The Trump Shutdown

3 minutes ago, Juror#8 said:

Basically Trump is comparatively better because the lies he’s been caught in are smaller in dispositional scope. Continuing on (and you correct me if I’m wrong) it appears that you’re contending that Trump is characteristically better because his two years (so far) of frequent lies of smaller, simply agitating, scope are less impactful than a handful of big lies that two others had 8 years to ***** around and manufacture and that we’ve had many more years to uncover. 

No. I'm saying all politicians lie. Some lies are bigger and more damaging than others. So far, the lies Trump has told have paled in comparison to those that came before him as far as a threat to the public or the country goes. 

And you're wrong about the two others had 8 years. Their biggest lies came within the same first two year time span we're discussing, WMD/Surveillance. We are still paying for those lies today in blood and treasure. 

6 minutes ago, Juror#8 said:

2. Lying isn’t the flaw (or bad) in and of itself. 

See above. All politicians lie. Some lies are harmless, others are not. 

So far there have not been anything approaching the same level of damage done by Trump's lies compared to just the two most recent occupants of the Oval within the same first term time period. 

This isn't me saying this. It's history telling you this. And it's indisputable. 

8 minutes ago, Juror#8 said:

Oh yea, you also seem to think year 2 Obama and year 8 Obama were treated differently here. Your thesis relies on it.

Incorrect. My comment has nothing to do with PPP or how the presidents were treated. It has to do with the reality of the lies they told and their impact. I was here for all 8 years of Obama. I saw how he was treated. I defended him... until I smartened up and saw through the wool he was pulling over peoples' eyes. 

9 minutes ago, Juror#8 said:

Though Bman and his vacuousness wasn’t here then, it’s all archived. Since you enjoy research, why don’t you ‘apples to apples’ your thesis and look back for some entertaining comparison and contrasts. 

Its a real hoot. 

But you probably won’t. And that’s ok too. 

B-Man was here. We went rounds with one another back then. 

I don't need to research what I remember because I was here ;)

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

18 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

No. I'm saying all politicians lie. Some lies are bigger and more damaging than others. So far, the lies Trump has told have paled in comparison to those that came before him as far as a threat to the public or the country goes. 

And you're wrong about the two others had 8 years. Their biggest lies came within the same first two year time span we're discussing, WMD/Surveillance. We are still paying for those lies today in blood and treasure. 

See above. All politicians lie. Some lies are harmless, others are not. 

So far there have not been anything approaching the same level of damage done by Trump's lies compared to just the two most recent occupants of the Oval within the same first term time period. 

This isn't me saying this. It's history telling you this. And it's indisputable. 

Incorrect. My comment has nothing to do with PPP or how the presidents were treated. It has to do with the reality of the lies they told and their impact. I was here for all 8 years of Obama. I saw how he was treated. I defended him... until I smartened up and saw through the wool he was pulling over peoples' eyes. 

B-Man was here. We went rounds with one another back then. 

I don't need to research what I remember because I was here ;)

Dude then what are you talking about? 

We’re talking about two different things. I’m talking about how Obama was received here after _____ years relative to Trump. I’m talking about the water carriers here and how Trump’s actions are fodder for apologists while Obama was pilloried for doing similar, and lesser things. 

By the same people. 

Read my first post again. 

You’re talking about some deeper ***** and that’s groovy and all.

I’m talking about the contrasts here. 

In order for this relationship to work, we have to be speaking the same language. 

Also, can you point to a single post from late 2009 about lying about ending surveillance (which would have been somewhat of an anachronism with 6 years left to go in his presidency) and drone strikes? I don’t recall a single one of those convos when I reading the boards back then. The one wouldn’t make sense historically and the other I simply don’t recall. 

Lets find discussions about those lies as lies back in late 2010 for an apples to apples vantage point. 

Edited by Juror#8

9 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

I responded directly to the words in your post. :beer: 

Not sure what you’re talking about. You’re actually not. You said in your clarifying post that you’re not referring to ppp.

Well I was.

I use the word “here” and “this community,” to indicate that in my first post. 

Two different things, friend. 

But to be sure, I asked for you to find something. Would love to see it. I’m giving you the option to align us. 

Bring us together. 

Two ways this can go: you can acknowledge that you’re curling while I’m playing chess. Or you can find the *****. Lies as lies in 2010. 

Edited by Juror#8

4 minutes ago, Juror#8 said:

Not sure what you’re talking about. You’re actually not. You said in your clarifying post that you’re not referring to ppp.

Well I was.

I use the word “here” and “this community,” to indicate that in my first post. 

Two different things, friend. 

But to be sure, I asked for you to find something. Would love to see it. I’m giving you the option to align. 

Bring us together. 

1 hour ago, Juror#8 said:

Trump is a liar. 

