Denver signs RB Ron Dayne

That's too bad, I thought he would of been a good back-up for WM after TH is traded. Especially now with the signing Anderson, I would like for us to get another big power runner so when the line and Willis wear down a defense we don't miss a beat with a fresh RB with power. If TH does indeed get traded, who would be a good back-up?

Dayne has no power. Its one of the bigest misconceptions in football. He is a chubby football player who plays soft. The Giants really screwed up when they selected Dayne over Shawn Alexander. Can you imagine Tiki and Alexander in the same backfield?

That's too bad, I thought he would of been a good back-up for WM after TH is traded. Especially now with the signing Anderson, I would like for us to get another big power runner so when the line and Willis wear down a defense we don't miss a beat with a fresh RB with power. If TH does indeed get traded, who would be a good back-up?

293903[/snapback]

A. Smith signed w/ NO and Davenport re-signed w/ GB today also.. A. Thomas and T. Wheatley are all thats left in FA..

I posted something on Dayne before and I forget who said it, but they suggested both of those RBs. I have to say, I'd be happy with either one of them for a back-up. I think I would prefer Wheatley by just a tad. He's quite capable, the money should be a better deal than A-Train, and he's a bit older, shouldn't have to worry about discontentment. At the risk of getting torched, I'd be curious about William Green if he were to become available.

Is LP available? Can't be any worse than Green, unless he's in jail somewhere.

Dayne & Green? I'd rather have Shaud Williams & Joe Burns. Why is it that no matter how bad a player is, the minute he's available, or becomes unavailable people on this board believe we can turn another team's trash into our treasure

I would like to sign William Green on the cheap. He is odd man out in Cleveland if Ekuban can pass his physical. Green has all the talent and it seems he is getting his life in order now. I root for William Green- he has had a very tough life

I would like to sign William Green on the cheap.  He is odd man out in Cleveland if Ekuban can pass his physical.  Green has all the talent and it seems he is getting his life in order now.  I root for William Green- he has had a very tough life

293912[/snapback]

No more dumb football players.

No more dumb football players.

293913[/snapback]

Yes, we already have one. However, he is the best back-up RB we can have and still stay within the Cap. I still believe that Travis WILL be back this year, and we will be thankful.

The Broncos seem to be obsessed with signing/trading for players who are overrated and have flopped badly in the NFL. I'd check on their GM, make sure he isnt bringing them down from the inside.

Courtney Brown and Ron Dayne on the same team? Who can show up at camp overweight and demonstrate inept football skills the best?

The Broncos seem to be obsessed with signing/trading for players who are overrated and have flopped badly in the NFL.  I'd check on their GM, make sure he isnt bringing them down from the inside.

Courtney Brown and Ron Dayne on the same team?  Who can show up at camp overweight and demonstrate inept football skills the best?

293924[/snapback]

The recent Lenny P article on ESPN supports your case. Ever since Elway retired, Shanahan has been making many moves that border desperation. His drafting has been horrid, which results in many washouts being signed as reclamation projects. Signals Shanahan really has no answers .

Ron Dayne might be the best test yet that pretty much any running back can be successful in the Denver system.

293961[/snapback]

I was thinking the same thing, only w/ a :angry: added.

The Giants from the first believed that Dayne was a big, power RB. But w/ Dayne, it's like they bought a bottle of shampoo, and when they opened it, toothpaste came out. Dayne has the size to be a power rusher, but that's not how he does or can play. Fassel and Coughlin were both exasperated that he wasn't the type of player his size dictated he should be. That and Dayne has been something of a head case, thinking he's all that and a bag o' chips and what everyone else is saying is wrong.

Maybe Shanahan will get something out of him.... Probably not.

293999[/snapback]

What Shanahan might get are his walking papers.

Dayne won't be able to breathe at that altitude for at least three months.

A Great Dane he is not.

The Giants from the first believed that Dayne was a big, power RB. But w/ Dayne, it's like they bought a bottle of shampoo, and when they opened it, toothpaste came out. Dayne has the size to be a power rusher, but that's not how he does or can play. Fassel and Coughlin were both exasperated that he wasn't the type of player his size dictated he should be. That and Dayne has been something of a head case, thinking he's all that and a bag o' chips and what everyone else is saying is wrong.

293999[/snapback]

Personally I love the move. One of my favorite moments every year is when someone picks this guy on fantasy draft day and I laugh my backside off. Every year Dayne supposedly comes to camp in the best shape of his life, and every year he stinks.

The fact that Dayne is now on Denver guarantees that said flyer will be taken yet again this year. Good times. B-)