Mock draft & FA (edited)

Joeziehmer

6 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Putting aside where players really will be drafted.....drafting 2 running back in the first 3 rounds just is not a good draft and makes little sense.

I can see a RB being drafted.....but not in the first 3 rounds unless we are trading down and have accumulated picks.....we have a cannon throwing QB who has NO RECEIVING WEAPONS

Or offensive line

14 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Putting aside where players really will be drafted.....drafting 2 running back in the first 3 rounds just is not a good draft and makes little sense.

I can see a RB being drafted.....but not in the first 3 rounds unless we are trading down and have accumulated picks.....we have a cannon throwing QB who has NO RECEIVING WEAPONS

Makes sense as McCoy has lost a step and Ivory isn’t getting any younger. Have to take steps for a youth movement.  Daboll is someone who likes having a power runner like Ivory and a quicker type like McCoy.  So, you’d need replacements with Bryce Love and LJ Scott for those roles.  Mitchell Wilcox is reliabile for a tight-end, and Marquise Brown is a good quick out option.  Current draft boards don’t really show conclusively what will happen.  I think in hindsight of terms although in the seventh round was thinking of Liberty Flames Tolen Avery as an undrafted rotational defensive tackle and light edge rusher or in the seventh round.  

1 hour ago, Binghamton Beast said:

Might as well get horrible mocks out of the way early.

If that would make it go away, I’d be for it. We’re in for a lot more lame brain nonsense before the draft is over. 

• Like (+1) 1

17 hours ago, Joeziehmer said:

1st Round: Bryce Love

Running back out of Stanford good speed and good body awareness and vision.

2nd Round: Sam Mustipher

Cenrer our of Notre Dame good body control and agility fighting to avoid sacks and tackles for loss at the point of attack

3rd Round: LJ Scott

Bruising running back Michigan State for short yardage situations and jumbo packages at the goal line

4th Round (2 Picks)

Jalen Jelks 

A bigger and healthier addition to the line backing and defensive end core.  Which could help ease uncertainty with Trent Murphy facing recurring injuries.  Out of University of Oregon

Mitchell Wilcox

Tight-end our of South Florida a competent replacement for Clay.  Good body awareness and a target for Allen in the clutch.  

Not in agreement with priorities in your draft and as you had no FAs listed am left wondering if you think Bills OGs and OTs are OK.

Love played in only 10 games this year and YPC were down by 45% from 8.1 in 2017 to 4.5 in 2018.  TDs were down 67% from 19 in 2017 50 6 in 2018.  You like him why?

As for Mustipher he is small, short limbed and and listed as 10th best C prospect - likely could be a priority FA signing - no way he is a 2nd rounder.

Will stop there as not even aware of other players being named here.

If we're playing the mock off-season game I want to play too! I mean, hey I have one too.

FA - I'd target  Daryl Williams from Carolina assuming his knee is healthy and give him a prove you're healthy contract, alternatively, if New England doesn't re-up with Trent Brown I'd take him too

T - Williams (CAR), Brown (NEW)

AJ Cann has the run blocking we're looking for (plus eff Marone), and DJ Fluker has had it come together in Seattle

G - Cann (JAX) or Fluker (SEA)

Not a lot of good C, but one sticks out to me and that is Brett Jones from Minn, he would be someone to go after imo.

C - Jones (MIN)

At WR there isn't a lot of star power outside of Josh Gordon and Golden Tate, I would avoid Tate, but Gordon interests me. Otherwise I think you need to look at prove it contracts and the draft for this position.

WR - Gordon (NEW), White (CHI), Bryant (OAK) all three would be prove it contracts, drugs for Gordon and Bryant and injuries for White.

At TE I'm a little less worried with Croom, but if Clay were to be let go I wouldn't be upset at this point, but if you can bring Eifert in for Allen I'm all for it.

TE - Eifert (CIN)

Draft wise I'm expecting a Top 10 pick,  anywhere from 8-10.

RD1. Greg Little OT (OLE MISS) if you can't sign either Williams or Brown. If you sign one then I'd try and trade back to 15 - 18 , Say Denver at 18 for their 1st and 3rd, then grab either AJ Brown WR (OLE MISS) or D.K. Metcalf WR (OLE MISS)

RD2. I'd be okay with Ross Pierschbacher G (BAMA) to shore up the line, unless you've addressed already then go to get Jerry Hughes (carbon copy player almost) heir apparent Joe Jackson DE (MIA) or Trayvon Mullen CB (CLEM).

RD3. Another 2 picks, Tevon Coney OLB (ND) to complete the trio with Milano and Edmunds for hopefully 8-9 years, and Gerald Willis DT (MIA) who has been as dominant and disruptive as one could be at DT this year, at one point he was leading the country in TFL as a DT.

That's how I'd attack the off-season, we'll see what happens.

57 minutes ago, Joeziehmer said:

Tried to address the line and give options for receiving out of the back field, big targets, and quick outs.  

that time is now. i've been waiting to see a two back combo of shady and ivory this year and hopefully daboll will do that and get josh used to using it when needed.

they can send shady out or hit either in the  flats or on swings....plus hand off to either....not to mention a little help in pass pro....and since allen has the best fake since boomer,

they could be unstoppable.

think about that...them in the backfield with thompson , zay and foster...

combine this with allen's ability to stretch the field, we could have a nightmare of an offense...

17 hours ago, Joeziehmer said:

1st Round: Bryce Love

Running back out of Stanford good speed and good body awareness and vision.

