What I would like to see the Bills do going forward

MAJBobby

i think saffold or williams are key to get also.  I know we need a WR but just to go out and get a WR cuz we have the cap space doesnt mean we should.  I believed Humphries would have been nice, im really not liking the rest of the FA class for WR.  So bolster the line and draft BPA in the draft, bills will have plenty of good talent to choose from at 9.  I hope thaey go DT/or edge depending on who is there or if it works out trade back.   If they get both saffold and williams then they can ad depth to that postion later on in the draft and look at skill postions with 2nd(WR Nkeal Harry).

16 minutes ago, YattaOkasan said:

I don’t disagree that we can manage the cap to sign those players but Morse’s is 19 mill this year. I have 19 + 7 (Kraft) + 2 (Gore) + Johnson (didn’t see the #s) - 4 * min contracts = 26 mil +. Again we can do things to manage to get the listed players but one thing I wouldn’t do is mortgage the future after doing such a good job front loading contracts. 

I was going off earlier quoted averaged per year contract figures my numbers were off. As I said if the figures quoted were correct ad they were not obviously.

Just now, dje85 said:

I was going off earlier quoted averaged per year contract figures my numbers were off. As I said if the figures quoted were correct ad they were not obviously.

No problem wanted to get some numbers in the thread and as I said we could get them if we absolutely had to have them. 

• Like (+1) 1

Here's my wishlist:

• RT in FA to avoid the need to spend early picks on the OL. Williams or James are the obvious choice. I'd love to pick up another G, but I suspect we draft one in the first 4 rounds and let them compete with Teller.
  • Edge rusher like Za'Darius Smith Ziggy Ansah because we will have a bare cupboard next year unless we break the bank for an avg starter in Lawson or a great player approaching the latter part of his career in Hughes.  
  • Trade for a WR, I don't like the FAs available. You can probably get a decent starter by swapping first round picks with a team that wants to move up and throwing in a mid-round pick. Obviously if we're going for top tier players, we'd likely have to pay more, but I'm fine with picking up a WR2 and not shooting our cap situation in the foot to sign the maybe # guys out there in Williams, Beasley and Tate, who are any good.
  • Sign Thomas Davis - our LB depth is not good and he is a great locker room guy who still produces. We NEED him to teach Milano and Edmunds how to be next-level.
  • Draft a DT in the 1st if we don't trade down and DK Metcalf is gone.
  • Draft Hockenson/Fant or Lindstrom if we trade back into the teens.
  • Draft Dalton Risner if we trade back into the 20s
  • Draft a WR in Rd 2 - N'Keal Harry if he's around please. We need to walk out of the draft with at least 2 solid WR prospects.
  • Draft one of Hunter Renfrow/Deebo Samuel/Hakeem Butler somehow
  • Draft a RB somewhere in our 4 picks in rds 4 and 5
  • Draft a developmental LB somewhere - every prospect I know is either a mike or a will, so suggestions would be appreciated
  • Draft a punter (ours are terrible)
Edited by ndirish1978
  • Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, ndirish1978 said:

Here's my wishlist:

• RT in FA to avoid the need to spend early picks on the OL. Williams or James are the obvious choice. I'd love to pick up another G, but I suspect we draft one in the first 4 rounds and let them compete with Teller.
  • Edge rusher like Za'Darius Smith because we will have a bare cupboard next year unless we break the bank for an avg starter in Lawson or a great player approaching the latter part of his career in Hughes.  
  • Trade for a WR, I don't like the FAs available. You can probably get a decent starter by swapping first round picks with a team that wants to move up and throwing in a mid-round pick. Obviously if we're going for top tier players, we'd likely have to pay more, but I'm fine with picking up a WR2 and not shooting our cap situation in the foot to sign the maybe # guys out there in Williams, Beasley and Tate, who are any good.
  • Sign Thomas Davis - our LB depth is not good and he is a great locker room guy who still produces. We NEED him to teach Milano and Edmunds how to be next-level.
  • Draft a DT in the 1st if we don't trade down and DK Metcalf is gone.
  • Draft Hockenson/Fant or Lindstrom if we trade back into the teens.
  • Draft Dalton Risner if we trade back into the 20s
  • Draft a WR in Rd 2 - N'Keal Harry if he's around please. We need to walk out of the draft with at least 2 solid WR prospects.
  • Draft one of Hunter Renfrow/Deebo Samuel/Hakeem Butler somehow
  • Draft a RB somewhere in our 4 picks in rds 4 and 5
  • Draft a developmental LB somewhere - every prospect I know is either a mike or a will, so suggestions would be appreciated
  • Draft a punter (ours are terrible)

Because you asked. I would bet Drue tranquill from ND ends up on our roster. Like Milano he's a converted safety. Tested welll at the combine. And is a fifth year senior. Extremely processy.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, phillyguy1 said:

Because you asked. I would bet Drue tranquill from ND ends up on our roster. Like Milano he's a converted safety. Tested welll at the combine. And is a fifth year senior. Extremely processy.

