I want to try Teller on the Dline...

9 hours ago, nucci said:

Teller may not make the team as an OL...

I just want to say I agree with this.  So many people have Teller as a "lock" for making the team.

I say why would anyone think the second pick in the 5th round is a shoe in.

He needs to win a job like everyone else and I see very little reason his draft status from last year gives him much benefit.

Edited by ColoradoBills

well, i appreciate all the clever quips, attempts at comedy and all around elementary insults,  but his natural upbringing was on the dline.   he should have switched schools instead of agreeing  to play oline.  i know, i know just because he started out there young and in high school, it would be stupid to try to utilize his size/skill/and demeanor at a position of need.

why would they even consider doing something so stupid? signed....eric fisher

On 4/18/2019 at 7:45 PM, ColoradoBills said:

I just want to say I agree with this.  So many people have Teller as a "lock" for making the team.

I say why would anyone think the second pick in the 5th round is a shoe in.

He needs to win a job like everyone else and I see very little reason his draft status from last year gives him much benefit.

...maybe, maybe we strike gold in the proverbial 5th again ala Meatball.........

• Like (+1) 1

On 4/18/2019 at 6:30 AM, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...I'd prefer Josh on punt returns.........

He does have big hands...

The Oakland Raiders did try to turn Earthquake Enyart into a defensive player after he left the Bills.  Tore up his knee, and that was the end of that career.

2 hours ago, The Senator said:

Teller more of a punt return guy.

He’s almost small enough to use on the ‘Hide the Midget’ play.  Can I say that?

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

He does have big hands...

The Oakland Raiders did try to turn Earthquake Enyart into a defensive player after he left the Bills.  Tore up his knee, and that was the end of that career.

...LOL....all-time Bills name game favorite..........:thumbsup:

On 4/17/2019 at 6:37 PM, GreggTX said:

Not gonna happen, but as consolation, he played better at G than some posters give him credit for. If he makes even a small step in year 2, he should be your average starter.

No he didn't. He would need to make significant improvements to start. I will not say he can't. But on paper he is a roster bubble guy. If they keep Bodine and Long , Teller won't make it. If Long shows he can back up center then Bodine will get cut or traded and Teller will make the team.

Edited by Ethan in Portland

On 4/17/2019 at 9:13 PM, BuffaloBill said:

I’ve read many crazy ideas on this board but this has to be right at the top of the list.

Crazier than trading our starting DE for a backup QB from Arizona?  No. That was the ultimate in crazy and his roid fumes convinced others as well.

On 4/17/2019 at 8:13 PM, BuffaloBill said:

I’ve read many crazy ideas on this board but this has to be right at the top of the list.

Well the Bills pulled it off with Jason Peters going from a TE to the best LT in the league, Teller at least has some time on defense before being moved so unless he was just terrible on defense if the O line thing doesn't work out before they just release him it mat be worth a shot to see if he could make a difference .

Even if it's as a rotational player at first to learn the D who knows we could have the next Kyle on the team, the guy has a ton of strength !! 

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, T master said:

Well the Bills pulled it off with Jason Peters going from a TE to the best LT in the league, Teller at least has some time on defense before being moved so unless he was just terrible on defense if the O line thing doesn't work out before they just release him it mat be worth a shot to see if he could make a difference .

Even if it's as a rotational player at first to learn the D who knows we could have the next Kyle on the team, the guy has a ton of strength !! 

throw some alice cooper paint under his eyes and we have a supercharged mitch ferrotte. i probably lost a lot of ya there....

i bet he would absolutely love to get on that dirty d side of the ball and tombstone some qbs. if however, he chooses ranch over bleu cheese..then it may be a waste of time..

Edited by billsredneck1