Operation Boomerang AG Barr's Investigation of Acts of Treason by Federal Employees

2 minutes ago, GG said:

Sending out a Tweet after a verdict is handed down is interfering with the Judiciary?  And that's the same as a highly influential private citizen meeting with the head prosecutor who was in the middle of an investigation of his wife?  

Sending out a Tweet after a verdict has been rendered and after the DOJ already decided to take action independently from Trump to remedy the sentencing request

But if Bob knew facts and details about the topics he opined on, he'd be informed. Alas, he's uninformed and seemingly dedicated to proving that with everything he posts. 

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Bob in Mich said:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2020/02/12/trump-stone-judge/

The tweets and his statements to the press are his attempt to influence the Stone sentencing.  If you missed that, check out this article

If a federal judge with lifetime tenure can be influenced by a tweet, then they really shouldn't be a judge.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Koko78 said:

If a federal judge with lifetime tenure can be influenced by a tweet, then they really shouldn't be a judge.

Tweets are official statements of the president per the DOJ. It's not crazy to think a federal judge with lifetime tenure could be influenced by an official statement of the president - especially when that statement specifically criticizes the judge. 

Will she be influenced? We should hope not.

Edited by Gary Busey
  • Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, GG said:

Sending out a Tweet after a verdict is handed down is interfering with the Judiciary?  And that's the same as a highly influential private citizen meeting with the head prosecutor who was in the middle of an investigation of his wife?  

Yeah, we are just going to have to agree to disagree.  I agree that we should try to see reality rather than trying to bend it.  You disagree apparently. 

Gotta go. Thx.    Have a good day!

• Haha (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Sending out a Tweet after a verdict has been rendered and after the DOJ already decided to take action independently from Trump to remedy the sentencing request

That is the timeline that people are conveniently ignoring. The DOJ already made their decision BEFORE Trump tweeted anything. How can he influence something that already was decided, especially if they are in agreement?

• Like (+1) 2

14 minutes ago, Koko78 said:

Gotta run so don't invest too much in a reply......

Similar to the point I just made to GG, a valid point but basically immaterial as to whether Trump was attempting to interfere in sentencing

3 minutes ago, Bob in Mich said:

I agree that we should try to see reality rather than trying to bend it. 

Says the guy who still believes that there was Russian collusion, despite Mueller's report, the Senate report, multiple House reports all saying otherwise. 

4 minutes ago, KRC said:

That is the timeline that people are conveniently ignoring. The DOJ already made their decision BEFORE Trump tweeted anything. How can he influence something that already was decided, especially if they are in agreement?

And there's a paper trail with time stamps to prove it ;) 

5 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Says the guy who still believes that there was Russian collusion, despite Mueller's report, the Senate report, multiple House reports all saying otherwise. 

And there's a paper trail with time stamps to prove it ;) 

All it means is that Trump stepped on his dick once again with a premature Tweet.  All he had to do is wait a few hours for Barr's actions to publicly percolate through the system.

But, Bobs of the world don't understand chronology.

Edited by GG
  • Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, KRC said:

Honestly haven't been paying much attention to this - has there been any confirmation of the bolded other than the CBS report from an unnamed DOJ source? 

2 minutes ago, GG said:

But, Bobs of the world don't understand chronology.

Or the realities of what they're asking for: case in point --

Of course, to someone like Gary and  @Bob in Mich, the FISA abuse -- which is proven beyond question -- is fiction. A "conspiracy theory" without merit. Meanwhile, he continues to believe, push, and spread to an actual conspiracy theory, devoid of evidence (Trump/Russia collusion).

Because the Gary's and Bob's of the world are dolts. Useless idiots, programmed by their "betters" in the media to do their propagandizing without question or thought. 

(For more evidence of that last sentence, look one post above.)

2 hours ago, Bob in Mich said:

Len, pardon me if I don't shed tears for Stone because he got arrested outside of normal business hours, with a knock on his door.  In Michigan, to arrest people suspected of basement cannabis gardens during the early days of medical marijuana, law enforcement swat teams routinely arrested non-violent, non-flight-risk elderly folks, by kicking in their doors in the middle of the night, sometimes shooting their pet dogs, at times using concussion grenades, and at times shooting the startled homeowners who came to investigate the intrusion.   As is a popular refrain around here....I didn't hear you complaining then.    Not that I would have expected you to.  I just wanted to use it    lol

You don't like our justice system that punishes and pressures defendants for cooperation, that is fine but let's agree that is the way they have always worked.  You don't like swat teams going on 'practice raids', endangering the accused for no logical reason?  I agree.  To claim that the Stone arrest was highly unusual and that everyone is just picking on Don and his friends though, is just misleading

https://www.politico.com/news/2019/12/20/judge-delays-roger-stones-sentencing-until-feb-20-088813

from the article

A jury convicted Stone in November on seven felony counts of lying to investigators, obstructing a congressional probe and witness tampering — crimes that carry a maximum sentence of 50 years in prison.

I was going under the impression you were center left. Rationalizing overly aggressive tactics and unreasonable sentencing guidelines because someone else was terrorized seems much more extreme left (or extreme right) than center left or right. 

Let me say this, Bobercrombie and Fitch, I can't speak to the Jamiacan Marihooch dispensaries in Grove's Point, but I'd be surprised if the situation was even remotely the same.  I'd think underground Reefer Plantations would be raided without warning, that the occupants might well be armed against all manner of predators, and that they likely did not know they were about to be charged.  

• Like (+1) 1

Yup. 

They are setting the shirts they're wearing on fire in order to get rid of the wrinkles. 

Just now, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

I was going under the impression you were center left.

Bob is whatever the TV tells him to be that day.

He has no principles, or underlying philosophies that guide his opinions. 

• Like (+1) 4

14 hours ago, mead107 said:

What happened to DC Tom? 

Apparently he just dipped out of the blue. I don't think there's any backstory that's made its way into the pages of the board.

However, if you look and know what to look for you can still find his musings in other corners of the interwebs.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Or the realities of what they're asking for: case in point --

Of course, to someone like Gary and  @Bob in Mich, the FISA abuse -- which is proven beyond question -- is fiction. A "conspiracy theory" without merit. Meanwhile, he continues to believe, push, and spread to an actual conspiracy theory, devoid of evidence (Trump/Russia collusion).

Because the Gary's and Bob's of the world are dolts. Useless idiots, programmed by their "betters" in the media to do their propagandizing without question or thought. 

(For more evidence of that last sentence, look one post above.)

That it has been indeed.  If a poster can't even acknowledge that basic truth at this point, then further discussion on any topics that stem from it is totally pointless.  

• Like (+1) 4

30 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Oops. 

Truly amazing.  These TDS suffering, oppose 45 at all cost, foot soldiers manage to make a world class arse like Roger Stone into a figure that seemingly deserves our sympathy.

• Like (+1) 3