Hate Crime or Hoax?

The_Dude

13 minutes ago, Koko78 said:

I'm not sure why this would be surprising. Even first year law students know that the first thing you do in a lawsuit is move to dismiss. WaPo isn't going to hire idiots to represent them.

And why not? They hire idiots to write for them? ?

• Like (+1) 1

• Replies 946
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 4/5/2019 at 3:19 PM, Doc said:

He should have to pay.  And frankly I'm surprised it only cost $130K.

I don't believe a word I hear from any public office or figure that comes from Chicago. That city is past the point of no return. 

Still not sure how I feel about this... 

Jussie Smollett update: City sues 'Empire' actor for cost of investigating alleged staged attack

</snip>

The city of Chicago has filed a lawsuit against actor Jussie Smollett for the cost of the overtime Chicago police spent investigating an attack they say Smollett staged. 

The City of Chicago's Law Department filed the suit after Smollett failed to meet a city-demanded deadline to pay more than $130,000 into that allegedly staged attack. 

</snip>

• Thank you (+1) 1

53 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

Still not sure how I feel about this... 

Jussie Smollett update: City sues 'Empire' actor for cost of investigating alleged staged attack

</snip>

The city of Chicago has filed a lawsuit against actor Jussie Smollett for the cost of the overtime Chicago police spent investigating an attack they say Smollett staged. 

The City of Chicago's Law Department filed the suit after Smollett failed to meet a city-demanded deadline to pay more than $130,000 into that allegedly staged attack. 

</snip>

Chicago's going to spend more suing him to not receive the money than they would receive if he ever paid them.

Couldn't happen to a more deserving city.

2 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

Chicago's going to spend more suing him to not receive the money than they would receive if he ever paid them.

The civil suit is all to get back at Kim Foxx and get the prior proceedings unsealed. I expect it will then show her in a less than favorable light. Paybacks for her decisions that pissed off the police.

1 hour ago, DC Tom said:

Nah, the new mayor will have the law department quietly bury the suit.

1 hour ago, Koko78 said:

Nah, the new mayor will have the law department quietly bury the suit.

but Jussie wants full vindication from the remotest speck of doubt

and his main residence is very close to where the incident occurred

This whole thing is so ***** up that it's to the point that you have to wonder if anything makes sense anymore . I think we all can pretty well conclude that this thing was a staged act and not a hate crime in any way. But somehow after all the lies and cover ups this guy is pretty much carrying on a normal life and this gets swept under the rug after trying to exploit a political agenda.  The scales of justice are broken .  

Here's another awesome story .. the msm reported the jussie smollet maga 

incident as "was attacked", here's exactly how it works in the media..

ABC news reports :

5-year-old allegedly thrown off balcony at Mall of America being treated for life-threatening injuries: Police

The story goes on to say:

"This is just under a 40-foot fall," Potts told reporters. He noted that there were many eyewitnesses and video of the incident.

So the 5 year old was white, and the 'alleged' perp was somali...

I shudder to think how this would have gone if the races in this 'alleged ' crime were reversed.

Just now, Albwan said:

ABC news reports :

5-year-old allegedly thrown off balcony at Mall of America being treated for life-threatening injuries: Police

"This is just under a 40-foot fall," Potts told reporters. He noted that there were many eyewitnesses and video of the incident.

I shudder to think how this would have gone if the races in this 'alleged ' crime were reversed.

Alleged balcony.

22 minutes ago, Albwan said:

ABC news reports :

Interesting read a while ago about how Minnesota is a hotbed for recruiting Somali terrrorists.

Weird how they elected a woman to Congress who called 9/11 "something that someone did."

Eh. Maybe I'm just imagining things.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, LABillzFan said:

Interesting read a while ago about how Minnesota is a hotbed for recruiting Somali terrrorists.

Weird how they elected a woman to Congress who called 9/11 "something that someone did."

Eh. Maybe I'm just imagining things.

Old news.  I remember reading about that about ten years ago.  If I don't complain about Omar much, it's because she's representing the constituency that elected her.

What's interesting, though, is that as a Somali immigrant elected by a community that sees significant recruitment for Somali terrorists, you can almost certainly tie her campaign to terrorism.

3 minutes ago, Albwan said:

Uh oh 'I'm better than everyone else' is here.

lol, ok i get a F at interwebs spelling, you win. 

What?   I made a joke that it was the balcony that was alleged, not the "throwing off of," and you get all pissy because you're too moronic to get it and think I'm correcting your spelling?  :lol:

3 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

"So...I'm recused, but..."

Just like "No offense, but..." or "I'm sorry, but...," that "but" is the most profound word in the English language, meaning "everthing that follows completely contradicts everything preceding it."

• Like (+1) 2

26 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

"So...I'm recused, but..."

Just like "No offense, but..." or "I'm sorry, but...," that "but" is the most profound word in the English language, meaning "everthing that follows completely contradicts everything preceding it."

with all due respect...

when a liberal talks i ignore the preamble and start listening only after they pause and say "but" or "however", then they say what they mean

• Like (+1) 1