Once again we really need a TE

5 hours ago, WMDman said:

Hopefully Noah Fant drops to the second

Not sure about Fant, been injured a few times, has had a few drops, and lost a lot of reps to T. J. Hockenson down the stretch...who some consider a better all-around blocker and receiver.

Draft is pretty deep with good TE prospects - if OBD does their homework they can come away with a good one.

The Bills haven't developed their own TE in like........................... FOREVER.

Time for them to draft someone in April to be Allen's security blanket for years to come.

That's how a winning team helps their young QB.

It's about time this organization draft their guy at TE.

Plus, I think a guy like Kroft could be a good under the radar signing to give this team some quality depth at TE.

Edited by njbuff

8 hours ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

Metzalers is a Bills fan favorite, but in the grand scheme of things how good was he really? Can you even imagine what it would look like to have an Ertz or Kelce on this team? The entire history of this team i don’t think we have ever had a truly good TE. Sadly Clay was probably the best we have had in 20 years and he flat out sucks now. 

Jay Riemersma was a pretty good tight end that the Bills allowed to escape as a FA. I remember Keith Mc Keller also was very good but injury plagued. Metzallars could fall down and get 3 yards

11 hours ago, 1ZAYDAY1 said:

If Jace Sternberger declares he’s my guy. I but undersized, he’ll probably measure 6’3 3/4 at 245 lbs but he’s a great route runner and smooth.

If he declares he’ll go around 50-75.

Yeah he is also a strong runner after the catch. He is another players who I would be interested in his combine numbers.

9 hours ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

Metzalers is a Bills fan favorite, but in the grand scheme of things how good was he really? Can you even imagine what it would look like to have an Ertz or Kelce on this team? The entire history of this team i don’t think we have ever had a truly good TE. Sadly Clay was probably the best we have had in 20 years and he flat out sucks now. 

Metz was  great blocker. It was almost like having another Left Tackle on the field. He was also a great target in the end zone.

9 hours ago, BillsRdue said:

I'm not sure either of these guys is the true #1 TE. James can't even beat out Vance MCDonald and Williams has been hurt a lot.

I think it is about opportunity. I don't think we need a true number 1. We need guys who can block and catch and complement the offense. Right now we have an H-back guy with no knee, a guy who can't block, and a former quarterback. Bringing in actual real tight ends would make a world of difference in my opinion.

It's the same as the #1 receiver thing. 

14 hours ago, The_Dude said:

We really need to find one in FA. Rarely is it that a rookie TE plays well enough to make ann impact. Even 1st rounders cannot be counted on, and Allen NEEDS a TE. 

Yep. It’s hard to find one in the draft that is ready to be a receiving threat and a good enough blocker at this level.