CDogg20

Who is your MVP?  

145 members have voted

1. 1. MVP

• Drew Brees
    • Patrick Mahomes
    • Todd Gurley

6 hours ago, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

If he breaks the record he's MVP highly unlikely though.. could see the Chiefs inflating padding his stats end of year to get him there tho. Like Beli did with Brady and Moss

Those last two interceptions should be taken with a grain of salt. Bad INTs especially the first. But the second was just desparation mode to win. Beats running out of bounds on a hail Mary with half time ran out Peterman style.

He needed huge plays on those drives against prevent defense and a strong pass rush on the first int. Ain't faulting him for trying, those are the better kind of turnovers if you don't just look at the final statline. Obviously all Turnovers are bad, some better than others.

I get that, and it’s not about beating the kid up.  But he’s also scrambling to score again because the Rams scored a bunch off his earlier turnovers.  

It’s just about comparing him to Brees for consideration of MVP.  These things matter and why Brees is firmly the MVP right now.  Not a bad thing to be 2nd in the MVP race in his first year starting.  

Edited by Alphadawg7

1 hour ago, Alphadawg7 said:

What does our Qb have to do with this?  LMAO, who’s talking about the Bills.  We are talking about the MVP race between Brees and Mahomes.  

What is with this board and not being able to stay on topic in a thread?  Secondly, what’s this boards obessesion with not being able to be objective?  I said over and over Mahomes is having a sensational Season.  Just because you like him doesn’t mean he gets obsolved from mistakes.  

HE LOST THE GAME.  He turned the ball over FIVE times in a 3 point loss.  He had tons of heroics in that game, but it WASNT ENOUGH to over come the mistakes that gave the Rams all those points.

Does it means he sucks?  NOPE.  It means he’s human and he’s gonna have times where he makes mistakes.  You guys treat him like he’s infallable and walks on water.

It’s ok for him to own it when he makes a mistake.  He played a hell of a game, but he also hurt his team to the point he didn’t have enough heroics left to over come it.  The kid will be fine, he’s having a great season...BUT...

...Brees is better.  Brees is the MVP.  Bress is playing perfect football.  It’s his award to lose at this point and it’s not that close

He played a hell of a game against probably the best team in NFL. Drew looks good now when he's playing on turf.. MVP votes change weekly: Mahomeboy didn't lose much, Brees didn't win much. But a win, and a loss for MVP Quarterbacks is a big deal.  But are Kamara and Ingram and the running game and the defnse make it more value than a Chiefs with an elite Quarterback having a just as good RB and a few less on D,? Most valuable player.

Don't see why Mahomeboy get knocked for losing in an offensive record to a .900 when Drew gets praised blowing out a -500 team

He turned over and he lost??? Has Brees not done and will never turn over and lose? it's homefield advantage and maybe ya don't get that in the SB ?.. But Saints got real playoff game reality, let's see the Panthers show them up. Rams basically have had away stadiums this whole season haha.

Edited by PetermanThrew5Picks

1 hour ago, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

He played a hell of a game against probably the best team in NFL. Drew looks good now when he's playing on turf.. MVP votes change weekly: Mahomeboy didn't lose much, Brees didn't win much. But a win, and a loss for MVP Quarterbacks is a big deal.  But are Kamara and Ingram and the running game and the defnse make it more value than a Chiefs with an elite Quarterback having a just as good RB and a few less on D,? Most valuable player.

Don't see why Mahomeboy get knocked for losing in an offensive record to a .900 when Drew gets praised blowing out a -500 team

He turned over and he lost??? Has Brees not done and will never turn over and lose? it's homefield advantage and maybe ya don't get that in the SB ?.. But Saints got real playoff game reality, let's see the Panthers show them up. Rams basically have had away stadiums this whole season haha.

Mahomes also was playing the worst secondary in the NFL, you left that part out.  

6 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Mahomes also was playing the worst secondary in the NFL, you left that part out.  

