Impeachment Hearings Open In House Of Representatives

Tiberius

15 minutes ago, B-Man said:

And, of course, sections of her testimony leaked to the NYTs (likely through Schiff) so the testimony could be framed in a way that fits the narrative. 

Liberals used to stand for due process... 

Liberals used to be wary of the CIA and USIC in general and its ability to overreach from the shadows... 

Liberals used to be against perma-war... 

Liberals used to be ... well, liberals. 

Now they're prog-fascists who have abandoned their guiding principles (if they have possessed them) in favor of emotion and rage over logic and reason. 

This gambit isn't going to work the way the establishments wants it to. But it sure will be fun to watch the disappointment once again among their faithful who were promised, again, that "THIS TIME WE REALLY GOT HIM!"

• Like (+1) 4

1 minute ago, Deranged Rhino said:

It's kind of amazing, isn't it? 

Yet they're claiming to be trying to protect the constitution and the republic. :rolleyes: 

I think I'm more offended by the idea of "It's secret because it's analogous to a grand jury."  ***** seriously?  Impeachment by metaphor?  What, we're just making ***** up as we go along?

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, DC Tom said:

I think I'm more offended by the idea of "It's secret because it's analogous to a grand jury."  ***** seriously?  Impeachment by metaphor?  What, we're just making ***** up as we go along?

I know you don't buy into it, but I'm telling you this is all because they're terrified of what's coming from Barr/Durham. Terrified. This is all theater to shield themselves with "it's just political persecution/retaliation" while giving their (likely) candidate in the general some TDS cover. The give away is their projection. They're OUTRAGED about a president asking a foreign government for help getting "dirt" on a political opponent... which, we both know, is precisely what HRC and 44 did in the 2016 election and is exactly what Barr/Durham/Horowitz have been digging into. 

We can disagree on whether or not there will be any charges coming, but you don't need to charge the left in order to sink their re-election chances. It's clear to me, and has been for over a month now, that the left's leadership is operating from a position of fear and weakness, not strength or confidence. 

Otherwise, they'd be more transparent. 

• Haha (+1) 1

I know you don't buy into it, but I'm telling you this is all because they're terrified of what's coming from Barr/Durham. Terrified. This is all theater to shield themselves with "it's just political persecution/retaliation" while giving their (likely) candidate in the general some TDS cover. The give away is their projection. They're OUTRAGED about a president asking a foreign government for help getting "dirt" on a political opponent... which, we both know, is precisely what HRC and 44 did in the 2016 election and is exactly what Barr/Durham/Horowitz have been digging into. 

We can disagree on whether or not there will be any charges coming, but you don't need to charge the left in order to sink their re-election chances. It's clear to me, and has been for over a month now, that the left's leadership is operating from a position of fear and weakness, not strength or confidence. 

Except the left's leadership always operates from a position of fear and weakness.  It's their bread and butter - convincing their constituency they're weak, and thus should be afraid.  They even do it when they have power (when's the last time Democrats didn't play the victim card?  1976?)

That's the real reason for my doubt of your interpretation of their actions: this is typical whiny-ass Democratic behavior.  It's not exceptional.  They always act like toddlers who can't understand why they keep losing at tic-tac-toe.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

Except the left's leadership always operates from a position of fear and weakness.  It's their bread and butter - convincing their constituency they're weak, and thus should be afraid.  They even do it when they have power (when's the last time Democrats didn't play the victim card?  1976?)

That's the real reason for my doubt of your interpretation of their actions: this is typical whiny-ass Democratic behavior.  It's not exceptional.  They always act like toddlers who can't understand why they keep losing at tic-tac-toe.

