This board and bills fans in general are funny...QB related

Hebert19

19 hours ago, Hebert19 said:

I've been part of this board or other boards for as long as there have been boards.  :)

I started back in the drew Bledsoe days on the buffalo range.  Boy did we hate poor Drew.  Hes a statue.  League is going toward mobile quarterbacks.   Hes a dinosaur.  

Enter losman...hes mobile.   But wow he wasnt the answer.  Not very smart and inaccurate.   We need a passer.  

Enter trent.  Hes accurate but he checks down too much.  We need someone to push the ball down the field.  

Enter fitz.  Hes too much of a cowboy and tries to push the ball too much and is turnover prone as a result.  

Enter EJ.  Big.  Check.  Strong arm.  Check.  Somewhat mobile.  Check.  But he needs to sit for a while.  Oh wait.  Kolb fell.  Toss him to the wolves.  He's terrible.  Cut him.  Worst draft pick ever.  

Enter orton...who most actually liked.  But we still complained that he was too stationary.  A statue.  Need more mobility.  

Enter tyrod.  Holy *****.  Hes mobile but here we go with the checkdowns ahain.  Cant we just have both. 

Enter Allen.  A mobile guy.  With a cannon.  That NEVER checks down.  Pushes the ball.  And for the most part does an ok job protecting the ball.  And we complain that hes inaccurate.  But if he checked down more to improve the accuracy numbers.  We would B word that he checks down too much.  

My point.  Enjoy the ride.  Allen 10x the talent level of any of these bozos.  He doesnt have great accuracy stats not because he's I Inaccurate but because if he needs 10 yards he throws it 15.  We saw Stafford complete more passes last week but on 2 huge plays he threw 5 yard passes on 3rd and 8.  Would that make you happy? 

Once allen learns to take the easy yardage with his arm the same way he does with his legs the numbers will come...and we will have nothing to complain about.  This guy tries to make plays every damn time he has the ball.  Which is exciting.  Once he realizes we can score 5 yards at a time too....look out.  

I am frankly suprised that he looks this good with no help.

You dont usually see extremely raw QBs at the most basic level of Div 1 football come into the league and show promise early......quite the opposite actually and to get ANYTHING out of them they need to have a wall in front of them.....a running game to take pressure off of them......pass catchers that make amazing catches and do something with the ball after they catch it AND a defense that keeps turning the ball over back to the offense to give them repeated chances.......

Josh for the most part has had NONE of that...we will not even get into the crappy field position because of special teams.

What it looks like Josh did was elevate his game BIG TIME from his play at Wyoming to match the talent he was going against in the pros.

Josh Allen is the real deal......all that remains to be seen is if Beane can put a team around him next year.......I eagerly away our 90 million cap space...10 draft picks....and a rookie QB contract that Josh Allen is on.

• Like (+1) 2

19 hours ago, JPP said:

Belicheat came out in a presser this week saying Allen is accurate.....If the evil lord himself is saying this than he must be...No??

Unfortunately Belicheat tends to "puff up" his opponents in his pressers...what he  really means is "I think we've figured out how to confuse Allen and take away the throws where he's accurate

"We shall see, Zorn, We shall see"

As to the OP:

image.thumb.png.ba6390c9f9e22b27d608f5b10ecfad85.png

16 hours ago, BillsSB2020 said:

Why in the world would folks root for Tyrod Tailor's demise? He was an upstanding man as a member of the Buffalo Bills. Sure he had his shortcoming and I'm tickled pink that we have a franchise quarterback but there's no reason to pile on Taylor.

It's just natural for fans to want the guy their team got rid of not to succeed elsewhere.

It's like a divorced guy who wants to see his ex with a homely, broke bum, not with a rich handsome guy.  

4 minutes ago, Albany,n.y. said:

It's just natural for fans to want the guy their team got rid of not to succeed elsewhere.

It's like a divorced guy who wants to see his ex with a homely, broke bum, not with a rich handsome guy.  