Mahomes put up 6 touchdowns and 478 on that Rams defense (both season highs for the Rams defense)

His problem was Aaron Donald. A true game changer and Defensive MVP. 2 forced fumbles. Enukam didn’t help either, as he was responsible for 2 interceptions. 

Donald and Ebukam we’re the difference for LA

Edited by Oldfan

11 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Falcons have a worse scoring defense, passing yards allowed than Rams. I thought saying the Rams > Falcons was enough rather than running to PFF for silly comparisons between the two.

Also MNF knocked the daylights out of those team rankings, Rams at 5 KC last by a mile. Both must have dropped like 4 spots.

Gimme Brees late season in Arrowhead. Idk their schedule but Panthers upcoming could be their biggest challenge in a while seems like.

Edited by PetermanThrew5Picks

On 11/23/2018 at 9:05 AM, NoSaint said:

Longevity was a fair concern at that point. He had a little but of a slow start to his career and then with the injury - how long would he last. The crazy thing is he might be playing his best ball ever. He’s making insane throws and outside of Thomas, it’s not a particularly good group of wr/te 

Don't discount how much Ingram and Kamara help though.  Kamara is a legit #2 target.

On 11/19/2018 at 3:22 PM, CDogg20 said:

Simple question, who is your MVP so far? 

I’m going with Brees. I think without him, that team doesn’t go like it has. If WAR were an nfl stat id love to see what his would be

i hear Josh Allen is the favorite next year.

:rolleyes:

• Haha (+1) 2

On 11/23/2018 at 8:00 AM, DCOrange said:

Brees will win, but I think Mahomes has a stronger case than people are giving him credit for. Having probably the best running game in the NFL is a huge help to Brees (though he's undeniably been incredible this year).

Anywho, I think Brees deserves it, and considering his age and the fact that he's never won, he'll get it barring a collapse down the stretch. But I think Mahomes means roughly as much to his team as Brees does to his. I'd probably go with Luck as a distant 3rd.

This is pretty much where I'm at. All things equal I'd probably go with Mahomes to this point but with the politics involved it'll be Brees.

Love the avatar by the way, I thought it was one of my favorites J-Fly for a second but I think that's CJ. Cuse bball has been bruuuutal to watch so far this season. I was expecting so much more on offense. 

45 minutes ago, HomeskillitMoorman said:

This is pretty much where I'm at. All things equal I'd probably go with Mahomes to this point but with the politics involved it'll be Brees.

Love the avatar by the way, I thought it was one of my favorites J-Fly for a second but I think that's CJ. Cuse bball has been bruuuutal to watch so far this season. I was expecting so much more on offense. 

Yeah, it's CJ. I want to see the picture of him is from one of the games against Duke or Georgetown but I don't remember for sure. I made this avatar in Photoshop a long time ago now.

And yeah, the team has been rough for sure. I thought we were being overhyped the whole time anyways, so I'm not super surprised, but it is a little disappointing to more or less look like the same team we had a year ago.

Gregg Rosenthal's Latest Take

MVP watch

1) Patrick Mahomes, QB, Kansas City Chiefs: Mahomes' performance in Oakland was his season writ small. You could nitpick his missed throws early, or you could embrace the ridiculous fireworks show he put on after that, featuring seven or eight throws no one else can make.

2) Drew Brees, QB, New Orleans Saints: One poor start should not damage Brees' candidacy. I see Brees and Mahomes as co-favorites entering the final quarter of the season, with the strongest closing kick likely to clinch the award.

3) Aaron Donald, DT, Los Angeles Rams: Saying that Donald is a legitimate MVP candidate is the trendy hot take this week. Donald has been in the top three or four names on this list for weeks, and a few more game-changing plays could give him a realistic chance to be the first defensive player to win the award since Lawrence Taylor in 1986.

4) Philip Rivers, QB, Los Angeles Chargers: It's happening. The late-career run for a title is accompanied by overdue recognition. Jump on the bandwagon before it's too late.

5) Khalil Mack, LB, Chicago Bears: There is a crazy world in which Donald could win MVP while Mack wins Defensive Player of the Year, but we do not live in that world.