Joe Flacco benched in Baltimore...Lamar Jackson era has begun

Big Turk

6 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

The difference is....Jackson cant take the hits like Josh does....

And yet Allen has missed a month with injury and LJ has not been hurt.

Carson Wentz is a big, strapping dude who can "absorb" hits and he's been hurt 2 years in a row.

It's folly to assume a guys size precludes him from injury.

• Like (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

And yet Allen has missed a month with injury and LJ has not been hurt.

Carson Wentz is a big, strapping dude who can "absorb" hits and he's been hurt 2 years in a row.

It's folly to assume a guys size precludes him from injury.

LJ took a shot this week that had him down on the ground....did you miss it?

Josh Allen with a tan :)

21 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

How about a Marrone / Tyrod Taylor reunion?

snicker snicker.

They were never together 

13 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Um, John!  Maybe next time, let’s not talk about other QBs getting hurt. Bad mojo!

• Like (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Jackson is too (relatively) frail to take his beatings. Even Josh will eventually crack too if he keeps taking (often late) hits, though I do like the way he’s learned to slide and go OB.

What burns me is the way he doesn’t get the same level of protection IN the pocket and after the ball is realsed that somebody named....say.... Tom Brady does. They’d be bounced from the league for some of those things that don’t even get flags at times. And they way they target him, it seems like they’re fine to take the 15 yard penalty! It feels like part of the game plan. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Augie said:

Jackson is too (relatively) frail to take his beatings. Even Josh will eventually crack too if he keeps taking (often late) hits, though I do like the way he’s learned to slide and go OB.

What burns me is the way he doesn’t get the same level of protection IN the pocket and after the ball is realsed that somebody named....say.... Tom Brady does. They’d be bounced from the league for some of those things that don’t even get flags at times. And they way they target him, it seems like they’re fine to take the 15 yard penalty! It feels like part of the game plan. 

It’s the Cam Newton treatment.  Mobile qbs don’t get the same safety as pocket guys.  I remember a season opener where Cam took multiple headshots with no penalties.

Just now, C.Biscuit97 said:

It’s the Cam Newton treatment.  Mobile qbs don’t get the same safety as pocket guys.  I remember a season opener where Cam took multiple headshots with no penalties.

I get most of the hits when they run, but when you’re in the pocket, you’re the same as Brady, or Brees, or anyone else! Maddening, I tell you!!!

I’m interested in how Jackson plays against a better defence. I was not a fan of his in the predraft process. I thought he would have success against bottom 10 defences because they couldn’t handle his running ability but would really struggle is his running game was taken away.

Just now, billspro said:

I’m interested in how Jackson plays against a better defence. I was not a fan of his in the predraft process. I thought he would have success against bottom 10 defences because they couldn’t handle his running ability but would really struggle is his running game was taken away.

It’s worth pointing out he has better passing numbers than Allen. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

Wow, there is a serious "changing of the guard" going on in the NFL right now.  Very soon Eli, Brady, Brees, Rivers Stafford and Big Ben will be gone as well.

In the “olden days” (you know, like maybe a decade ago?), a lot of these guys would be gone already. Blanda was the exception! Guys didn’ty play this long, but between training, nutrition, and the league dressing them in skirts, it’s a brave new world! 

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

It’s worth pointing out he has better passing numbers than Allen. 

Yes but if you watch the games Allen is completing a lot more NFL type throws against very good defences. I believe Jackson has played all bottom 5 defences and is still struggling with passing with a much better supporting cast than Allen. I don’t know if any of our offensive players would start on the Ravens. Maybe McCoy?

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

yeah but they are not supposed to be taking the hits IN the pocket.....these refs are horrible

I think we all agree on THAT! Brady is the Coach K of the NFL. Whine enough, and you become the boss. 

1 hour ago, HOUSE said:

Was never a Joe Flacco fan. Baltimore drafted a QB high for a reason

defenses will figure out jackson just like every other new trend.  flacco will lead another team to a conference championship.  either he or carr will be a jag.  question is what do the bucs and giants/redskins do? i don't see either flacco or carr changing confs.

1 minute ago, billsredneck1 said:

defenses will figure out jackson just like every other new trend.  flacco will lead another team to a conference championship.  either he or carr will be a jag.  question is what do the bucs and giants/redskins do? i don't see either flacco or carr changing confs.

You do realize that our QB has really only succeeded running the ball, correct?

Will he be "figured out?" This thread is starting to get weird.

Edited by LSHMEAB