Thanks. I actually almost put him solo as a spot on my list because i like him so much but I thought he ran a 4.77 as opposed to the 4.57 he ran. Love this kid!

Good thread, majBob, despite what the 1st knowitalls claim. We can afford all your top choices and should be looking to do so. I’m a bit torn right now. We must land a plug & play starting OG, IMO, and then we could go OT with the 9 Pick. But, I really think we need to shore up the Dline with at least another starter. Great Pass rushers don’t get to FA, their teams resign them. But DT’s are available, they just have specific strengths -either run stuffing OR inside rush. Not both. The Draft seems to imply great DL will be available when we pick, so that would push OT to a later round. I’m not a fan of Williams and the tape doesn’t lie. He’s just Mills in another body (imo) and we already know this devil.

So, DL or OT @ 9 and sign the other guy now is what I hope the FO is pondering. I’m sure we need both immediately and it’ll negatively impact next season if they’re not addressed.

34 minutes ago, ndirish1978 said:

Thanks. I actually almost put him solo as a spot on my list because i like him so much but I thought he ran a 4.77 as opposed to the 4.57 he ran. Love this kid!

Yeah. He and Risner are probably the most McDermotty guys in the draft. And throw in Rock Ya-Sin. He was a wrestler.

Free Agency

Darryl Williams .. 1st or 2nd best FA tackle but coming off an injury....also is an ex Panther...feel he will be a Bill

Demaryius Thomas...big experienced WR target for Josh Allen...somewhat injury prone but would help the younger WRs

Chris Conley....under the radar...size speed strength...just needs the opportunity ...brought to my attention by Epps...like the idea

Nadamukong Suh ... 2 yr deal on a reasonable contract...if not....look elsewhere

D Williams will probably be on the expensive side...but Thomas, Conley and Suh, I think would be reasonably priced and wouldn't break the bank.  Let someone else pay Tyrell Williams #1 WR money...just my opinion

Other players of interest

Roger Saffold

Cole Beasley

LB or DE

35 minutes ago, Magnum Force said:

Free Agency

Darryl Williams .. 1st or 2nd best FA tackle but coming off an injury....also is an ex Panther...feel he will be a Bill

Demaryius Thomas...big experienced WR target for Josh Allen...somewhat injury prone but would help the younger WRs

Chris Conley....under the radar...size speed strength...just needs the opportunity ...brought to my attention by Epps...like the idea

Nadamukong Suh ... 2 yr deal on a reasonable contract...if not....look elsewhere

D Williams will probably be on the expensive side...but Thomas, Conley and Suh, I think would be reasonably priced and wouldn't break the bank.  Let someone else pay Tyrell Williams #1 WR money...just my opinion

Other players of interest

Roger Saffold

Cole Beasley

LB or DE

Interesting. Doable but cap would be interesting. Based off numbers I gave I think they would have to back load some. Who would you give the longer contract to?  I think the WR are the best bet but still might be hard to get both 

7 minutes ago, 1ZAYDAY1 said:

Sign Shaquil Barrett OLB from Denver. Plays the same role as Lorax. 

Get RT Daryl Williams 

Get DE/Edge Justin Houston 

I am a Shaq Barrett fan.  Can't see Houston coming here though. 

11 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

With Gore ? Kraft, Morse and Johnson on board. 

What I would love to see happen come actual Free Agency. 

Sign Saffold

Sign Williams (RT)

Trade 4th for Nelson Agholor

Sign Ansah

maybe another TE like Gresham. 

I’d like to see Williams(RT), Williams(WR), and I’d rather they got tevin Coleman then gore. Also Cook instead of a an unproven TE. And Lang or Saffold makes this line a top tier unit. With Spencer long as a versatile back up