NY Governor: Legalize recreational marijuana in NY state in 2019

BillsFan4

18 hours ago, LABillzFan said:

Outside of the cost savings, I'm not sure why anyone would want to grow it, let alone smoke the actual weed any more. They've got this down to a concentrate that you vape.

Wifey uses it for migraines, and hated everything she had to do to eliminate the odor from wafting around and sticking to her clothes. The oils changed everything. No smell. No seeds. No skunk. No roaches or bowls or bongs or papers. 

Seeds??? 

9 hours ago, reddogblitz said:

I see your point.  

When I think of the nanny-state I think of the government telling you can't do something and punishing you for it if you do because they say its bad for you.  They removed locking you up for it. May be over regulated. But I see it as an improvement.

No different than alcohol ? really. It's taxed. When you go to the store it's labeled as to alcohol ? by content and you can count on if it says it is 40 oz it is 40 oz. You're not gonna walk out with 40 proof wood alcohol.

You'll see when it becomes legal in NY.

Regulation is not a bad thing, taxation isn't a bad thing, and people working for the state of ny is most definitely not a bad thing.

My complaint is not that Fireball is properly labeled. 

The good news news is that when weed gets to the point where I can walk into a dispensary and buy something for personal consumption, I may care a whole lot less about all the rest.

• Like (+1) 1

18 hours ago, reddogblitz said:

maybe it's just me, it seems that not locking people for doing something they're gonna do anyway and hurts no-one else is pretty liberating.

I've been thinking about it, but am having a hard time thinking is any product that is not overly regulated. Food? Ladders? Baby pajamas? Automobiles?  Beer? (Ever heard of the ATF?)  Wood?  Furnitue? Smart phones? Paint?

Would you be okay making the alcohol industry illegal because of too much regulation?  We tried that once.

I'll say it again. 

Why stop at pot?  Legalize everything. Redirect all the "war in drugs" $$ to importing/distributing/taxing. 

• Like (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, snafu said:

I'll say it again. 

Why stop at pot?  Legalize everything. Redirect all the "war in drugs" $$ to importing/distributing/taxing. 

I’d like to support this but there are drugs that need to be banned. Bath salts that make people eat people definitely need to stay banned. Heroin is pure evil. So while I agree with acid, shrooms, coke, and pot, I do not on heroin and ***** that makes people go crazy. 

41 minutes ago, The_Dude said:

I’d like to support this but there are drugs that need to be banned. Bath salts that make people eat people definitely need to stay banned. Heroin is pure evil. So while I agree with acid, shrooms, coke, and pot, I do not on heroin and ***** that makes people go crazy. 

Bath salts aren't a drug.  That's just idiots that will smoke anything because they are too cheap or lazy to get something legit.  And perhaps fewer people will use heroin if alcohol, pot and coke are legal.  Besides, methodone is always available through government outlets.

22 hours ago, LABillzFan said:

Outside of the cost savings, I'm not sure why anyone would want to grow it, let alone smoke the actual weed any more. They've got this down to a concentrate that you vape.

Wifey uses it for migraines, and hated everything she had to do to eliminate the odor from wafting around and sticking to her clothes. The oils changed everything. No smell. No seeds. No skunk. No roaches or bowls or bongs or papers. 

Because then it's not a natural remedy.  Using the concentrate, you're basically just handing over responsibility to Big Pharma, who'll turn it into something that kills you, then overcharge for it.

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

Because then it's not a natural remedy.  Using the concentrate, you're basically just handing over responsibility to Big Pharma, who'll turn it into something that kills you, then overcharge for it.

Geez Tom, think a little. If you're dead who cares if you paid too much forthatshit?

On 1/13/2019 at 11:19 AM, reddogblitz said:

In my state, legal weed doesn't have seeds. So, not a problem.

Did the legal weed you used to get have seeds?

No seeds at all.  And in CA I think even the illegal weed hasn't had seeds since the 70's  I have a friend move here when I was still in high school and he'd mail me some buds. It blew me away compared to the crap we got in NY. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Chef Jim said:

No seeds at all.  And in CA I think even the illegal weed hasn't had seeds since the 70's  I have a friend move here when I was still in high school and he'd mail me some buds. It blew me away compared to the crap we got in NY. 

The seeds went away because the sellers did not want to give away their ability to make a profit versus a genesis in botany.  NY pot was crap because the growers were strictly amateurs that had no knowledge of growing plants of any kind.  They would be the same ones selling Charlie Brown Christmas trees if in the evergreen tree business.  The same know how that was applied to field crops such as corn and beans was applied to MJ.    

Edited by RochesterRob

On 1/13/2019 at 6:57 AM, snafu said:

I'll say it again. 

works for me. what we save on policing and imprisonment will be worth it. when they were talking about legalizing pot here in WA the then-gov said "yup - let's legalize it and tax the hell out of it."  Why not?