Let me just get that out the way. 

Im not sure that he lies any more than any other president. I think he does. But I don’t keep count of all his lies and pernicious liberties with the truth. I should caveat, though, the possibility of an admitted recency bias that I’d be remiss if I didn’t acknowledge. 

Your words, and what I responded to. 

You asked me to research something I was here for. I don't need to. I remember. I've been here a long, long time. 

7 minutes ago, Juror#8 said:

Dude then what are you talking about? 

We’re talking about two different things. I’m talking about how Obama was received here after _____ years relative to Trump. I’m talking about the water carriers here and how Trump’s actions are fodder for apologists while Obama was pilloried for doing similar, and lesser things. 

By the same people. 

Read my first post again. 

You’re talking about some deeper ***** and that’s groovy and all.

I’m talking about the contrasts here. 

In order for this relationship to work, we have to be speaking the same language. 

If I may interject, I'm not sure why people's reception of President Obama on a message board has any bearing on anything else.

The board's non-libertarian/non-classical liberal posters here tend to lean to the right, which will demonstrate bias; and B-Man is a right wing infotainment aggregator.

I'd also be interested in hearing what "lesser" or "similar" things President Obama was pilloried for.

The only thing I care about, the only thing, is the weaponization of the federal bureaucracy against the people it proposes to rule, and the rigging of federal elections in defiance of the will of the people.  That's it. 

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Your words, and what I responded to. 

You asked me to research something I was here for. I don't need to. I remember. I've been here a long, long time. 

Trump is a liar - and you didn’t deny that. 

All you did was compare Trump to Obama (and Bush) to minimize Trump’s culpability by weighing scope of lies.

I asked you to find the discussion of Obama’s lies as lies in 2010. 

You couldnt do that. 

I see now that you didn’t actually contest anything I was saying. 

Trump is a liar. You told me he is a small liar. 

So I guess that boils down our point of contention. Your use of an adjective. 

Super. I thought you were bringing something cogent and instead you wasted my time. 

15 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

If I may interject, I'm not sure why people's reception of President Obama on a message board has any bearing on anything else.

The board's non-libertarian/non-classical liberal posters here tend to lean to the right, which will demonstrate bias; and B-Man is a right wing infotainment aggregator.

I'd also be interested in hearing what "lesser" or "similar" things President Obama was pilloried for.

The only thing I care about, the only thing, is the weaponization of the federal bureaucracy against the people it proposes to rule, and the rigging of federal elections in defiance of the will of the people.  That's it. 

It has bearing to my initial point that Trump’s lies and such we’re just apologized and accepted and Obama was the scourge of the seven seas. 

Yep, it’s a right leaning echo chamber sports forum where (presumably) that’s to be expected. Maybe?

You can find the *****. It’s either selective memory or you weren’t reading here about being Kenyan. The birth certificate ***** and the (ostensible) illegality of his presidency. The falsification of documents. The teleprompters and the vacations. 

Pretty constantly. 

Meanwhile, Trump can fart in your lasagna and you’d call it filet (using “you” generally). 

The point was about situational ethics. And the larger point was about figuring out a problem as countrymen. But the jackass contingent thought to cherry pick shiiiiit. I’m perfectly happy defending everything piece by whorish piece. 

I aint running from no fights my dude. 

You may have missed the larger point. That surprises me because you are, in my opinion, one of the better posters on this board. 

Edited by Juror#8

10 minutes ago, row_33 said:

politicians lie????

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My dick lies (or is it “lay”) in your mouth. That makes you gay and me misinformed because you were wearing lipstick and a wig. 

7 minutes ago, Boyst62 said:

I've missed juror. He engages and actually makes it funny and fun.

I think in his absence, however, he has missed a lot of what has been said and that TrannyGreg is not a Trump supporter.

Boyst ... my nugga. Get your ass over here and give me ‘5’ bro. 

Edited by Juror#8
  • Haha (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Juror#8 said:

Trump is a liar - and you didn’t deny that. 

I didn't. I offered perspective. 

All you did was compare Trump to Obama (and Bush) to minimize Trump’s culpability by weighing scope of lies.

No, I was offering perspective. Your panties are in a bunch over something that's minute in terms of a threat to the office or the country. 

11 minutes ago, Juror#8 said:

I asked you to find the discussion of Obama’s lies as lies in 2010. 

You couldnt do that. 

Incorrect. 

I participated in those debates and threads, I'm very familiar with what the tenor was down here then. 

12 minutes ago, Juror#8 said:

I see now that you didn’t actually contest anything I was saying. 

Trump is a liar. You told me he is a small liar. 

I was offering perspective to your position. The fact you're so upset by that shows me you're not really here to be honest with your discussions, or at least when it comes to history. 

