Antonio Brown officially requests trade; expected to be moved by 3/8

YoloinOhio

48 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

3 teams have reportedly called about AB.  Wonder who they are

The way I see it going out and getting arguably the best WR in the game speaks volumes when it comes to how much the Buffalo Bills believe in their young signal caller. How much McD believes in his D.

Myself personally, I think this is where we are right now Alpha, with Mcbeane hot on the trail of #1 Mr AB.

The best WR in the game...

Edited by Figster
  • Like (+1) 2

27 minutes ago, Figster said:

The way I see it going out and getting arguably the best WR in the game speaks volumes when it comes to how much the Buffalo Bills believe in their young signal caller. How much McD believes in his D.

Myself personally, I think this is where we are right now Alpha, with Mcbeane hot on the trail of #1 Mr AB.

The best WR in the game...

Funny, a week ago I was starting to sour on the idea because AB just couldn’t stop self destructing in social media.  

Now a week later after its died down, I’m back to wanting him again HA.

I can’t help but wonder if Bills are one of the 3 that called.

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Funny, a week ago I was starting to sour on the idea because AB just couldn’t stop self destructing in social media.  

Now a week later after its died down, I’m back to wanting him again HA.

I can’t help but wonder if Bills are one of the 3 that called.

Hopefully the self destruction helped keep any team with an interest from going overboard in an attempt to land AB.

Odds are Buffalo is one of the 3, ( IMO) but the deal has to be right for Beane to make it. 

My two cents fwiw - McDermott and Tomlin are tight. They go back to William & Mary days. I don’t think we know the whole story of the Steelers locker room/Ben/AB situation. I do think the team and the players spin it how they want to be perceived. But the team knows they need to trade him and they know they need a decent return. I think mcdermott will get the truth from Tomlin on the whole story and decide from there whether to make an offer. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

My two cents fwiw - McDermott and Tomlin are tight. They go back to William & Mary days. I don’t think we know the whole story of the Steelers locker room/Ben/AB situation. I do think the team and the players spin it how they want to be perceived. But the team knows they need to trade him and they know they need a decent return. I think mcdermott will get the truth from Tomlin on the whole story and decide from there whether to make an offer. 

Good relations between Tomlin and McD is a plus IMO. AB's on field production speaks for itself. Both AFC teams stand to gain by making it is hard as possible for the Pats to continue its domination over the AFC. Putting AB in Buffalo with JA and McD's D makes sense in my humble opinion.

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Don't you think the AB and Poyer's wife ordeal will factor into this decision?  I'm not sure McDermott will want to bring that into the locker room, no matter how good AB is and assuming there is more to the AB/Ben story than what the public knows.  I also don't see McDermott wanting to break up the Poyer/Hyde/Tre trio by trading Poyer as I've seen mentioned somewhere around here.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Happy Gilmore said:

Don't you think the AB and Poyer's wife ordeal will factor into this decision?  I'm not sure McDermott will want to bring that into the locker room, no matter how good AB is and assuming there is more to the AB/Ben story than what the public knows.  I also don't see McDermott wanting to break up the Poyer/Hyde/Tre trio by trading Poyer as I've seen mentioned somewhere around here.

Ive considered that, and I don’t think it would be a  deciding factor. Poyer has been no angel when it comes to that stuff either, and AB is the bigger talent in this equation. They should not need to trade him.  I don’t even know if Poyer and his wife will even be together by the time the team reconvenes. They’ve been  a train wreck. The team can’t worry about that stuff to the point that it rules their personnel decisions. 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Ive considered that, and I don’t think it would be a  deciding factor. Poyer has been no angel when it comes to that stuff either, and AB is the bigger talent in this equation. They should not need to trade him.  I don’t even know if Poyer and his wife will even be together by the time the team reconvenes. They’ve been  a train wreck. The team can’t worry about that stuff to the point that it rules their personnel decisions. 

I wasn't aware they were still having problems, I was under the impression they got things sorted out.  As the Poyers' World Turns.

27 minutes ago, Happy Gilmore said:

Curious, is this Poyer - His Wife - Brown triangle been proven true?  Or is this just internet gossip/rumor?

All I kind find is that sole source of this is one random person on Twitter tweeting this accusation.  Literally every single mention of it after is just repeating this one tweet.  

Has anyone been able to find anything credible to it?  I mean this was never really talked about outside a handful of people on internet repeating the one tweet.  

Edited by Alphadawg7

2 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Curious, is this Poyer - His Wife - Brown triangle been proven true?  Or is this just internet gossip/rumor?

As far as I know it's true.  Supposedly she cheated on him with AB before they got married.  Several other posters made reference to this, I think Kirby being one of them.

2 minutes ago, Happy Gilmore said:

As far as I know it's true.  Supposedly she cheated on him with AB before they got married.  Several other posters made reference to this, I think Kirby being one of them.

But thats just it.  This stems from a single random tweet by a nobody.  Thats it.  Every other mention are people repeating the same single tweet.  There is no other source, no follow up, no spill over, no public dispute, no media coverage, nothing.  Just one single tweet that people here and on the internet repeat.  

Can anyone find anything outside a source thats just quoting this single tweet from a nobody?

Edited by Alphadawg7

1 minute ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Can anyone find anything outside a source thats just quoting this single tweet from a nobody?

As far as a public announcement of the event, I don't know of any, but I also don't follow this stuff closely.  I just know that several posters made mention of this last off-season before that start of camp.  Supposedly Poyer then cheated on her with the girl from UB which prompted Rachel Bush to air her grievances and threaten the UB student.  There was a thread on all of this last June/July timeframe.

24 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

The story is that AB slept with Rachel Bush right before Poyer married her.  I can't see how you could have Poyer and Brown in the same locker room after that, even if Poyer cheated too.  Those kinds of things don't mix.

27 minutes ago, PIZ said:

The story is that AB slept with Rachel Bush right before Poyer married her.  I can't see how you could have Poyer and Brown in the same locker room after that, even if Poyer cheated too.  Those kinds of things don't mix.

One person on twitter asked "What happened".  Someone replied saying she slept with AB and he cheated with someone else.  But other than that one tweet, there is not a single other mention of AB ever by anyone involved.  No story, no rant, no comments, nothing from anyone.  And these girls were going at it hard in social media, yet never did anyone connected to the story mention Antonio Brown, just this one reply in some Tweet chain.  

Now, that tweet keeps getting repeated here and on the internet, but I cant find a single thing that actually suggests this really happened.  I mean its the equivalent of me commenting on there and saying Rachel also slept with me just after the wedding.  Which she did, in my mind.  

So, the fact nothing has actually come out suggesting this was accurate, I am finding it hard to believe it actually happened.  Especially when his wife and his mistress were going at it hard in social media the whole time.  

Thats why I am asking, can anyone find anything other than some random dudes comment on some random tweet chain that even remotely suggests this happened?  So until then, I will remain skeptical this event ever even happened.

Edited by Alphadawg7