:lol: well I don't disagree there :beer: 

we are in a revolution. of that there can be no denying. the question remains as to who is going to win it.

with the levels of criminal corruption that are being exposed, if there are not criminal consequences, we are done for as a country based upon the rule of law. if they get away with a general hand slap, they will be even more emboldened to greater degrees of depravity.

however, there is a really good chance that it becomes a shooting revolution with the way the propaganda media has deluded a good percentage of the population. if we get through the election cycle with no extreme acts of violence against Trump supporters at one of his rallies, i will be surprised. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Just now, Foxx said:

we are in a revolution. of that there can be no denying. the question remains as to who is going to win it.

with the levels of criminal corruption that are being exposed, if there are not criminal consequences, we are done for as a country based upon the rule of law. if they get away with a general hand slap, they will be even more emboldened to greater degrees of depravity.

however, there is a really good chance that it becomes a shooting revolution with the way the propaganda media has deluded a good percentage of the population. if we get through the election cycle with no extreme acts of violence against Trump supporters at one of his rallies, i will be surprised. 

:beer: Well said. 

The only thing said on the debate stage last night which I agreed fully with was Yang's statement that, should Trump lose in 2020, the country will be even more polarized and dangerous than it is at present. Same if (when) Trump wins. 

The only thing that will bring an end to that threat is a restoration of faith in our institutions and equal justice. That requires real indictments and convictions with unassailable evidence to make their cases stick. While I believe (and have seen at least some) the DOJ has this evidence already and are working towards that end, the reality is that bringing those cases in the first place will exacerbate the danger. 

In other words, it's going to get rockier before it gets better imo. While there's still a few escape hatches available that would allow us to avoid the violence, the longer Trump and company drag their feet on making those cases against the coup plotters, the less likely that becomes imo. 

If we're still waiting come January -- then we're in for a much bigger kerfuffle than they originally were planning on. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Deranged Rhino said:

:beer: Well said. 

The only thing said on the debate stage last night which I agreed fully with was Yang's statement that, should Trump lose in 2020, the country will be even more polarized and dangerous than it is at present. Same if (when) Trump wins. 

The only thing that will bring an end to that threat is a restoration of faith in our institutions and equal justice. That requires real indictments and convictions with unassailable evidence to make their cases stick. While I believe (and have seen at least some) the DOJ has this evidence already and are working towards that end, the reality is that bringing those cases in the first place will exacerbate the danger. 

In other words, it's going to get rockier before it gets better imo. While there's still a few escape hatches available that would allow us to avoid the violence, the longer Trump and company drag their feet on making those cases against the coup plotters, the less likely that becomes imo. 

If we're still waiting come January -- then we're in for a much bigger kerfuffle than they originally were planning on. 

Fīat jūstitia ruat cælum

• Like (+1) 1

Rep. Elijah Cummings dies at age 68

The Democratic congressman has represented Maryland's 7th Congressional District since 1996 and served as the chairman of the House Oversight and Reform Committee, which is one of the committees involved in the impeachment inquiry of President Donald Trump.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/10/17/politics/elijah-cummings/index.html?adkey=bn

Edited by ALF
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Rep. Schiff (D-CA) Tried To Get Kurt Volker To Lie About Trump/Ukraine.

WITNESS INTIMIDATION? Schiff pressed Volker to say Ukraine felt pressure from Trump.

In a secret interview, Rep. Adam Schiff, leader of the House Democratic effort to impeach President Trump, pressed former U.S. special representative to Ukraine Kurt Volker to testify that Ukrainian officials felt pressured to investigate former Vice President Joe Biden’s son Hunter as a result of Trump withholding U.S. military aid to Ukraine.

Volker denied that was the case, noting that Ukrainian leaders did not even know the aid was being withheld, and that they believed their relationship with the United States was moving along satisfactorily, without them having done anything Trump mentioned in his notorious July 25 phone conversation with Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky.

When Volker repeatedly declined to agree to Schiff’s characterization of events, Schiff said, “Ambassador, you’re making this much more complicated than it has to be.”

Pathetic.

3dk53p-1200x630.jpg

Edited by B-Man
  • Like (+1) 3