Daboll encouraged by Allen’s progress

Chandler#81

1 hour ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

So we all agree then that there are no excuses for Josh Allen next year? 

We're not going to use the "he's young" excuse next year right? 

Allen has continuity with the OC, and the OC is saying he is everything they thought he'd be. 

So we can expect real results now right?

giphy.gif?cid=19f5b51a5c701f86466e663767

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

So we all agree then that there are no excuses for Josh Allen next year? 

We're not going to use the "he's young" excuse next year right? 

Allen has continuity with the OC, and the OC is saying he is everything they thought he'd be. 

So we can expect real results now right?

The only sure   thing that we can all expect next season is the same garbage coming out of your mouth 

• Like (+1) 3

22 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

Were we expecting Daboll to say it's not looking good and he doesn't expect much improvement in the upcoming season?

:lol:

Exactly, just a fluff piece.  Now if he had said "Daboll discouraged by Allen’s progress" ...  then we would have something to talk about :)

On 2/21/2019 at 10:49 AM, Chandler#81 said:

https://www.buffalobills.com/news/bills-today-why-oc-brian-daboll-is-encouraged-for-josh-allen-in-his-2nd-season

This can’t be right. I read here that Josh wasn’t allowed to audible..?

I did note Allen audible out of one play last year where he faked the handoff and reversed field on a naked bootleg....right into a defender and lost a few on the play.

Not sure what he thought he saw, but it did crack me up. I am also sure he did a few that were more successful.

He definitely had more confidence and poise as the season progressed. Almost as if he was starting to grasp the playbook and read defenses better.

On 2/22/2019 at 11:52 AM, CodeMonkey said:

Exactly, just a fluff piece.  Now if he had said "Daboll discouraged by Allen’s progress" ...  then we would have something to talk about :)

That is true. If he wants to continue in his job, he better not say he is "discouraged". That said, I was "encourage" by the quote by what it did not say - there was no mention of the rocket arm or the running ability as the reason for Daboll being "encouraged". I liked that.

On 2/23/2019 at 9:13 PM, HappyDays said:

Just once I want to see the headline "Coach says QB is not making any progress and fans should be worried".

Didnt he or Beane say that or something close about Shaq Lawson though?

Edited by IgotBILLStopay