Ed Oliver to visit Buffalo

wppete

11 minutes ago, GimmeSomeProcess said:

Mack averaged 18 tkl for loss and 7 sacks a season in his career. Oliver avg 17 tkls for loss and 4.5 sacks. While Mack was more productive, so was Oliver. He put up those numbers playing  NT for a ton of snaps as well. Oliver is a legit prospect. 

Mack got progressively better, unlike Oliver.  Mack averaged 10 sacks and 20 TFL his last two years at UB.

2 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

You care about production but you'd take Metcalf?

Josh Allen is going in the top 5.

I don’t really like Metcalf, but that was one of the choices he gave me, and I think we should go offense there.

3 minutes ago, mannc said:

I don’t really like Metcalf, but that was one of the choices he gave me, and I think we should go offense there.

Huh?  No it wasn't...

Plus, you don't "go offense" - you go BPA once you have your QB.

Edited by Coach Tuesday
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, mannc said:

I gave you no such choice 

I'd be ok with Wilkins or Taylor at 9. But that's just it..."ok with". If I'm going by potential to be dynamic, its Oliver all day. I want no part of Gary or Jonah at 9. Or Metcalf for that matter

1 minute ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Huh?  No it wasn't...

My bad.  You’re right.  Yeah, I don’t love Metcalf but the need for a dynamic WR is such that he has to be considered.

WRT Oliver, there are just too many other good defensive linemen available.

1 minute ago, mannc said:

My bad.  You’re right.  Yeah, I don’t love Metcalf but the need for a dynamic WR is such that he has to be considered.

WRT Oliver, there are just too many other good defensive linemen available.

Not according to the list I gave you...

The BPA most likely will be a DE and DT, and it will absolutely be a need by 2020.  My guess is that Oliver due to his "lack of production" despite his good penetrating numbers will fit the bill.

I do believe him to be an impact player with elite talent level.  His size doesnt bother me that much because he would be the 3 technique and he has elite level quickness/first step and plays with great leverage.  

I suspect he will have better pass rushing and sack numbers than he did in college and he will undoubtedly have lots of TFL due to his style of play.  If he is there at 9, I think he will be the pick. 

Edited by Magox
  • Like (+1) 1

Just now, Magox said:

The BPA most likely will be a DE and DT, and it will absolutely be a need by 2020.  My guess is that Oliver due to his "lack of production" despite his good penetrating numbers will fit the bill.

I do believe him to be an impact player with elite talent level.  His size doesnt bother me that much because he would be the 3 technique and he has elite level quickness/first step and plays with great leverage.  

I suspect he will have better pass rushing and sack numbers than he did in college and he will undoubtedly have lots of TFL due to his size of play.  If he is there at 9, I think he will be the pick. 

Agreed.  Ceiling is very high at a premium position (pass rusher) and that's key when you're picking in the top 10.

2 minutes ago, BuffAlone said:

Not according to the list I gave you...

Those would not be the only guys available at 9.  I would also take QWilliams, Wilkins, Allen, Ferrell, Lawrence, Burns and several others before I took Oliver.  Only one or two of those will be off the board at 9.

Those would not be the only guys available at 9.  I would also take QWilliams, Wilkins, Allen, Ferrell, Lawrence, Burns and several others before I took Oliver.  Only one or two of those will be off the board at 9.

You would really take Dexter Lawrence at 9 over Ed Oliver??

3 minutes ago, Magox said:

I suspect he will have better pass rushing and sack numbers than he did in college and he will undoubtedly have lots of TFL due to his style of play.  If he is there at 9, I think he will be the pick. 

I agree. We needed a QB and MLB last year. They were there for us at BPA due to Beane maneuvering around to line up need/BPA. I can see him doing that again

• Like (+1) 1

No chance Q Will or Allen are there. If so, I take Q Will. But to think all those other guys are better than Oliver is crazy talk. 

5 minutes ago, BuffAlone said:

No chance Q Will or Allen are there. If so, I take Q Will. But to think all those other guys are better than Oliver is crazy talk. 

That’s fine.  I just don’t think Oliver is good. You do.  We’ll see.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, mannc said:

As I said in another thread, only half of the playoff teams last year had a 1,000 yard WR (the Rams had 2).  You don't need that dynamic WR to succeed and their plan was to add another speedster in Brown to pair with Foster to clear-out the underneath for Beasley and the running game.

• Like (+1) 1