Charles Clay- the most useless player ever

NewEra

2 hours ago, Limeaid said:

Quite a bit of exaggeration.  How about Bush who in all his runs for Bills got negative yardage?  of Billy Joe who as backup did not even look at plays inserted for the game?

As my debate teacher taught me: exaggeration is the first tool of those unprepared for battle of wits.

The guys that you mentioned had 1 year and very limited opportunity to make their presence felt.  Yes, they were both useless.

clay has been of the the highest paid players at his position for several seasons.  I havent missed a game since he’s been on the team and I can literally remember 1 game in which he’s played.  He had a chance to contribute 1 thing this season by making that catch.  He failed and has continued to be useless.

maybe I should changed the title to: Charles Clay: the most forgettable 9 million dollar a year player in league history.  No one will remember this guy for anything he did on the football field 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, NewEra said:

The guys that you mentioned had 1 year and very limited opportunity to make their presence felt.  Yes, they were both useless.

clay has been of the the highest paid players at his position for several seasons.  I havent missed a game since he’s been on the team and I can literally remember 1 game in which he’s played.  He had a chance to contribute 1 thing this season by making that catch.  He failed and has continued to be useless.

maybe I should changed the title to: Charles Clay: the most forgettable 9 million dollar a year player in league history.  No one will remember this guy for anything he did on the football field 

They got one year for that one year they were washed up in body (Bush) or mind (Billy Joe).

Agree completely with that and thought it was a mistake to sign him when they did especially with that contract.

The board has become like politics recently and to get attention extremely subjects are posted.  

Sometimes I think this board is becoming like TMZ Sports looking for hits.  Was not so bad before BBMB was shutdown and the lunatics let out onto the street. :D

McBeane let Nick O’Leary go after clutch plays.  Even though he beat out Clay it was experience over raw talent.  I guess clutch drops over keeping anyone close to clutch and having Kelvin who he wanted so badly to be tied around our salary cap neck as an anchor is worth it.  McDermott lacks the intellectualism, poise, and intelligence of Anthony Lynn, Frank Reich, and Tom Coughlin.  After watching him go off on Allen earlier this season and demand DaBoll slow down the rhythm passing practices it says a lot about how Allen’s development is being wasted if he had a Harbaugh it’s a different story.  After all staying loyal to Peterman with Beane wanting him gone says that McDermott isn’t staying for year three and Beane is looking at moving beyond him even if it means more moves behind his back and cutting or letting guys like Clay and Kelvin go.  

2 minutes ago, Joeziehmer said:

After all staying loyal to Peterman with Beane wanting him gone says that McDermott isn’t staying for year three and Beane is looking at moving beyond him even if it means more moves behind his back and cutting or letting guys like Clay and Kelvin go.  

Really? Beane, who was brought in by Coach McDermott,  is looking beyond McDermott?  And McDermott  isn’t staying for year three?

This is so far fetched I expected you to include aliens kidnapped some of our staff!

21 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

Really? Beane, who was brought in by Coach McDermott,  is looking beyond McDermott?  And McDermott  isn’t staying for year three?

This is so far fetched I expected you to include aliens kidnapped some of our staff!

McDermott was going to stay loyal to Nate Peterman until he was either fired over it or Peterman got released.  The presser about having all confidence in the world as Beane was getting the paperwork ready to cut Nate kind of undermines McDermott in a good way.  If anything Beane realizes following Sean down the rabbit hole of letting O’Leary go after he beat out Clay as Nick did not fit his “process” means Beane is tired of Clappy the Repeater.  

Edited by Joeziehmer

1 minute ago, Joeziehmer said:

McDermott was going to stay loyal to Nate Peterman until he was either fired over it or Peterman got released.  The presser about having all confidence in the world as Beane was getting the paperwork ready to cut Nate kind of undermines McDermott in a good way.  If anything Beane realizes following Sean down the rabbit hole of letting O’Leary he beat out Clay go to fit his process means Beane is tired of Clappy the Repeater.  

i think you are a troubled person

I think people are giving Clay a little too much abuse.  He slipped.  Guys were slipping all day. 

He should have anticipated and come closer.  He should have judged the trajectory of the pass better.

Maybe the equipment manager should have given them longer cleats.

Maybe he didn’t want longer cleats because longer cleats would be harder on his bad knees.

I have thought for about two years that he was over rated.  I hope an upgrade is one of the higher priorities for next year.  

22 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

If it came down to saving his own skin or being tied to McDermott whose been blown out by those like Reich and Lynn of course Beane would work to save his own skin.  He’s not going into kaizen for seppuku of his own career with Sean.  

1 minute ago, Gray Beard said:

I think people are giving Clay a little too much abuse.  He slipped.  Guys were slipping all day. 

He should have anticipated and come closer.  He should have judged the trajectory of the pass better.

Maybe the equipment manager should have given them longer cleats.

Maybe he didn’t want longer cleats because longer cleats would be harder on his bad knees.

I have thought for about two years that he was over rated.  I hope an upgrade is one of the higher priorities for next year.  

We had an upgrade in Nick O’Leary but he’s in Miami.  You know the process which is basically like seppuku for fans.

31 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

...and it's only Monday..........just a couple of quick observations IMO....

