[Name Only Title] Dwayne Haskins...

DefenseWins

6 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

I have no idea if he will be good in the nfl. I don’t know how to professionally scout QBs.  I do know that he is unlike any other QB osu has had. And polar opposite of the ones you mentioned. 

In all honesty I thought a couple of the other OSU QB's got shafted along the way. :thumbsup:

8 minutes ago, frostbitmic said:

I meant the likes of Pryor, Miller, Smith ... Solid college QB's never given a chance to play their position.

Smith was drafted in the 5th rd and was slated to start in Baltimore until he got sick, Flacco started in his place, and rest was history. He was mobile but not a running qb. Definitely couldn’t have changed positions. His work ethic wasn’t the best either. Braxton only changed positions because his throwing shoulder was messed up and we had 2 other QBs ready to go. He is such. Good athlete he was actually able to do that, many aren’t. Pryor got his chance to play QB in the nfl but just wasn’t good enough, and also was athletic enough to make the switch to WR. But really, none of them are anything like Haskins in terms of playing style, strengths, or system. He’s a comet at tOSU. He was highly talented coming in,  but his evolution is owed in large part to Day’s coaching. 

Edited by YoloinOhio

10 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Related ...

In terms of the bowl game, I thought it was far from one of his best performances. But Washington has one of the best pass defenses in the country and had allowed only 9 passing TDs all year. Haskins had 3 last night. 

I gotta say Yolo...Trappaso is the worst...check out his mock draft from last year on January 3rd. It's not close. And remember, Mason Rudolph was his best QB in the draft. 

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/news/2018-nfl-mock-draft-jets-land-sam-darnold-after-all-49ers-pick-saquon-barkley/

Edited by MrEpsYtown

2 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

I gotta say Yolo...Trappaso is the worst...check out his mock draft from last year on January 3rd. It's not close. And remember, Mason Rudolph was his best QB in the draft. 

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/news/2018-nfl-mock-draft-jets-land-sam-darnold-after-all-49ers-pick-saquon-barkley/

He has Haskins at 25....  It’s a big board though, not mock draft. 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

I got you. I'm just saying the guy has no idea what he's doing. His takes have been ridiculously off, especially last season. 

He really likes Drew Lock this year. I watched zero Missouri football so no idea about him. 

Edited by YoloinOhio

6 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

He really likes Drew Lock this year. I watched zero Missouri football so no idea about him. 

Lock has some rawness to his game but he has a big arm. He's at least interesting. Trappaso's love of Mason Rudolph last year just made no sense to me. I just can't fathom how he had him as a better prospect than Mayfield, Darnold, Allen, Rosen, and Jackson. I mean that's just crazy. 

• Like (+1) 1

On 1/2/2019 at 3:34 PM, Rico said:

Yep, just say NO to any Ohio State QBs.

Respect your opinion but don’t really understand the viewpoint, it seems very narrow and un-informed about the transformation that has occurred in the offense this year and the stark differences between Haskins and previous QBs who were running a different offense. Once again I’m not an nfl scout and don’t know if Haskins will be a successful nfl qb. But he’s nothing like any QB osu has had in 30 years and there have been so many changes in the program recently that would impact the type of QB going into the league, not sure why you would limit how you look at the a player based on that alone. It’s not just this program, either. It’s any program. Can’t make sweeping generalizations without understanding context of the here and now. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

Respect your opinion but don’t really understand the viewpoint, it seems very narrow and un-informed about the transformation that has occurred in the offense this year and the stark differences between Haskins and previous QBs who were running a different offense. Once again I’m not an nfl scout and don’t know if Haskins will be a successful nfl qb. But he’s nothing like any QB osu has had in 30 years and there have been so many changes in the program recently that would impact the type of QB going into the league, not sure why you would limit how you look at the a player based on that alone. It’s not just this program, either. It’s any program. Can’t make sweeping generalizations without understanding context of the here and now. 

Very good and valid points, but that just doesn’t fit my narrative. :D Now, if he went to Purdue (aka QB U), things would be different.

I did think that Rex Kern’s brief stint as a safety here was underrated.

• Like (+1) 1

On 1/2/2019 at 11:17 PM, KD in CA said:

OSU for sure, but these QBs that play on teams that overmatch 90% of their opponents almost never work out.

They *should* have overmatched 90% of their opponents, but unfortunately they didn’t. Haskins carried a team with a poor running game most of the year and a historically bad defense, and elevated the play of the WR group. Without him they are a 3-4 loss team easily. There was one game where they ran the ball and played great defense and that was a weather game at Sparty, which has an abysmal offense. Just not sure the narrative works here. Again, doesn’t mean he’s a great nfl prospect because i don’t know that... only suggesting that i wouldn’t pack him inside that box that you referenced and call it a day on the analysis. 

Edited by YoloinOhio

Yolo, your previous posting prowess notwithstanding, this sequence is the proof of your pudding. The patience and civility in combination with your obvious rabidness is nothing short of exhilarating. 

This video was the most informative and riveting thing I’ve seen here lately . I simply can’t wait to see the same sort of thing with Mark Kelso sidling up to Josh17 after we win the AFCEast next year...

yes, I had to dig out my password to log in, don’t often post, but felt compelled to comment...

9 hours ago, Rhode Island Red said:

Yolo, your previous posting prowess notwithstanding, this sequence is the proof of your pudding. The patience and civility in combination with your obvious rabidness is nothing short of exhilarating. 

This video was the most informative and riveting thing I’ve seen here lately . I simply can’t wait to see the same sort of thing with Mark Kelso sidling up to Josh17 after we win the AFCEast next year...

yes, I had to dig out my password to log in, don’t often post, but felt compelled to comment...

Thanks... i think .... ? Lol. Sarcasm or not?

i bet there is a film session somewhere with Allen from the pre draft process if you want me to find one. Haha. He’s super smart, so I would also like to see it. 

Didn’t mean to apply “exhilarating” to your posting prowess, just a touch of brain scramble. Apologies for sounding over the top. 

Never seen a film breakdown with that level of detail from any player, much less the actual QB; and the latest stop-action / highlight tech, too. That was the fun part. So much more interesting than an All22 with a commentator trying to guess what the play call was. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.