2021 Season Prediction: The press will be referring to Trevor Lawrence as a "poor man's Josh Allen"

13 hours ago, TigerJ said:

Josh Allen's ceiling is not known,. but it could be extremely high.  Think Aaron Rodgers.   On the other hand, while it's early, (by a couple years) it would not be shocking to see Trevor Lawrence become the top overall pick in the 2021 draft.  It that's the case, he's not going to be known as "poor man's" anything.

im thinking John Elway.

12 hours ago, transient said:

...not that there's anything wrong with that.  What do you think gives it away?  It's the hair, isn't it?

hate that hair, comes off as trans instead of Viking.

14 hours ago, TigerJ said:

Josh Allen's ceiling is not known,. but it could be extremely high.  Think Aaron Rodgers.   On the other hand, while it's early, (by a couple years) it would not be shocking to see Trevor Lawrence become the top overall pick in the 2021 draft.  It that's the case, he's not going to be known as "poor man's" anything.

Rodgers came out of college with better footwork and ability to dosect defenses. Allen would have to catch up to college level Rodgers before ever trying to match current level.

5 hours ago, ny33 said:

A 31-year-old Andrew Luck will not be "aging."

Patrick Mahomes is a pretender too. Lot of bold predictions there. 

4 hours ago, Trogdor said:

Rodgers came out of college with better footwork and ability to dosect defenses. Allen would have to catch up to college level Rodgers before ever trying to match current level.

Patrick Mahomes is a pretender too. Lot of bold predictions there. 

I did not predict that Josh Allen will be like Aaron Rodgers.  I was essentially saying his ceiling is unknown because as a raw QB, it's very early in the game for Josh Allen.  He has a potentially very high ceiling because he has ideal physical traits, is very smart and just starting to learn how to make those reads that Rodgers is so good at, and he wants to be great, and is willing to work for it.  The operative word, however, is "potential."

1 hour ago, TigerJ said:

I did not predict that Josh Allen will be like Aaron Rodgers.  I was essentially saying his ceiling is unknown because as a raw QB, it's very early in the game for Josh Allen.  He has a potentially very high ceiling because he has ideal physical traits, is very smart and just starting to learn how to make those reads that Rodgers is so good at, and he wants to be great, and is willing to work for it.  The operative word, however, is "potential."

Rodgers wasn't really a project QB though, so I think the comparison is off. He was more of a guy that people worried about effort. His floor was much higher than Allen's.

On 1/8/2019 at 2:31 PM, PlayoffsPlease said:

By 2021,  I fully expect Josh Allen to have locked down the spot as the  premier AFC QB, surpassing a by then aging Andrew Luck and pretenders to the throne like Baker Mayfield and Deshaun Watson and Patrick Mahomes.  By then ESPN's new  junior host Josh Rosen will be referring to rookie Trevor Lawrence (drafted by the Jets to replace the failed turnover machine known as Sam Darnold) as a "poor man's Josh Allen"  . The Jets new 2021 head coach will quoted as saying "If Trevor can be 75% the QB Josh Allen is, we consider the pick a huge home run"

I have this sickening feeling that 2020 is the year age finally catches up with Brady and the Pats go 2-14 or something and end up with the first pick...