How Elvis Died

Tiberius

7 hours ago, Marv's Neighbor said:

I remember him when he used to be funny!

That's just code for:

"I was young once."

That will be 5¢, thank you.

lucy-psychiatric_booth.jpg

3 minutes ago, Binghamton Beast said:

He was taking a ***** and had a heart attack, right?

That's the story I always heard from day one.  Wow, what sh itty way to go!

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Binghamton Beast said:

He was taking a ***** and had a heart attack, right?

Basically, that’s what we all surmise.

The afore-mentioned Glenn Gould who, like Elvis, famously abused prescription drugs, was also found on his own bathroom floor, near death from a massive stroke.  (He died four days later.)

Strange coincidence?  I don’t know.  But I do try to take care of all my bathroom business before I start dosing!

8 hours ago, Wacka said:

That 30 lbs of equal matter is BS.  

equal to what?

8 hours ago, Wacka said:

The average BM is only about a pound a day.

If that's true, I'm kinda like the US Army...I do more before 9AM than most people do all day

• Haha (+1) 1

49 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

That's just code for:

"I was young once."

That will be 5¢, thank you.

lucy-psychiatric_booth.jpg

That's the story I always heard from day one.  Wow, what sh itty way to go!

If he had that serious opiod constipation thing going on, he just might have died of happiness!!! 

4 minutes ago, /dev/null said:

equal to what?

If that's true, I'm kinda like the US Army...I do more before 9AM than most people do all day

Ditto!  My gastro MD wants me to ‘read a short article’ at least 4x a day to keep my blood ammonia down, and prescribes enough senna glycoside and lactulose to make sure that it happens.

7 hours ago, row_33 said:

he was swallowing dozens and dozens of prescription drugs at a time, knowing full well what each was supposed to do

nothing innocent at all about this, sorry...

What was that hysterical SNL skit about pets?

Oh yes...puppy uppers, doggie downers...

https://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-live/video/puppy-uppers-doggie-downers/3004208

That dog knew full well what those biscuits would do, but ate them anyway.

Edited by The Senator

On 4/23/2019 at 10:05 PM, Tiberius said:

I had a vague notion he committed suicide or something. I remember that day so well and just became a fan of his song Suspicious Minds and that made me look it up. 30 pounds??? Damn, no wonder he was pushing so hard.

You remember that day so well, yet you thought he committed suicide?  I'm a little confused.  

16 hours ago, Gugny said:

Four-five month-old stool stuck in the colon?  Dude must have cleared rooms when he passed gas.

Andre the Giant did that, the only public person I'm aware of with those anecdotes

4 hours ago, bbb said:

You remember that day so well, yet you thought he committed suicide?  I'm a little confused.  

I remember what I did that day and how I found out about his death, but I didn't know exactly the cause of death

• Like (+1) 1

there was the one performer who could extinguish candles with his flatulence, from decent distances

-----------------------------------------

if you visited Graceland,

how intense did the racquetball games get for The King for his last years such that he needed to build a court, at least it could house 100s of gold records after his death

Edited by row_33

On 4/24/2019 at 7:57 AM, ExiledInIllinois said:

I was like 9 in 1977.  I remember from day one he died on the crapper, heart attack and that drugs were probably the answer.  I didn't realize till recently that it was from pushing too hard.  Oh my!

There was a "1,000 Ways to Die" episode about a guy who died bringing the big game on the throne.  Maybe it was about Elvis pushing so hard thinking: "he'd better get it out because winter was coming!"    Who knows?  He did live in Memphis where it is usually warm and they are scared of snow.

I was driving through the front gate of Camp Lejeune NC enroute to the airport, my active service complete. 

On 4/25/2019 at 3:29 PM, Chandler#81 said:

I was driving through the front gate of Camp Lejeune NC enroute to the airport, my active service complete. 

In honor of Elvis's military service you should have turned around and reenlisted.

I liked Camp Lejeune when I was there except it was a long drive on base from gate to where I was working, having to wait for a formation to pass, before I got to where I was working.  The person in charge of contract stated I could only charge from when I got into building and I stated our contract was with Camp Lejeune not a specific unit and it my time was not free.  He disagreed so I turned around and went back to hotel and called company (before cell phones were common). Later that day got a call to return and I'd be able to charge for all of the time from when I got to gate that morning.  Contact changed hours next day so I'd miss daily formation something he was not inclined to change when it was my time not his.