So You Want a Burial @ Sea?

25 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

boring !!!!!    

I wanted to see a shark frenzy 

Ending up as marine poop, who cares?

Have the environmentalists approved this??  Unless you die of "natural causes," we'll be making the sea creatures sick with what we had.

7 hours ago, WhoTom said:

Got any videos of the embalming process for comparison?

Well, I have no videos, but I do know that they drain your blood, fill your veins with latex, scrub your teeth with Comet, and sew every orifice - lips, and all the others - permanently closed, all so your family and friends can stare at your corpse and marvel at how great you look.

Give me a closed casket for a few hours if my friends want to pay respects, then instant cremation.  Do with my ashes what you will - I’m dead and don’t care.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, The Senator said:

Well, I have no videos, but I do know that they drain your blood, fill your veins with latex, scrub your teeth with Comet, and sew every orifice - lips, and all the others - permanently closed, all so your family and friends can stare at your corpse and marvel at how great you look.

Give me a closed casket for a few hours if my friends want to pay respects, then instant cremation.  Do with my ashes what you will - I’m dead and don’t care.

Please don't bury me
Down in that cold, cold ground
No, I?d rather have 'em cut me up
And pass me all around"
"Throw my brain in a hurricane
And the blind can have my eyes
And the deaf can take both of my ears
If they don't mind the size"
"Give my stomach to Milwaukee
If they run out of beer
Put my socks in a cedar box
Just to get 'em out of here"
"Venus De Milo can have my arms
Look out! I've got your nose
Sell my heart to the junk man
And give my love to Rose"
"But please don't bury me
I?d rather have 'em cut me up
And pass me all around"
The blind can have my eyes
If they don't mind the size, oh man!"
"Give my feet to the footloose
Careless, fancy free
And give my knees to the needy
Don't pull that stuff on me"
"Hand me down my walking cane
It?s a sin to tell a lie
Send my mouth way down south
And kiss my ass goodbye"
"But, please don't bury me
And pass me all around"
If they don't mind the size, that's right"
             John Prine
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Turk71 said:
Please don't bury me
No, I?d rather have 'em cut me up
And pass me all around"
If they don't mind the size"
"Give my stomach to Milwaukee
If they run out of beer
Put my socks in a cedar box
Just to get 'em out of here"
"Venus De Milo can have my arms
Look out! I've got your nose
Sell my heart to the junk man
And give my love to Rose"
"But please don't bury me
And pass me all around"
The blind can have my eyes
If they don't mind the size, oh man!"
"Give my feet to the footloose
Careless, fancy free
And give my knees to the needy
Don't pull that stuff on me"
"Hand me down my walking cane
It?s a sin to tell a lie
Send my mouth way down south
And kiss my ass goodbye"
"But, please don't bury me
And pass me all around"
If they don't mind the size, that's right"
             John Prine

I’ve always loved John Prine - it’s quite a pleasure to know another fan!

• Thank you (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, The Senator said:

I’ve always loved John Prine - it’s quite a pleasure to know another fan!

He is a treasure. We will see him August 2nd at the Portland Zoo. Seen him twice before but it has been some years now. Looking forward to it, he always makes me smile. 

I just thought of something, were you there when Greg Allman played at CHS? I was in the front row with my arms on the stage, with Cher and Chastity dancing in front of me. ?? Kids were passing doobies.?

2 hours ago, Turk71 said:

He is a treasure. We will see him August 2nd at the Portland Zoo. Seen him twice before but it has been some years now. Looking forward to it, he always makes me smile. 

I just thought of something, were you there when Greg Allman played at CHS? I was in the front row with my arms on the stage, with Cher and Chastity dancing in front of me. ?? Kids were passing doobies.?

Yes - I was the treasurer that wrote all the checks for that event.  Militello never really told me why I was writing all those checks, but I trusted Mike and wrote them anyway.

As I recall, we pulled everyone out of class for a presentation on “The Acoustics of Sound”.  Greg Allman came on stage and said, “I’ll be your Professor today.”

Brian Proknal was the guy who made it all happen.  He knew Greg was in town for rehab, and bombarded the guy with letters begging him to do the event.

Still have photos of Greg and Cher with me, Fr.Papaj, and Fr. Creahan, and a few classmates from ‘77.

