WR situation is like going in with Peterman as starter last year

7 minutes ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

OP is seriously forgetting how bad the running game was last year. I love what we have done to fix this. We addressed the line in Free Agency and with our second round pick. And just in-case the problem was old as dirt running back's we also took fresh legs with our 3rd pick. McCoy and Ivory ran for 3.2 and 3.3 ypc respectively. And with Allen's big arm I doubt those low ypc were due to teams overloading the box on us. There was just nowhere to run. 

With an improved o line, your running game is going to be better.  Very few rbs make your running game better.  McCoy was a good rb behind a good o line.  It’s why rb is such an after thought position now.  Your o line makes your running game.

5 minutes ago, Troll Toll said:

I feel like I’m in a Twilight Zone episode. Daboll has basically always had an offense at the bottom of the league. Maybe I’m misunderstanding expectations of other fans? I don’t think Buffalo finishes with a top 20 offense this year. Are people cool with that because the defense will carry the load? Do people actually think Buffalo will go from one of the worst offenses to a top 20 offense with the moves they made? 

I think your name kills your points but I agree.  There is so much blind trust in Daboll who literally has one of the worst offense resumes in the nfl.  He was worse than Dennison.  In fact, the only reason he wasn’t fired is because McBeane would look terrible if they fired 2 OCs in 2 years.

1 minute ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

With an improved o line, your running game is going to be better.  Very few rbs make your running game better.  McCoy was a good rb behind a good o line.  It’s why rb is such an after thought position now.  Your o line makes your running game.

I agree. But McCoy was 30 last year.  As was Ivory. So i just don't want to completely rule out that maybe he could have aged on us.

29 minutes ago, Troll Toll said:

High end 2s hit 1000 yards receiving. He is a low end 2 or a high end 3.

That’s still better than the low end 3s you claim we had last year. Which are now our actual 3s and 4s. 

38 minutes ago, Doc said:

Where did you hear that?

Good and fair question.  It was on a radio interview -Kyle Williams on a post - game, Schop and the Bulldog, on WGR. 

And don't get me wrong, Kyle was very tactful, didn't say anything that could be directly interpreted as throwing Allen under the bus but I thought his meaning was clear.  He said " "In the long run, we don't talk about this loss ruining anything.  It's a clear sign of a lack of execution and preparation. We don't have the luxury of riding the roller coaster of whether we're good or not."   Then he was asked what kind of help he thought he or other veterans could provide to the rookie QB to avoid that roller coaster because he made good throws and plays the previous week and must have felt good about yourself but yesterday (against GB) was erratic (words to that effect) and Kyle said "I think there's a difference between feeling good about yourself and being realistic about how you need to prepare and I'm not just speaking about Josh, I'm talking about everybody, never get too high, never get too low, and I think it's something you learn with repetition, with experience and having gone through the course of what an NFL season was like...sometimes the thing you have to weather is success, you know, 'how are we going to handle this?' ....make sure he's hearing the right things, understanding the right things..."

Again, it was very tactful, didn't finger point Josh, but the implication was fairly clear in context that perhaps the success against the Vikes had gone a bit to the heads of some of the younger players (lthe guy he was asked about) and interfered with preparation for the GB game....and that it was a common rookie mistake experience would cure.

https://wgr550.radio.com/articles/news/williams-were-all-putting-lot-line-win

It's about 11 minutes in

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Troll Toll said:

I feel like I’m in a Twilight Zone episode. Daboll has basically always had an offense at the bottom of the league. Maybe I’m misunderstanding expectations of other fans? I don’t think Buffalo finishes with a top 20 offense this year. Are people cool with that because the defense will carry the load? Do people actually think Buffalo will go from one of the worst offenses to a top 20 offense with the moves they made? 

Yes.  

29 minutes ago, Troll Toll said:

I’m not looking for a world class supporting cast, I’m looking for a supporting cast that isn’t bottom of the league. The optics of it to me are that they got a proven center, promising tackles, some high end WR3s, old RBs, questionable at best guards and a downgrade at TE. Asking for him to have 1 receiver that can consistently get 1000 yards isn’t asking for that much. He was able to make do with the horrible O-line last year, but the WR situation was untenable. You could argue Foster was their best receiver last year and will be their best receiver going into this year. He strung together a couple good games at the end of last year, but he is far from a proven commodity.

26 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

You’re reaching with this.  Brown is not a high end 2. Come on. And I like Beasley but he only works with a number 1 and/or good TE taking coverage away.  The Cowboys’ passing attack was awful before they got Cooper.

The receiving corps isn't even close to bottom of the league.  That's just ridiculous.

And Brown was on-pace for almost 1,100 yards last year before they switched to Jackson.  The same for Foster, if he'd played all 16 games producing at the level he did for the last 7.

8 minutes ago, Troll Toll said:

We were 30th in both points and yards last year. If we don't improve to the mid to low 20's at a minimum then i will be disappointed. I'm not predicting a top 16 offense but it could happen. When you have a second year QB it is all about that QB's personal development and improvement. We could easily be a 26th ranked offense next year but if Allen personally breaks out into the player we think he can be then it has been a positive season.

• Like (+1) 1

49 minutes ago, Troll Toll said:

I’m not looking for a world class supporting cast, I’m looking for a supporting cast that isn’t bottom of the league. The optics of it to me are that they got a proven center, promising tackles, some high end WR3s, old RBs, questionable at best guards and a downgrade at TE. Asking for him to have 1 receiver that can consistently get 1000 yards isn’t asking for that much. He was able to make do with the horrible O-line last year, but the WR situation was untenable. You could argue Foster was their best receiver last year and will be their best receiver going into this year. He strung together a couple good games at the end of last year, but he is far from a proven commodity.

Wise fans realize that one pronounces on the quality of a roster during the draft on paper, but that actual football games are played on Sunday on turf.

You correctly identify the scope of the upgrades the Bills had to make on offense.  They have obviously taken steps to not be at the bottom of the league.  You've made your view known that the Bills are still at the bottom of the league regardless. 

Time will tell.

PS just to inject a bit of fact as to the contention "high end #2s hit 1000 yds receiving":

Four teams had 2 players with over 1000 yds receiving last season; only 3 teams had 2 WR with over 1000 yds receiving last season.  For those counting at home, that means 28 teams did NOT have 2 players with over 1000 yds, including last year's Super Bowl Champion (which had 0 players >1000 yds receiving)

So yes, you are asking for a world- class supporting cast if you insist your #2 WR has >1000 yds, and you're also asking for a successful QB (Cousins, Rivers, Roethlisberger, and the up and coming Mahomes).