Anyone else catch Bob Weir Friday at She's?

gomper

1 hour ago, gomper said:

Good God was that good! Nice, tight, intricate jams. Harp player was fantastic as well. 

Mikelia(sp?).  Saw her and her band open for lake Street dive a year or so ago.  Pretty awesome.  The Wolf Brothers tour has been pretty awesome. Weir, Was and Lane are killing it!!!

• Awesome! (+1) 1

I love that theater, what a great place to see him. I saw Bob with The Dead last summer and he looked like he needed a shot of adrenalin tbh. Glad to hear they are playing well. Going to see The Dead two nights in June at the Gorge Amphitheater in Washington. Would love to see the Wolf Bros but L A is the only West Coast show and I don't like going there.

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Turk71 said:

I love that theater, what a great place to see him. I saw Bob with The Dead last summer and he looked like he needed a shot of adrenalin tbh. Glad to hear they are playing well. Going to see The Dead two nights in June at the Gorge Amphitheater in Washington. Would love to see the Wolf Bros but L A is the only West Coast show and I don't like going there.

Absolutely famously beautiful edifice.

Not a big Broadway musical fan, but saw

a few great ones there.

Also saw Muddy Waters there, b4 the $30M renovation, and Neil Young, Harry Connick Jr. more recently.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

Sometimes I see him driving by.....he lives on my street.  He joins in unannounced on stage now and again at the local music hall where he's part owner but I haven't caught him there yet.

We were at Brian Johnson’s (AC/DC) wife’s B-day party at a local restaurant. They brought a band in from Orlando, a couple hours away. The room was full of R&R HOF guys, and they all ended up playing while we sat with the Orlando band and the wives. Wildly awesome night! 

I know I’ve posted that before, but I could post it daily till the end of time.....it was AMAZING! 

4 hours ago, The Senator said:

Absolutely famously beautiful edifice.

Not a big Broadway musical fan, but saw

a few great ones there.

Also saw Muddy Waters there, b4 the $30M renovation, and Neil Young, Harry Connick Jr. more recently.

Beautiful place, I got to see Jerry over 50 times at the Warfield Theater on Market St in San Fran and Shea's is every bit as beautiful if not more so. I saw a few movie marathons there in the 70s when it was in decline. I also remember seeing some music there, an insane Tubes show comes to mind. 

Edited by Turk71

3 hours ago, KD in CA said:

Sometimes I see him driving by.....he lives on my street.  He joins in unannounced on stage now and again at the local music hall where he's part owner but I haven't caught him there yet.

Is he still in Mill Valley? I used to see some great shows at the Sweet Water and spent some great times in that area in the late 80s early 90s. San Anselmo and Bolinas were two of my favorite hangouts then.  

8 hours ago, Turk71 said:

Is he still in Mill Valley? I used to see some great shows at the Sweet Water and spent some great times in that area in the late 80s early 90s. San Anselmo and Bolinas were two of my favorite hangouts then.  

Yup;  he’s part owner of Sweetwater now, which moved a couple blocks from the original location that you went to.  In fact, I saw the former owner from those days recently died.

Both Weir and Sammy Hagar live up the mountain from our house so we see them around town or driving by occasionally. 

We love it here;  clearly it’s changed over the years but still retains a lot of the old vibe (especially Bolinas).
  • Thank you (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Turk71 said:

Beautiful place, I got to see Jerry over 50 times at the Warfield Theater on Market St in San Fran and Shea's is every bit as beautiful if not more so. I saw a few movie marathons there in the 70s when it was in decline. I also remember seeing some music there, an insane Tubes show comes to mind. 

Warfield, wonderful!  Saw Penn&Teller there.  

Bettet yet, Jerry and Stephan Grapelli, with some mandolin player.

My office was 5 blocks away, lived at Dave’s on 3rd St.

Was he in tune?  

I keed I keed.......

Well not really. 

14 hours ago, Turk71 said:

My favorite venue in the Bay Area is The Fox in Oakland.  I still fly up there at least once a year to attend a show there.