What's also interesting for those who freak over the state running things - WA used to control liquor sales.  Everything but beer was purchased in a  liquor store run by the state.  I had no idea such a thing existed and was a pretty good customer before I found out.  Was just like any other liquor store.  The taxes went to education mostly.  Then Costco and other retailers put millions behind a campaign to move liquor sales to the public sector, which passed.  Now I can buy wine and liquor in Rite Aid as well as grocery stores, quickie marts etc. The prices have not improved AND, interestingly, there are now many more issues with illegal sales to minors than when the state ran the business. So people should not always be so quick to assume that the government can't do things right.  Some governments can.

1 minute ago, blzrul said:

works for me. what we save on policing and imprisonment will be worth it. when they were talking about legalizing pot here in WA the then-gov said "yup - let's legalize it and tax the hell out of it."  Why not?

What's also interesting for those who freak over the state running things - WA used to control liquor sales.  Everything but beer was purchased in a  liquor store run by the state.  I had no idea such a thing existed and was a pretty good customer before I found out.  Was just like any other liquor store.  The taxes went to education mostly.  Then Costco and other retailers put millions behind a campaign to move liquor sales to the public sector, which passed.  Now I can buy wine and liquor in Rite Aid as well as grocery stores, quickie marts etc. The prices have not improved AND, interestingly, there are now many more issues with illegal sales to minors than when the state ran the business. So people should not always be so quick to assume that the government can't do things right.  Some governments can.

Maybe we should wait until all cars are self-driving...

3 hours ago, Chef Jim said:

My referencing "seeds" should tell you all you need to know about my use of marijuana any more. 

We were in St.Lucia for a our wedding almost 20 years ago, and we got one of the waiters down on the beach to grab us a joint. Sat in our hot tub, took a few hits, was paralyzed for two hours. :lol:

16 minutes ago, blzrul said:

North Carolina used to be like that.  They had ABC stores (Alcohol Beverage Control, I think).

The only thing that I had to get used to was that it was closed on Sundays. Prime drinking day.

Edited by LABillzFan

20 hours ago, LABillzFan said:

My referencing "seeds" should tell you all you need to know about my use of marijuana any more. 

We were in St.Lucia for a our wedding almost 20 years ago, and we got one of the waiters down on the beach to grab us a joint. Sat in our hot tub, took a few hits, was paralyzed for two hours. :lol:

I was in Jamaica maybe 30 years ago. There was a kid who was paddling a surfboard selling weed.  I was so excited. Here I am in the land of Bob Marley and Reggae and I was going to get me some ganja.  So he shows me a bag.  Seriously?  You're going to try and sell me a bag of pencil shavings??  I told the kid we got better ***** in the boonies of NY in the 70's. 

7 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

I was in Jamaica maybe 30 years ago. There was a kid who was paddling a surfboard selling weed.  I was so excited. Here I am in the land of Bob Marley and Reggae and I was going to get me some ganja.  So he shows me a bag.  Seriously?  You're going to try and sell me a bag of pencil shavings??  I told the kid we got better ***** in the boonies of NY in the 70's. 

I was stationed on Okinawa and weed had pretty much dried up and of course was hard to find. I bought some in an opaque bag and took it back to the barracks. I opened it up and it was all f'n sticks. I was ready to take it back and demand my money back. One of the guys convinced me to try it. That was my introduction to Thai Stick. One joint, six guys and no one able to move for over two hours.

2 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

I was stationed on Okinawa and weed had pretty much dried up and of course was hard to find. I bought some in an opaque bag and took it back to the barracks. I opened it up and it was all f'n sticks. I was ready to take it back and demand my money back. One of the guys convinced me to try it. That was my introduction to Thai Stick. One joint, six guys and no one able to move for over two hours.

The Thai sticks may have clouded your memory but they were not just sticks. 

Just now, Chef Jim said:

The Thai sticks may have clouded your memory but they were not just sticks. 

Oh, I know. But when you first open the bag and see them in comparison to what I was used to, my immediate reaction was that I got screwed with a bag of sticks.

33 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

Oh, I know. But when you first open the bag and see them in comparison to what I was used to, my immediate reaction was that I got screwed with a bag of sticks.

I remember looking at the buds thinking where are the seeds?  Where are the stems?  And 20 minutes later where is my brain? 

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/14/2019 at 3:38 PM, snafu said:

Maybe we should wait until all cars are self-driving...

I think I'll pass on the self-driving cars. 

On 1/12/2019 at 12:25 PM, LABillzFan said:

It's something else. You can get CBD gummies and darned if I wasn't channel surfing last night and saw some babe hawking HEMP OIL on QVC.  The train's left the station, all you fuddy-duddy states. Get with it, and make some money!

26 minutes ago, blzrul said:

I think I'll pass on the self-driving cars. 

It's something else. You can get CBD gummies and darned if I wasn't channel surfing last night and saw some babe hawking HEMP OIL on QVC.  The train's left the station, all you fuddy-duddy states. Get with it, and make some money!

Still a federal crime.