Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
SlimShady'sSpaceForce

Fear The Walking Dead

Recommended Posts

 

 

 

We have another returning actor crossing over 

 

what-to-expect-from-fear-the-walking-dea

 

 

 

the Trailer has been out for a little while.  

Fear the Walking Dead returns for Season 5 on Sunday, June 2 (at 9/8c),

 

https://tvline.com/2019/03/30/fear-the-walking-dead-season-5-premiere-date-june-2019-amc/

 

Edited by ShadyBillsFan
  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, PastaJoe said:

I wonder if they’ll ever do the time jump so they can sync up with Walking Dead.

How long does it take to walk from Virginia to the Texas border by Mexico?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

How long does it take to walk from Virginia to the Texas border by Mexico?

Google Maps says 575 hours.  That doesn't count sleeping or anything else and I'm sure you need to add on a significant amount of detour time for apocalypse related shenanigans.  If you triple the amount of time it takes you to actually walk to account for those factors, walking 8 hours a day it will take you a little over 215 days.

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, That's No Moon said:

Google Maps says 575 hours.  That doesn't count sleeping or anything else and I'm sure you need to add on a significant amount of detour time for apocalypse related shenanigans.  If you triple the amount of time it takes you to actually walk to account for those factors, walking 8 hours a day it will take you a little over 215 days.

great job.  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎5‎/‎20‎/‎2019 at 2:33 PM, That's No Moon said:

Google Maps says 575 hours.  That doesn't count sleeping or anything else and I'm sure you need to add on a significant amount of detour time for apocalypse related shenanigans.  If you triple the amount of time it takes you to actually walk to account for those factors, walking 8 hours a day it will take you a little over 215 days.

 

What's the estimated pace, how many miles a day?

 

It takes a lot of calories to maintain a good pace.

Edited by Gary M

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I stopped watching after season 2... too much TV to watch so it dropped off of my priorities.

 

Is it worth getting back into?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, bdutton said:

I stopped watching after season 2... too much TV to watch so it dropped off of my priorities.

 

Is it worth getting back into?

 

I thought last season moved along better.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Gary M said:

 

I thought last season moved along better.

 

I'm the exact opposite on this one.  The most recent season was garbage.  They had done a nice job in the prior season or two building up certain people and then they completely threw everything out the window and rebooted the show.  Sure, some of the newbies are good characters, but not enough of them.  I'm also not all that crazy about this current incarnation of Morgan.  But hey, at least I can count on him revealing his 85th alternate personality soon enough.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Boca BIlls said:

All the dead aren't... Dead yet?

This actually. We've seen that the dead still do decompose. After the initial crush of millions of dead I wouldn't think that there would be enough living to support a continual flow of new dead to make things like massive hordes. Winter dead freeze, desert dead would almost certainly be desiccated quickly, swampy dead grow things and fall apart. Things like floods, tornados, wildfires, and hurricanes are still happening and with no ability or instinct to seek shelter you lose plenty there. You'd see predation from things like mountain lions, bears, and alligators. We are multiple years into this process at this point. There shouldn't be many dead left at all and yet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, That's No Moon said:

This actually. We've seen that the dead still do decompose. After the initial crush of millions of dead I wouldn't think that there would be enough living to support a continual flow of new dead to make things like massive hordes. Winter dead freeze, desert dead would almost certainly be desiccated quickly, swampy dead grow things and fall apart. Things like floods, tornados, wildfires, and hurricanes are still happening and with no ability or instinct to seek shelter you lose plenty there. You'd see predation from things like mountain lions, bears, and alligators. We are multiple years into this process at this point. There shouldn't be many dead left at all and yet.

 

This would apply to the 6 year time jump on The Walking Dead.

 

Its  Fiction and grosser is better 

50 minutes ago, bdutton said:

I stopped watching after season 2... too much TV to watch so it dropped off of my priorities.

 

Is it worth getting back into?

 

45 minutes ago, Gary M said:

 

I thought last season moved along better.

 

Reasons 1 and 2

FTWD_501_RG_1211_0342_RT.jpg&c=sc&w=850&

 

Reason 3 and 4 

aHR0cDovL3d3dy5uZXdzYXJhbWEuY29tL2ltYWdl  MGFTWD.jpg

 

 

 

 

AND the druggie Nick is long dead 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

anyone watching?  

 

Morgan and Dwight reunite.

Al is still missing

the crazy kids are up to something nefarious 

Strand is still looking for an airplane to "rescue" the others after being tricked into leaving their "homestead" at the denim factory 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Having gone through the 70's and most of the 80's, with the BILLS, I've seen all the walking dead that I care to.

  • Haha (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I will say I've been entertained.  I've watched each episode so far this season.  

 

That being said, wow, it's a lot of hot garbage from a story point of view.  Journalists can fly planes now, even more dumbass kids being weird, random Matt Frewer, Reuben Blades miraculously survived Season 3 to end up in Texas....somehow with a warehouse of vehicles and weapons.  

 

Good set pieces though, especially the Wild West one.  Garrett Dillahunt and Jenna Elfman are carrying the season. 

 

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, dpberr said:

I will say I've been entertained.  I've watched each episode so far this season.  

 

That being said, wow, it's a lot of hot garbage from a story point of view.  Journalists can fly planes now, even more dumbass kids being weird, random Matt Frewer, Reuben Blades miraculously survived Season 3 to end up in Texas....somehow with a warehouse of vehicles and weapons.  

 

Good set pieces though, especially the Wild West one.  Garrett Dillahunt and Jenna Elfman are carrying the season. 

 

 

So much of it is mind-numbingly stupid.  The split bullet thing this week?  And why is it that they needed the plane (and the next plane) so badly to get over there, yet Dwight got there all on his own?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...