Netanyahu Recommended For Indictment

Tiberius

JERUSALEM —Israel’s attorney general recommended Thursday that Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu be indicted for fraud, bribery and breach of trust, according to a letter to the Israeli leader’s lawyers, casting uncertainty over his political future just weeks before he faces reelection.

Netanyahu has strongly denied the allegations against him and will have the opportunity to present his defense at a hearing before any final decision by Attorney General Avichai Mandelblit to issue an indictment. But the recommendation indicates that Israel’s top legal authority believes there is enough evidence to proceed with a trial.  

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/netanyahu-should-be-indicted-on-charges-of-fraud-bribery-and-breach-of-trust-israels-attorney-general-recommends/2019/02/28/7f971e7c-3524-11e9-8375-e3dcf6b68558_story.html?utm_term=.851e9ff2e925

11 minutes ago, The_Dude said:

I’m sure you’re pro-Palestinian all the way, eh Tibs?

I'm wondering if you think all Israelis are alike? As with any country/people, there are conservatives, liberals, and extremes on both ends.  As I mentioned in the other thread, Israel has its far-right who have been likened to the KKK. I for one hope Bibi goes down and more moderates come back to power.  However, the extreme right is rising...

https://www.thenation.com/article/israeli-extremists-us-tax-dollars/

6 minutes ago, TPS said:

I'm wondering if you think all Israelis are alike? As with any country/people, there are conservatives, liberals, and extremes on both ends.  As I mentioned in the other thread, Israel has its far-right who have been likened to the KKK. I for one hope Bibi goes down and more moderates come back to power.  However, the extreme right is rising...

yes, it'd be awesome if neo-quislings came back into power and kowtowed to the arabs.

that'd be awesome.

:rolleyes:

7 minutes ago, TPS said:

Yes, I think all Jewery is controlled by a hive mentality. 

Jk

45 minutes ago, TPS said:

Yes, those moderates and liberals have done so much to keep Israel safe in the past.

“Do you think the fact that it’s six weeks before the election had anything to do with the timing of the announcement?”

giphy.gif

Election bombshell: Israeli Attorney General plans to indict Benjamin Netanyahu, but process may take another year

11 hours ago, B-Man said:

“Do you think the fact that it’s six weeks before the election had anything to do with the timing of the announcement?”

giphy.gif

Election bombshell: Israeli Attorney General plans to indict Benjamin Netanyahu, but process may take another year

Hate to burst your bubble but bibi and his wife have been under investigation for nearly 2 years. He’s a terrible PM and I’m no leftist.

1 hour ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Well except for that whole rampant peace and prosperity thing.

Ha! I love it. This is EXACTLY what I’ve been saying for the last two years. What in the world do people want? If people are complaining now I can’t wait to see how they feel when the next recession and wars break out! Sheeesh people.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, meazza said:

What a superficial way of looking at a situation. 

Oh really?

I think efficacy of leadership is its most important quality. No one in their right mind can say Netanyahu hasn't been effective as a leader. Take a look at Israel's diplomatic standing in the middle east today versus what it was two decades ago.

Not enough for you? Well, how about the number of bus bombings since he took over? Economic prosperity? Anything? What POSSIBLE leg do you have to stand on?

:lol:

Oh really?

I think efficacy of leadership is its most important quality. No one in their right mind can say Netanyahu hasn't been effective as a leader. Take a look at Israel's diplomatic standing in the middle east today versus what it was two decades ago.

Not enough for you? Well, how about the number of bus bombings since he took over? Economic prosperity? Anything? What POSSIBLE leg do you have to stand on?

:lol:

How many Israelis do you actually know?

7 minutes ago, meazza said:

How many Israelis do you actually know?

What does that matter vis a vis his effectiveness as a leader?

Nothing, so again, expound in all your wisdom as to why Israel would be so better off with a leader like the last liberal PM they had

What does that matter vis a vis his effectiveness as a leader?

Nothing, so again, expound in all your wisdom as to why Israel would be so better off with a leader like the last liberal PM they had

Again does my opinion of bibi mean that I necessarily support a more left leaning politician especially in a country in which you could be moderate and have to align with other parties to actually get something done.

I don’t like him as a leader and personally don’t think he is good for the long term benefit of Israel. Many Israelis i know who live in Tel Aviv agree with me.

• 4 months later...