My ex wife is with a homely, broke, bum and it's almost worse! At any rate, EJ Manuels and Nate Peterman strike me as fine young men and I wish them the best.

1 hour ago, Whites Bay said:

Personally, I'm hoping we read these daily Allen worship posts for about 15 years.

If you REALLY enjoy rooting for a team that has churn at the QB position, there's an opening for you in Jacksonville.  That hot mess ought to go on for years.  You'll be at home there.

You should get back to hating on every ex-Bills player and pretending to be a fan. 

17 hours ago, BarkleyForGOATBackupPT5P said:

I 100% am just saying this for perspective. But we could pile on JA and have him out of town in 4 years as another "loser" spouting hyperbole that he doesn't belong in the league and root for him to fail for the rest of his career. 

Just as we peaked with Tyrod's first year, spouted excuses for any EJ or JP mistake, thought we struck gold with early Fitz, and were enamored with Bledsoe. 

Not saying I think this will happen. Allen is by far looking the best of the bunch in almost every way.. but we are &&&&& about former quartetbacks. We rewrite history like Tyrod didn't save us from potentially the biggest dog**** quarterback camp we've ever seen.

We have more sympathy for %%%%%%% PETERMAN than we do any former starting Quarterback. I guess when you can love so hard. You learn to hate so hard.

*Moderated for content ($) Do not attempt to circumvent the foul language barrier*

That's why fan is short for fan-atic I believe...also, I believe there are a few ex-GF's of mine who probably feel similarly about me now as we do about any of our scrap heap ex-QB's lol, I admit it. But anyway, right now I'm lovin' me some Josh Allen, no doubt about it, and am looking forward to what he shows us this week in NE--biggest (starting) test for him yet, IMHO.  

2 hours ago, Whites Bay said:

Personally, I'm hoping we read these daily Allen worship posts for about 15 years.

If you REALLY enjoy rooting for a team that has churn at the QB position, there's an opening for you in Jacksonville.  That hot mess ought to go on for years.  You'll be at home there.

I think Jacksonville should be able to get their pick of the best veteran QBs available from Flacco, Foles, Tyrod etc or they might swing a trade for Carr, since the Raiders are intent on setting the record for most 1st round picks in 1 draft.  Also the Jags could sign one of the vets as a bridge & draft a QB. 

Jacksonville is hardly a hot mess at QB that will last for years.  The leader of that pack is the NYG who will keep Manning another year unless he decides to hang them up and will try to find their next QB from a mid round pick.  They might go the next decade or more trying to replace Manning since they chose Barkley over any of last year's QBs except Mayfield.  Other teams that could be in for a long wait for their next decent QB include our 2 archenemies Miami & NE as well as years of mediocrity in Cincinnati, Denver, Washington, and Tampa Bay. 

5 hours ago, nedboy7 said:

I guess we have to read these daily Allen worship posts for about 8 more months. 

Hey man, aren't you glad that we have something positive to post about as opposed to the sheer misery that was 4 weeks of the mid-season this year, and the tail end of every single year in the drought until last year? Who wants to read non-stop messaging boards about how bad everything is with no hope for any betterment? No thanks, I'll pass. I'll tell you what, if you haven't watched the story about Super Cade and Allen yet, I'm re-posting it here, maybe that will help clarify part of what makes us so proud to have Josh as the face of the franchise right now. Oh, and he can play ball too. :) 

2 hours ago, nedboy7 said:

You should get back to hating on every ex-Bills player and pretending to be a fan. 

C'mon, that's just not right.

Edited by NoHuddleKelly12
  • Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Albany,n.y. said:

Great example of the avg poster on here. 

I thought this thread was going somewhere like "do not jump to conclusions on QB" and then the ending point was jumping to a conclusion.

Allen is fun but the honeymoon period ends after 2 games. We need wins, TDs, yards, and less turnovers next year. A lot of the book left to be written. 

17 hours ago, nedboy7 said:

And you, sir, should get that litter box changed.  It has to burn after awhile.

Have a great Christmas!