The Trump Shutdown

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Oh gawd 

We have federal workers not getting paid and nasty Pelosi was taking her entire family on a vacation using tax payers money?

She calls a wall immoral?????

She needs to go. Send her and chucky boy back to whatever hole they clinbed out of!

• Like (+1) 2

Once again, for the simpletons here: The wall is not intended to prevent someone from ever getting across, under or over it. It is not a prison wall. It is intended to slow down or impair those that want to come into our country long enough for border agents to prevent them from doing so. Idiots who keep finding reasons that the wall won't work are just blowing smoke out of their reptilian ass.

• Like (+1) 3

39 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Sounds like someone trying to flee the country. 

Iv'e seen some chatter about it possibly being related to the foiled planned attack on the White House on that same day.

Have you heard anything along these lines that you are willing to share? 

• Thank you (+1) 1

Why Democrats Said No to Trump’s Border Compromise

By John Fund

Lots of people are wondering just why Democrats rejected President Trump’s plan to reopen government agencies even before he announced the plan. House speaker Nancy Pelosi called it a “non-starter,” and Senate Democratic whip Dick Durbin rejected it even though, as the Daily Caller noted, Trump’s proposal to protect immigrant “Dreamers” from being deported “included everything” that Durbin had asked for “just over two years ago.”

The Washington Post editorial page, normally one of Trump’s harshest critics, was puzzled by the Democratic intransigence:

To refuse even to talk until the government reopens does no favors to sidelined federal workers and contractors. . . . A measure of statesmanship for a member of Congress now is the ability to accept some disappointments, and shrug off the inevitable attacks from purists, if it means rescuing the lives of thousands of deserving people living among us.

So why are Democrats so dug in? GOP congressman Peter King, who is frequently critical of Trump, says it’s because the issue of a border wall is secondary to their hatred of Trump. “The fear is, among the Democratic leadership, if they make any agreement with President Trump, it’s like compromising with the devil,” he told New York radio station AM970.

In other words, when Democrats now hear talk of “border security,” they think only of Trump and want to make sure that their base won’t see them as surrendering to him in any way. Forget the fact that Democrats have voted for a border barrier in the past and that the $5.7 billion Trump wants is meant only for stretches that U.S. Border Patrol officials have identified as needing barriers to interdict illegal entrants and drugs.

The Democrats seem have to been captured by the thinking of radical community organizer Saul Alinsky. The author of Rules for Radicals, Alinsky inspired both Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama. He used to tell his protégés that “the issue is never the issue.” As historian David Horowitz notes

The cause of a political action — whether civil rights or women’s rights — is never the real cause; women, blacks, and other “victims” are only instruments in the larger cause, which is power.

More at the link:

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, B-Man said:

Thumbnail

I'm just wondering...

7 Dums

+ 86 "Family" members i.e., >12 per Dummy

= 93.

"93 Military & Secret Service people" 

Hmmmm. 

1:1 ratio, or was it a mistake in the # of "family" they wanted to tag along? 

Just now, Deranged Rhino said:

It's normal to travel on official congressional business with 80+ "family members"? 

Good lord, I hope that's not true. But it probably is.

Those numbers are probably high (186 people, total, on a junket?  Only if they're flying in multiple planes or a freight hauler - there's not a single VIP transport in the Air Force that'll carry that many, not even a VC-25A.)  But yes, they often bring family along.  It's a rare "fact-finding tour" that isn't a family vacation.

5 minutes ago, Nanker said:

I'm just wondering...

7 Dums

+ 86 "Family" members i.e., >12 per Dummy

= 93.

"93 Military & Secret Service people" 

Hmmmm. 

1:1 ratio, or was it a mistake in the # of "family" they wanted to tag along? 

And who's getting Secret Service protection?  Congress, including the Speaker, gets their protection from the Capitol Police.

Pretty sure that tweet's bull####.

You want a vanity wall for Trump that is useless, but I'm the idiot? Whatever 

Gleeful Gator, you ignorant slut. You got someone to say they like you, probably for the first time in your life and you give them a hard time? Tsk, tsk.

• Haha (+1) 1

the reason why i called you an idiot is because you seem to think a hacksaw and chisel will cut an opening large enough in the wall for illegals to slip through. while it could be done, it would require quite a lot of effort to do so, not as simple as you are trying to portray it as.

but, whatever. lol.

Believe it or not, which you won't, that wall is for you too. Those who don't realize that are simply too far gone. It might not even be your own fault, as some are much easier to manipulate through the constant bombarding of the MSM throughout the years and it has been happening for your entire life.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Nanker said:

Sounds like it is BS. 

Agreed on the family junket/vacations though. It's been going on forever. 

Multiple planes with some of the people staying in Brussels. Who the hell would want to go to Afghanistan on vacation?