1. McBeane & McDermott are assuredly here through 2019. With ten picks and FA $$$, it can be their defining moment. Realistically, some of those fruits may not be evident until 2020. If we are in the same boat in 2019 time wise as we are now, it may raise some questions of concern, but I think same time frame in 2020 is probably the better judging point.

2. Clay is gone. Tender to drive up Fins cap space backfired, expecting them to match. So we move on in 2019. Hardly was a picture of health then and is not dependable.

3. Benjabum is gone. Let him go chase OBJ type money that his thinks he should get. Sad part is some GM may take the bait. Cue up the "just needs a change of scenery" tape.

...so stay tuned...........

1 minute ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...and it's only Monday..........just a couple of quick observations IMO....

1. McBeane & McDermott are assuredly here through 2019. With ten picks and FA $$$, it can be their defining moment. Realistically, some of those fruits may not be evident until 2020. If we are in the same boat in 2019 time wise as we are now, it may raise some questions of concern, but I think same time frame in 2020 is probably the better judging point.

2. Clay is gone. Tender to drive up Fins cap space backfired, expecting them to match. So we move on in 2019. Hardly was a picture of health then and is not dependable.

3. Benjabum is gone. Let him go chase OBJ type money that his thinks he should get. Sad part is some GM may take the bait. Cue up the "just needs a change of scenery" tape.

...so stay tuned...........

Benjamin is not getting a big deal. Period.

He's not talented enough for teams to overlook his shortcomings the way they do others who constantly get paid despite little contribution.

He's looking at a one year deal in the 5 mil range.

1 minute ago, LSHMEAB said:

Benjamin is not getting a big deal. Period.

He's not talented enough for teams to overlook his shortcomings the way they do others who constantly get paid despite little contribution.

He's looking at a one year deal in the 5 mil range.

HINT: major, MAJOR sarcasm.......guy isn't worth an Earl Scheib paint job......may need to Google that......:thumbsup:

1 minute ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

HINT: major, MAJOR sarcasm.......guy isn't worth an Earl Scheib paint job......may need to Google that......:thumbsup:

This review sums up my feelings on KB;

Shop has had my vehicle for almost two months. Since Sept 19th 2016. They have very bad communication. I was told several times of the completion date(s) of my vehicle, without them keeping their word. I was then asked to submit the check from my insurance company to them and that the car was ready, Friday Nov 11th and the vehicle was still not complete upon me arriving. One unkept word after another. The body shop manager (Arti) and his righthand man (Jack) are both very misleading. They also held my vehicle due to their communication and payment errors with the insurance company, State Farm. I pay my insurance, every month with a couple of different policies. It is not my responsibilty to ensure the insurance company pays the body shop. Therefore, the body shop shouldnt punish me by holding my vehicle until payment clears with a credible insurance company. The insurance company even offered to submit immediate documentation of payment confirmation to Earl Scheib when we spoke to Jack. Jack claimed he would call the insurance company back i  agreement so that my car could be released. I also personally called Arti to confirm. I have yet to get my vehicle out. This is a terrible body shop, abd it is further more some of the worse custoner service ive ever received from any business in general. BY ALL COSTS, establish business with another body shop before you do with Earl Scheib. They are the crapiest, and in my opinions, slick oil liars at the least. Id rather walk the extra mile for my business in the future. It would be worth it.

• Haha (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

This review sums up my feelings on KB;

Shop has had my vehicle for almost two months. Since Sept 19th 2016. They have very bad communication. I was told several times of the completion date(s) of my vehicle, without them keeping their word. I was then asked to submit the check from my insurance company to them and that the car was ready, Friday Nov 11th and the vehicle was still not complete upon me arriving. One unkept word after another. The body shop manager (Arti) and his righthand man (Jack) are both very misleading. They also held my vehicle due to their communication and payment errors with the insurance company, State Farm. I pay my insurance, every month with a couple of different policies. It is not my responsibilty to ensure the insurance company pays the body shop. Therefore, the body shop shouldnt punish me by holding my vehicle until payment clears with a credible insurance company. The insurance company even offered to submit immediate documentation of payment confirmation to Earl Scheib when we spoke to Jack. Jack claimed he would call the insurance company back i  agreement so that my car could be released. I also personally called Arti to confirm. I have yet to get my vehicle out. This is a terrible body shop, abd it is further more some of the worse custoner service ive ever received from any business in general. BY ALL COSTS, establish business with another body shop before you do with Earl Scheib. They are the crapiest, and in my opinions, slick oil liars at the least. Id rather walk the extra mile for my business in the future. It would be worth it.

...Cliff Notes version sarcasm...Earl Scheib paint job a bazillion years ago was $29.95............Benjabum ain't worth THAT......or a can of Rustoleum IMO.........

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy
  • Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

When my brother got married in 1977 my father got an Earl Scheib paint job on our old station wagon so that it would look good when we showed up for the wedding.  It worked out pretty well since he didn’t care that the paint job would only look good for a couple weeks.  

• Haha (+1) 1

13 hours ago, T master said:

I wish they would have kept O'leary !!

http://www.espn.com/nfl/player/stats/_/id/14145/charles-clay

O'Leary NFL ability is encapsulated in one play.  He had a clear chance to put the game away with his second down catch and a run for the first down, and he was stopped 1 yard short.

In any event, the All-22 is damning to Clay's occasional brain farts during games.  He's seen hugging the endline for the majority of Allen's mad scramble and then slips in coming back to the ball.