13 minutes ago, Juror#8 said:

So I guess that boils down our point of contention. Your use of an adjective. 

No, it boils down to the cost benefit analysis of political lies. They're not all equal as you're trying to present. 

In fact some are deadly. Others are punchlines. 

14 minutes ago, Juror#8 said:

Super. I thought you were bringing something cogent and instead you wasted my time. 

Offering perspective is never a waste of time.

Unless you wish to avoid perspective because you're partisan hackles are raised and you just want to stir the pot. 

Which one are you?

There is also the weird phenomenon of things that Obama was pilloried for here, yet that seem to typify the Trump presidency, but that somehow gets ignored in this community because Trump has an (R) after his name.

Can you provide some examples?

You’re all ***** pieces of *****. 

This is probably true, but how did you exempt yourself from the human condition?

8 minutes ago, Juror#8 said:

It has bearing to my initial point that Trump’s lies and such we’re just apologized and accepted and Obama was the scourge of the seven seas. 

Obama's lies, by comparison, are far worse in terms of their impact on the people and how this country governs. 

Are there partisans on the right who bashed him just to bash him? Yup. No one disputes that. 

But that doesn't mean the criticism of the man is invalid. The more we learn about his deceit the worse he looks. History won't be kind to him, and it's not because of partisan politics, but because of his own actions and crimes. 

9 minutes ago, Juror#8 said:

Meanwhile, Trump can fart in your lasagna and you’d call it filet (using “you” generally). 

There you go, trying to equate them as being the same and why I was offering perspective. They're not the same. One (so far) has been much more dangerous to the country and to the freedom of its people. 

And it's not the Orange man.

The point was about situational ethics. And the larger point was about figuring out a problem as countrymen. But the jackass contingent thought to cherry pick shiiiiit. I’m perfectly happy defending everything piece by whorish piece. 

You're the one cherry picking, trying to make every lie the same when that's just dishonest. 

• Like (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

I didn't. I offered perspective. 

No, I was offering perspective. Your panties are in a bunch over something that's minute in terms of a threat to the office or the country. 

Incorrect. 

I participated in those debates and threads, I'm very familiar with what the tenor was down here then. 

I was offering perspective to your position. The fact you're so upset by that shows me you're not really here to be honest with your discussions, or at least when it comes to history. 

No, it boils down to the cost benefit analysis of political lies. They're not all equal as you're trying to present. 

In fact some are deadly. Others are punchlines. 

Offering perspective is never a waste of time.

Unless you wish to avoid perspective because you're partisan hackles are raised and you just want to stir the pot. 

Which one are you?

So ... you are “offering perspective”? That’s what the kids say now for ‘flip-flopping all over the place trying to figure out a way out of a discussion without admitting that they’re stranded without a lifeline so that the precious bona fides that they’ve established over the last couple years on a sports board sub forum doesn’t erode.’

You could have just said that. 

And thanks for ending your post with a false choice. Pretty fuuucking rad. 

For you, the only thing I don’t know is if you’re 15 or  80. Either way you’re out of your element so just tell me something conspiratorial about the fifth state or whatever and sound thoughtful. 

Edited by Juror#8

Just now, Juror#8 said:

So ... you are “offering perspective”? That’s what the kids say now for ‘flip-flopping all over the place trying to figure out a way out of a discussion without admitting that they’re stranded without a lifeline so that the precious bona fides that they’ve established over the last couple years on a sports board sub forum doesn’t erode.’

You could have just said that. 

I guess I could have. But I have a better grasp of basic sentence structure and logic... so I probably wouldn't say that. 

1 minute ago, Juror#8 said:

And thanks for ending your post with a false choice. Pretty ***** rad. 

For you, the only thing I don’t know is if you’re 15 or  80. Either way you’re out of your element so just tell me something about the fifth state or whatever and sound thoughtful. 

You've known me for years. 

Just now, Juror#8 said:

***** all you *****.

This is all you got?

Come on. 

I thought I’d see some challenge and the only thing you’re giving me is a chubby from how easy you’re opening up. 

All "you" got? 

Some of us were trying to have a conversation. But if you're just here to fight, you might want to pick your ass up off the floor (which you were just used to wipe) first. 

2 hours ago, Juror#8 said:

Trump is a liar. 

Sometimes but I don't think anywhere near the frequency as is reported or perceived.  IMO he is more often guilty of poorly describing something or his position.  He's often into  subject matter where he lacks knowledge.  He's like the used car salesman that tells his customer that the car comes with a very long warranty.  Then the customer questions why the warranty is for only 1 year to which Trump to would reply and say:  "A year is a long warranty. "  In that exchange, Trump never intended to deceive the customer.  He simply feels that a 1 year warranty is a long time - compared to nothing. 

Edited by keepthefaith
  • Like (+1) 1