JUDGE BLOCKS TRUMP FROM ADDING CITIZENSHIP QUESTION TO 2020 CENSUS

42 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

The last census we had to be interviewed. They had a very long form and asked tons of questions to the point where it was very intrusive. If they knocked for the same thing this time, I'd say I was heading out the door for a flight and would not be back for six months (last time I avoided them twice, but the third time was a "charm").

if people were at home when i handed it out, they got the short form

the long was certainly given when people were not at home

Just now, row_33 said:

if people were at home when i handed it out, they got the short form

the long was certainly given when people were not at home

It was a special interview set up with a census taker, not a dropped off form. They left notes on the door to schedule an appointment (which I ignored ? ). She finally caught up to me one day, and I wasn't quick enough to think of an excuse.  I shoulda never answered the damned door. I wonder if she'd have given up after a third note? I have no idea how many times she actually tried to contact us before the notes started. It could have been a note left on each try, or after 10 tries... I never thought to ask. We never answered the home phone, and now we no longer have a landline, so this time (if there is a "this time") I will be more stealth!

49 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

It was a special interview set up with a census taker, not a dropped off form. They left notes on the door to schedule an appointment (which I ignored ? ). She finally caught up to me one day, and I wasn't quick enough to think of an excuse.  I shoulda never answered the damned door. I wonder if she'd have given up after a third note? I have no idea how many times she actually tried to contact us before the notes started. It could have been a note left on each try, or after 10 tries... I never thought to ask. We never answered the home phone, and now we no longer have a landline, so this time (if there is a "this time") I will be more stealth!

On the last census the only answer we gave was the number of people in the house, a woman from our church was a census worker that year and she kept calling trying to get answers to the rest of the questions, I flat out told her I would not answer, she finally gave up.

1 hour ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

the reality of the census....

thanks!

17 minutes ago, Gary M said:

On the last census the only answer we gave was the number of people in the house, a woman from our church was a census worker that year and she kept calling trying to get answers to the rest of the questions, I flat out told her I would not answer, she finally gave up.

short or long form?

15 minutes ago, Boca BIlls said:

Are you sure b.c I am stuck in traffic every day...

But in reality the world is overpopulated. 

every person on earth could live comfortably into the area of the state of Texas

1 hour ago, B-Man said:

The discussion  shouldn’t be why the citizenship question , but WHY WAS IT TAKEN OFF BACK IN 2010 ???

No, the real question should be, "Why did the WH make up a lie this lie about it being on the census prior to 2010"? 

https://www.npr.org/2018/03/27/597436512/fact-check-has-citizenship-been-a-standard-census-question

Dont post fake news please! 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, row_33 said:

did it take 180 seconds or 3 hours (plus follow-up) ?

My wife actually filed it out, but we only answered one question, how many people live at this address