Don’t remember smoking doobies in the auditorium - we did that in Fr. Carr’s office, or in our small sanctuary on the 3rd floor of what is now the Kessler wing ( the old Rand Mansion).

Good memories.

Edited by The Senator
  • Haha (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, The Senator said:

Yes - I was the treasurer that wrote all the checks for that event.  Militello never really told me why I was writing all those checks, but I trusted Mike and wrote them anyway.

As I recall, we pulled everyone out of class for a presentation on “The Acoustics of Sound”.  Greg Allman came on stage and said, “I’ll be your Professor today.”

Brian Proknal was the guy who made it all happen.  He knew Greg was in town for rehab, and bombarded the guy with letters begging him to do the event.

Still have photos of Greg and Cher with me, Fr.Papaj, and Fr. Creahan, and a few classmates from ‘77.

Don’t remember smoking doobies in the auditorium - we did that in Fr. Carr’s office, or in our small sanctuary on the 3rd floor of what is now the Kessler wing ( the old Rand Mansion).

Good memories.

Yes. Father Carr was awesome, but in front at the stage people definitely lit up and I was shocked but partook nonetheless. I was only a freshman and thought it was customary at Allman shows.

I remember all the folks you speak of and it's amazing I happened to bring this up and you were such a central part of it.

I tried to ditch the whole affair and escape on the way to it but was caught by Friedhaber. 

13 minutes ago, The Senator said:

Jesus H. Christ, we once were really this young?

https://buffalonews.com/2017/06/21/sean-kirst-gregg-allman-canisius-show-lives-changed/

E5CF378F-1CEA-44AE-807C-43666926A9A7.jpeg

You are killing me brother.

That was an incredibly special day.

I remember that moment. 

I was literally standing next to the photographer and that was almost my view. Wow.

I was to the left of him in front of the stage. Thank you for blowing my mind tonight. That was what I needed. 

Edited by Turk71

8 minutes ago, Turk71 said:

Yes. Father Carr was awesome, but in front at the stage people definitely lit up and I was shocked but partook nonetheless. I was only a freshman and thought it was customary at Allman shows.

I remember all the folks you speak of and it's amazing I happened to bring this up and you were such a central part of it.

I tried to ditch the whole affair and escape on the way to it but was caught by Friedhaber. 

Loire 

You are killing me brother.

Just please don’t tell me you took German with Frau, or history with DAC, or Calculus with Zippy Cohn.  We’d have to share stories about sneaking out to Merlin’s, or busting a big fat one behind the Jesuit residence wing!

Andrea Tyrpak, current principal, was a first year religion teacher back then, quite a hottie, and the object, I’m sure, of countless fantasies.

My own fantasies were for Ms. Friedman, the art teacher - also a work of art!

Edited by The Senator

3 minutes ago, The Senator said:

Just please don’t tell me you took German with Frau, or history with DAC.

Andrea Tyrpak, current principal, was a first year religion teacher back then, quite a hottie, and the object, I’m sure, of countless fantasies.

My own fantasies were for Ms. Friedman, the art teacher - also a work of art!

Freshman year I had Tyrpak and Friedman. 

4 minutes ago, The Senator said:

And you imagined yourself in the middle, I’m sure ?

(I know I did!)

Yes. I loved them both, but Miss Friedman was hotter, far more complex and sexy imo. ? Hilarious.

14 minutes ago, Turk71 said:

Yes. I loved them both, but Miss Friedman was hotter, far more complex and sexy imo. ? Hilarious.

Yeah, I loved Ms. Friedman.  Had her for home room in senior year.

Ms. Tyrpak was cute, but just so very young, innocent, and naive.  I don’t think she even understood what I and the rest of the entire student body, were thinking about her body.

(Or maybe she did...maybe she went home at night and fantasized about us all...I’d like to think that ?)

Edited by The Senator

1 minute ago, The Senator said:

Yeah, I loved Ms. Friedman.  Had her for home room in senior year.

Ms. Tyrpak was cute, but just so very young, innocent, and naive.  I don’t think she even understood what I and the rest of the entire student body, were thinking about her body.

I had Tyrpak for homeroom part of Sophomore year I think, she had me shipped out after I kept crack in jokes about some ridiculous video she made us watch one day. She was a bit high strung and naive then and I was pretty hilarious. 

I never gave Miss Friedman any trouble because she was a gift from God and she loved me.????