The Trump Shutdown

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, Chandemonium said:

I heard on the radio on my way to work this morning that Ted Cruz is proposing using the assets seized from El Chapo to fund the wall. Sounds awfully close to Mexico paying for it to me.

7B3948E7-EACB-435F-8199-17B06AC7CE24.jpeg

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Kevbeau said:

7B3948E7-EACB-435F-8199-17B06AC7CE24.jpeg

That's being spoken TO Trump... LoL... Nice!

Just now, B-Man said:

e8fdf5e9ae863d5f2cbd71dc17e131b7a37f9638...........Wall construction continuing throughout the rest of the fiscal year with new democrat agreement

Thanks dems...............say what happened to that "Immoral" business ?

It's still immoral.  But Trump got worse deal than offered in December.  $5.7B... Cut to just below $1.7.

Gotta throw a bone to the dog... Let them think they got something.

1 minute ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Even you have to admit that if he somehow gets a wall built using money seized from El Chapo, it would be one the greatest political end arounds in our history.

having said that, I doubt it happens

1 minute ago, Kevbeau said:

Even you have to admit that if he somehow gets a wall built using money seized from El Chapo, it would be one the greatest political end arounds in our history.

having said that, I doubt it happens

How long will it be tied up?  But, at least Mexico is "paying"... Except for all the US druggies that bought from El Chapo.

4 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

It's still immoral. 

But Trump The dems got worse deal than offered in December February.  $5.7B  $0 ... Cut raised to just below around  $1.7.

See how easy that is Exiled ?

The President got enough immoral funding to keep construction going to the end of the year.........

and you want to proclaim victory........................well go ahead ................:lol:

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, B-Man said:

See how easy that is Exiled ?

The President got enough immoral funding to keep construction going to the end of the year.........

and you want to proclaim victory........................well go ahead ................:lol:

$5.7 vs. $0

Uh... $1.7 is not even in the ballpark.  I am not going Cadillac shopping with you and taking you into finance company office.  We'll walk with funding for this:

https://www.autotrader.com/car-video/heres-why-yugo-one-worst-cars-ever-made-259789

280px-1987_Yugo_GV_Sport_(7407651462).jp

You're quite the Arab Horse-Trader B-Man.  They were giving Yugos away free when You bought a Cadillac in 1987.

4bd6706a-2ea2-498a-a144-b7571db40439.gif

Well done!

Trump won without a doubt. The Left's "the wall is immoral" stance is no longer available to them in the future. Were they just a little immoral because they only gave up some money for the wall?

The Left did nothing for DACA nor did they even try. That takes that issue away from them.

1 hour ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

It's still immoral.  But Trump got worse deal than offered in December.  $5.7B... Cut to just below $1.7.

i must have missed the Dems offering up 5.7 in Dec. can you provide substantiation for your claim.

TYIA

Edited by Foxx

7 minutes ago, Foxx said:

i must have missed the Dems offering up 5.7 in Dec. can you provide substantiation for your claim.

TYIA

"[All Trump] had to do was accept a 10- to 14-year path to citizenship for children of undocumented immigrants brought to the United States at a young age.

That deal has been on the table for more than a month now: Trump gives Democrats a path to citizenship for 1.8 million Dreamers; Democrats give Trump his full $25 billion wall funding request. [...]

It is confounding that Trump didn't just take the deal."

49 minutes ago, grinreaper said:

Trump won without a doubt. 

Isnt this amount only a fraction of what he demanded for a wall?  How is this a win.

was there anything that could’ve happened where the people that always support trump would say he lost?  And vice versa

when you side with someone every single time, you gotta wonder how much thought you are putting into it. Not necessarily you, but a lot of the “trump won” crowd.

16 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

"[All Trump] had to do was accept a 10- to 14-year path to citizenship for children of undocumented immigrants brought to the United States at a young age.

That deal has been on the table for more than a month now: Trump gives Democrats a path to citizenship for 1.8 million Dreamers; Democrats give Trump his full $25 billion wall funding request. [...]

ummm.... it's not that i don't believe you, but i asked for substantiation. which if i have to spell it out for you, generally means and is understood that you need to give a link.

3 minutes ago, Foxx said:

ummm.... it's not that i don't believe you, but i asked for substantiation. which if i have to spell it out for you, generally means and is understood that you need to give a link.

Who sent out the PPP Circle Jerk Bat Signa©? 

My intent was to just point out the Tale of Two Boondoggles, along with Trump losing The Art of the Deal©.

Man... You Guys really hover.

3 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Who sent out the PPP Circle Jerk Bat Signa©? 

My intent was to just point out the Tale of Two Boondoggles, along with Trump losing The Art of the Deal©.

Man... You Guys really hover.

link or you stink. and your whole argument is bull####.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Where are you getting that?  Trump has openly said several times that he would like to do a grand deal and has offered citizenship for dreamers in exchange for border security.  Dems have not taken him up on it. 

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, keepthefaith said:

Where are you getting that?  Trump has openly said several times that he would like to do a grand deal and has offered citizenship for dreamers in exchange for border security.  Dems have not taken him up on it. 

11 months ago:

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2018/03/trump-should-have-accepted-democrats-border-wall-offer.html