Brandon Beane from the Combine

YoloinOhio

1 hour ago, N.Y. Orangeman said:

Who do you like on the OL/DL/WR for our system, 716?

Big Fan of Cody Ford RT out of Oklahoma... even if he stays on the right side , he is a difference maker... a Lane Johnson type

at Dline I am a big fan of Quinnen Williams out of Alabama.. he is an absolute monster and would be our replacement at 3 tech for Kyle for a decade 

also Christian Wilkins out of Clemson would absolutely be a monster in the middle of our defense 

these would be round 1 guys I would be looking at

Edited by Buffalo716
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Aussie Joe said:

Yeah... He probably isn’t going to get as much as he might think...

I’m sure Beane’s offer was low ball but there are plenty of other options in the draft/FA even trade..

I like the idea of offering him a one year deal.. I would like to keep him but think he is one of those guys you want to keep motivated..

I think this is why Bills haven't re-signed him yet.  Phillips wants to be a starter and get starter money.  Beane is letting him test the water and I believe Beane is counting on the market being soft for Phillips and then they can work out a deal. 

• Like (+1) 1

Why do you guys even care about this *****, honestly?

Think about it like this--let's say you were sitting down to play a game of poker with your friends. And you were all sitting down an hour before you play.

And your wives are there.

And somones wife says, hey, Mike, what are you going to do on the first hand.

If you said "well, I want to establish the pace early and let people know that I'm more of a bluffer than anything else, so I plan on putting money into the middle regardless of what I get dealt. I'll try to take a few pots early like that, and then settle in and watch what everyone else does. I'll wait til the first 2-3 guys are eliminated before I start bluffing on pots again, but in the interim, I'll only bet big if I'm holding decent cards."

OK, great mike, follow up question: any tells you're willing to let us in on?

"Thanks sue, yeah--you might notice I bite my right cheek when I'm holding face cards, because one thing I've noticed about myself is, I tend to be suckered in to betting higher on those, even though statistically, the yield isn't much higher. So if you see that, I'm likely holding Js Qs or Ks. But I only throw money after the Ks, so that's when you know I'm actually working with something."

That sounds crazy right?

Right?

Right?

Do you see why reading into Beane's comments isn't just useless, it's an exercise in psychosis, because you need to start building assumptions on which statements are lies and which are half truths?

I know that "it's the offseason, just let us have our fun", but no. I won't. 

I don't mean to piss in your coffee, but hold your mug steady because I just woke up and I have a bit of a split stream--and I'm going to piss in your coffee. This thread is ***** USELESS.

15 hours ago, Kelly the Dog said:

So, to sum it up, we will look at all positions at FA, trades, in the draft and already on our roster, there are good and bad players at all positions in FA, trades, the draft and already on our roster, all positions can be found in the draft, trade, FA and already on our roster, you just have to be smart about who you choose in the draft, FA, trades or already on our roster, and we like guys in the past, present, and future, in the draft, trades, FA or on our roster. Got it.

I cant figure out what but it seems you are missing something.....

15 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

I think the Bills will take a Dline or Oline round 1

WR/Dline/ Oline round 2 ( whatever didn’t take rd1)

TE round 3

we grab a RB in the 4th

This would not surprise me at all

16 hours ago, The Firebaugh Kid said:

He cheesed pretty hard when asked about DK Metcalf. Wouldnt say much or compare him to anyone. I think hes their target...just a hunch. 

I'd imagine he knows the one thing severely lacking in Carolina since Steve Smith's departure was a #1 guy for Cam to lean on.

I fully expect D.K. to be a Buffalo Bill.

• Like (+1) 1

20 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

Need to get younger and better at the RB position.

Wouldn't mind seeing them use a 3rd to 5th round pick on a highly touted RB.

Absolutely. I expect Shady to be here 2 more years , get a couple young guys he can mentor on longevity at the position. I'd like to see him in a 1A 1B type of situation on the depth chart. I

Jordan Howard is the first RB that is apparently available that I'd love to have for the right price.