Doug Marrone Not Getting Fired Per Ian Rapoport

6 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

that said, I personally think the Bills should move on from our OC this offseason. 

Odd timing. Two games ago this sentiment had legs, but did you watch the Bills against the Jets and Jags?

Bad move, the Jags need to draft a QB high up and maybe bring in a decent vet like Tyrod. They can't keep the defense together likely they will cut 2 major contracts if not 3 on the D-line. Their cap is super limited even if they let go of some of their biggest contracts they still won't be in that great of a position cap wise.

The Jags are best off rebuilding their offense and starting with a new coach as opposed to trying to hold onto the 2017 team as much as possible.

Has Daboll ever been a good OC?

It's not clear.

His offenses as OC haven't been that successful, but was that because he sucked or because it's not possible to be successful with the absolute crud he had at QB and on the rest of the roster besides.

But the fact that he kept getting OC jobs, including from some of the sharpest coaches in the world, Saban and Belichick, makes it very likely indeed that there is at least a very good argument that he was indeed a good OC hamstrung by bad talent.

1 hour ago, CLTbills said:

Like the time he won a National Championship? Literally less than a year ago?

Yup.

But that was because he had good players.

See, that's how it works. When an OC you don't like has good players, he doesn't deserve the credit for his offense having success. And when the same guy has bad players, it's not the players fault, it's the coach's fault.

Edited by Thurman#1
  • Like (+1) 1

I mean he’s been living off his defense since Buffalo.  His offenses consistently suck but maybe he’s that overseer coach type.

that said, I personally think the Bills should move on from our OC this offseason. 

I hear Nathaniel Hackett is available. 

7 hours ago, Gugny said:

I have similar concerns, and others, about McDermott.

It's THE PROCESS. We saw it a lot last year and then again the last 2 weeks. Jump ahead by 10 or so and then sit on the football. depend on the D to hold the lead. I don't see it changing, ever.

12 hours ago, Phil The Thrill said:

Rapoport is reporting that Marrone is in no danger of being fired.  I think this is atrocious and if I were a Jags fan, I’d be fuming.  I think Doug really botched this season.  How can he not be on the hot seat when a Super Bowl contender goes 3-8?  Pathetic

Hopefully Maroon takes over for Bellycheck some day :devil:

Would love to see Arians get the. Downs job.

Edited by Buffalo Barbarian