Dolphins 21 Bills 17 Postgame Thread

6 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Did I post perfect? I said better in that situation with the strength of his arm that is supposed to be an asset.  You like many others are making an excuse where he did everything except complete the play.  Good effort by Allen, but I want a better ball there than a wounded duck.  He bailed out of the pocket a tad early to be accurate as there was room to step up.  Clay could have made a play for him certainly, but Allen also could have made it easier for him. 

Ok... No you did no post perfect.   But you certainly said it needed to be better, implying that the pass was the issue for the incompletion.

I am not making excuses.  I'm merely pointing out that every QB makes throws that require the receiver to locate and adjust to the ball. And for ..any.. QB to complete the play (when its a pass play), they need a receiver to do their part and actually catch it.  

It was a good effort by Allen.  I think we all agree on that.  But my contention is that pass was not a wonded duck.  It traveled nearly 60 yards and was very much catchable by only one player on the entire field.

He often bails a bit early on the pocket. I completely agree.  It's one of the big things he needs to work on.  I would hope that with experience and a better O line we'll see him improve as a pocket passer.

The final thought is the primary point.  #85 needed to ..had to.. make a play for him.   Due to Allen's running around, perhaps exhaustion from running nearly a half mile throughout the game, the pass was not perfect.  It could have been better.  But.. If 85 doesn't trip over his own feet, with no one around him, concentrate as the ball hits his hands; its a catch a professional 1st string NFL player should make.   That pass was entirely catchable.  To place any of the blame on Allen is to be disingenuous to that simple fact.

1 minute ago, Dan said:

Ok... No you did no post perfect.   But you certainly said it needed to be better, implying that the pass was the issue for the incompletion.

I am not making excuses.  I'm merely pointing out that every QB makes throws that require the receiver to locate and adjust to the ball. And for ..any.. QB to complete the play (when its a pass play), they need a receiver to do their part and actually catch it.  

It was a good effort by Allen.  I think we all agree on that.  But my contention is that pass was not a wonded duck.  It traveled nearly 60 yards and was very much catchable by only one player on the entire field.

He often bails a bit early on the pocket. I completely agree.  It's one of the big things he needs to work on.  I would hope that with experience and a better O line we'll see him improve as a pocket passer.

The final thought is the primary point.  #85 needed to ..had to.. make a play for him.   Due to Allen's running around, perhaps exhaustion from running nearly a half mile throughout the game, the pass was not perfect.  It could have been better.  But.. If 85 doesn't trip over his own feet, with no one around him, concentrate as the ball hits his hands; its a catch a professional 1st string NFL player should make.   That pass was entirely catchable.  To place any of the blame on Allen is to be disingenuous to that simple fact.

I'll say it again. Clay could have made a play for him while Allen should have given him something better than a duck.  It was just that as it came out of his hand poorly as he stated himself as anyone can see. 

There's no way to anticipate a QB with Allen's arm strength throwing that kind of poor pass. It still could have been caught obviously. Both players could have done a better job here. 

2 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

I'll say it again. Clay could have made a play for him while Allen should have given him something better than a duck.  It was just that as it came out of his hand poorly as he stated himself as anyone can see. 

There's no way to anticipate a QB with Allen's arm strength throwing that kind of poor pass. It still could have been caught obviously. Both players could have done a better job here. 

I'd say the difference is Allen could of maybe thrown it better and made it easy for Clay, but Clay could of done better and caught a ball a TE is supposed to catch.