2nd Round: Sam Mustipher

Cenrer our of Notre Dame good body control and agility fighting to avoid sacks and tackles for loss at the point of attack

3rd Round: LJ Scott

Bruising running back Michigan State for short yardage situations and jumbo packages at the goal line

4th Round (2 Picks)

Jalen Jelks 

A bigger and healthier addition to the line backing and defensive end core.  Which could help ease uncertainty with Trent Murphy facing recurring injuries.  Out of University of Oregon

Mitchell Wilcox

Tight-end our of South Florida a competent replacement for Clay.  Good body awareness and a target for Allen in the clutch.  

There is no right answer, but this is just wrong in so many more ways i thought possible 

17 hours ago, PIZ said:

Damn he is fast.  If they can get OL and WR in free agency, I wouldn't mind Love.  I think Allen needs a RB stud.  This guy appears to have great potential.  Seems like this offense is evolving to SPEED, and this guy is FAST.

I'll see your Bryce love raise you Travis  Homer, kid does it all Miami despite terrible OL play and has home run hitter speed plus he runs angry. He'll be available in the 5th or so.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Joeziehmer said:

Makes sense as McCoy has lost a step and Ivory isn’t getting any younger. Have to take steps for a youth movement.  Daboll is someone who likes having a power runner like Ivory and a quicker type like McCoy.  So, you’d need replacements with Bryce Love and LJ Scott for those roles.  Mitchell Wilcox is reliabile for a tight-end, and Marquise Brown is a good quick out option.  Current draft boards don’t really show conclusively what will happen.  I think in hindsight of terms although in the seventh round was thinking of Liberty Flames Tolen Avery as an undrafted rotational defensive tackle and light edge rusher or in the seventh round.  

Then you are just filling holes and not getting better

there is legit receiving and o line talent available where we draft and would still be there in a trade down

running backs unless they are truly special are

avaiable in free agency

a dime a dozen 

41 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

@Joeziehmer what are your thoughts on Greedy Williams if he slips to the 3rd or 4th round? I think he’d be a good pick opposite Tre White at that point.

If he is there and Levi Wallace drops off after the season or in training camp could see it.  

1 hour ago, John from Riverside said:

there is legit receiving and o line talent available where we draft and would still be there in a trade down

avaiable in free agency

a dime a dozen 

Is McCoy a dime a dozen or a great veteran talent?  Need to start looking at re-evaluating the running back position as well and Ivory as I’ve continually stated for a power runner isn't getting any younger.

Edited by Joeziehmer

4 minutes ago, Joeziehmer said:

If he is there and Levi Wallace drops off after the season in training camp could see it.  

Is McCoy a dime a dozen or a great veteran talent?  Need to start looking at re-evaluating the running back position as well and Ivory as I’ve continually stated for a power runner isn't getting any younger.

There are no shady McCoy’s in this draft and overdrafting a rbis not going to turn him into one and we are not running the ball well because the ol sucks

5 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

There are no shady McCoy’s in this draft and overdrafting a rbis not going to turn him into one and we are not running the ball well because the ol sucks

Already addressed how to improve the offensive line; I look at it as for some the seasons over in college and they get a harder eye on them during the combine and days down to the draft.  And, not all bowl games have been played yet; if a player has a flat game his draft stock slides.  Win or lose in bowl games or playoffs being flat or replaced and it changes things.  

2 minutes ago, Joeziehmer said:

Already addressed how to improve the offensive line; I look at it as for some the seasons over in college and they get a harder eye on them during the combine and days down to the draft.  And, not all bowl games have been played yet; if a player has a flat game his draft stock slides.  Win or lose in bowl games or playoffs being flat or replaced and it changes things.  

Tell the truth: are you blushing at all the attention? 

8 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

How many more do you want? He drafted 2 guys in Little and Pierschbacher that would start tomorrow. He took 3 others in the draft. You only carry 8-9 OL. He drafted 5!!!

It's not about the quantity. I want at least 2 proven guys to be brought in for next year, and at least a couple guys in the draft. You don't know that any of those draft picks are going to be good, and we can't have another season like this where the offense and a possible franchise QB is so derailed by a trash O-line. Right now we only have one legitimate starter in Dawkins, Teller we still have to see more of. I don't honestly know if anyone else is even worth keeping as depth, that's how bad they are.

I want to see how Allen progresses when he actually has a legitimate NFL offensive line in front of him and right now we're not even close.  

Edited by HomeskillitMoorman

48 minutes ago, HomeskillitMoorman said:

It's not about the quantity. I want at least 2 proven guys to be brought in for next year, and at least a couple guys in the draft. You don't know that any of those draft picks are going to be good, and we can't have another season like this where the offense and a possible franchise QB is so derailed by a trash O-line. Right now we only have one legitimate starter in Dawkins, Teller we still have to see more of. I don't honestly know if anyone else is even worth keeping as depth, that's how bad they are.

I want to see how Allen progresses when he actually has a legitimate NFL offensive line in front of him and right now we're not even close.  

You don’t know if any draft picks are going to be good. I can say, with confidence, that Little and Pierschbacher will be starting in the NFL next year. You contradict yourself. You want proven linemen but you want them to add some in the draft. You are never going to find a proven player in the draft.

FA is where to get the OL this year. It is a solid group. Sign 2 guys (take your pick of any of the guys constantly mentioned) and go from there. If you are expecting them to keep Dawkins and get 7 new OL be prepared to be disappointed. You are looking at 2, maybe 3 guys turning over. They will sign a couple guys to play and then take a flier or 2 in the mid-rounds. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

avaiable in free agency

a dime a dozen 

Drafts are made for filling holes and Tolen Avery reminds me of Kyle Williams.  Although, not having a pedigree from an established college; could be a steady force in a role to bridge leadership and learn from Kyle how to have composure on the defensive line.  Stuffs the run and draws tackles for losses.