Anyone have a video of Allen overthrowing foster?

Hebert19

6 minutes ago, formerlyofCtown said:

How we could be pleased with his developement.  He just cant complete 100% of his passes like the other 31 QBs it's appalling.  I like you am disgusted. Peterman would have hit that throw every time.

He's a Rookie.

Not on this board.. He should be completing passes with Brees like accuracy and breaking NFL records 

4 hours ago, PearlHowardman said:

Another poster who sees Joah Allen's pass accuracy problem.

:thumbdown:

Genuine question for you - is Josh Allen's accuracy legitimately the only thing that you have to comment about?  And if so, are you actually a Bills fan?  You seem to revel so deeply in pointing out a missed throw that I have to genuinely ask if you're just a troll for another team.  If not and you just genuinely experience happiness from saying the same thing in every post, then good for you I guess.

Also...who is Joah?

5 hours ago, OrtonHearsaWho said:

Right around the 5:30 mark or so,

Thanks for the link.

Any coincidence that the next video up for me after his last pass was....

- Worst Effort Plays in Sports Compilation

?

Edited by Uncle Joe
  • Haha (+1) 1

That 3rd and 11 play on the last drive with the Throw to Jones is pretty much all that needs to be said about Allens accuracy. 

I've said this many times, I'll say it again... Josh Allen is a very accurate thrower- sometimes. 

The real issue is his consistency. He's accurate because he can make throws like the above mentioned (and some of the others shown in the video) he's inconsistant because he misses sometimes. There are guys who genuinely cannot make precise throws no matter the situation. This is not Allens problem. He just cannot do it every time.

Consistency seems easier to fix as it is a matter of addressing what factors play into the problem and helping to fix those. 

• Like (+1) 2

28 minutes ago, OrtonHearsaWho said:

Genuine question for you - is Josh Allen's accuracy legitimately the only thing that you have to comment about?  And if so, are you actually a Bills fan?  You seem to revel so deeply in pointing out a missed throw that I have to genuinely ask if you're just a troll for another team.  If not and you just genuinely experience happiness from saying the same thing in every post, then good for you I guess.

Also...who is Joah?

proof hes not a Bills fan. His teams QB is some Joah guy.

• Haha (+1) 1

14 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Not just that throw, look at the last throw of the game Allen is getting so much criticism for. He threw that football nearly 70 yards in the air AFTER running all over the field to find a throw.

And yeah, it was about 70 yards... maybe 66 to be exact.

Ball released on the 40 yard line reaches the end zone but he's throwing across the field.

Look up the dimensions of a football field for yourself and you'll discover the distance horizontally from where Allen threw it to where Clay couldn't catch it was somewhere around 23-26 yards I'd say.

40+23/26= 63/66 yards.

Clay should have come back to the ball a bit. Too bad. Allen's special.

you got to use the pythagorean theorem here bud. Your 40 inch TV isn't 25x15.

About 50 yards per your #s :) . But he was basically leaning backwards throwing at the most awkward angle spur of the moment. Impressive arm strength.

Edited by PetermanThrew5Picks

12 minutes ago, formerlyofCtown said:

proof hes not a Bills fan. His teams QB is some Joah guy.

Ha!

Regardless of whether he is or isn't a Bills fan it seems that the goal is to extinguish optimism.  I am a MASSIVE cynic about most things but don't really understand raining on someones parade for no reason.  JA is objectively fun to watch play...I think if you want to constantly give a thumbs up emoji as a response then you might need a xanax.

• Haha (+1) 1

18 hours ago, PolishPrince said:

I had a crush on Allen after Jags game. I walked away from this game in love.

With that my ONE issue of concern I have isnt even an accuracy or "he missed this one throw!". The 3rd and 11 drop/missedPI/HellOfanEffortByZay has a part that many people I feel are missing which is my "***** Josh" moment. He had I think McKenzie just under neath Zay and he was very open, had 2-3 steps on his man. I feel like it's going to be a love/hate relationship with a lot of Bills fans and overall I am fine with it, but Allen has the idea of "big play first." It's why he doesnt do many RB dump off check-downs (shouldn't we be happy after watching Edwards, EJ, and Tyrod all check it down immediately?). He will wait and take a chance that the big home run play will develop, or take the harder throw than the easier throw if it means 10 more yards on the completion. Most of the time its refreshing and I love it... but in that game situation, he needs to hit McKenzie who probably gets a first down, or at least gets it real close.

Agreed. I listened to Buscaglia & Fairburn’s podcast, and they wouldn’t shut up about the back shoulder throw to Zay on that play. Yes, it was an Aaron Rodgers type throw, but:

1. It was a very tough catch, and

2. He had a man underneath who could’ve easily picked up the first AND gotten out of bounds

#1 isn’t really a problem in and of itself, but on 3rd and 11 there, the checkdown was the way better option. A rookie is going to make mistakes, and that was one of them. 

Overall pretty happy with how Allen played though. Even though we’re no longer “in the hunt”, I’m pretty excited to watch him play down the stretch. 

• Like (+1) 1

23 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

Missing a wide open receiver and throwing a touchdown in the garbage can is not "impressive."

Deep throws like that are always going to be low percentage throws.  Both the QB and the receiver have to be exactly on the same page, and lots of things can get in the the way of making a connection.  When the QB lets go of the ball, the receiver is no where near the position where the catch is anticipated.

3 hours ago, Max Fischer said:

At 3:11, they had a 3rd and 12 at their 3 yard line, Allen threw a 22 yard rope to Jones. 

He also looked VERY accurate. 

That was an excellent throw, right on the money. All four of the passes on the last drive before the bomb and not just throwaways were very accurate balls. I don't think people realize how many poor or inaccurate passes a game even Brady or Rodgers or Ben make. I'm not of course inferring that Josh is as accurate as those guys seven games into his career. He's never going to be as accurate as Brady. But he is a strange guy, and I can't recall another like him, where his inaccurate are sometimes WAY off but the majority of the time he's right on the money.

Detractors will isolate those bad throws which are sometimes gimmes. And proponents will ignore them and mention all of the good ones, which I do. But the "completion percentage" that detractors point out are not really the same issue. He misses the same amount of makeable throws as a lot of good and great QBs. He just misses them more off, not more of them. The amount of throws right on target are equal in proportion to QBs people think are much more accurate.

• Like (+1) 1

My mind is boggled by how many "Bills" fans are trashing Allen on this board. Are these the paid protesters Trump keeps telling us about?

Seriously, there is no reason to trash him. I'm pretty sure we'd have people trashing Joe Montana in his prime here.