Barkley should start and lose or keep the job. Nuance, emotion, morale are important.

2 minutes ago, CircleTheWagons99 said:

Thing is, the Bills have been wasting time starting TT since half way through year two but giving Barkley until he loses, maybe One more game, is a waste of time. Which is what im talking about. Not scenarios. But then again im talking to Mr Right here so.... TT cannot be bad mouthed. 

Was Josh Allen a Buffalo Bill when Tyrod was here? No.  It has nothing to do with him being bad mouthed.  Your comparison makes no sense. 

5 minutes ago, CircleTheWagons99 said:

Thing is, the Bills have been wasting time starting TT since half way through year two but giving Barkley until he loses, maybe One more game, is a waste of time. Which is what im talking about. Not scenarios. But then again im talking to Mr Right here so.... TT cannot be bad mouthed. 

...LMAO!!.....ya think?....sure Josh needs reps if 101% healthy, but no more repairs.....OR.......do you audition Barkley again as a potential 2019 back up QB signing?.....certainly will be shopping for one......no sure what the correct answer is or if it is strictly a dichotomy of opinions................

1 minute ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...LMAO!!.....ya think?....sure Josh needs reps if 101% healthy, but no more repairs.....OR.......do you audition Barkley again as a potential 2019 back up QB signing?.....certainly will be shopping for one......no sure what the correct answer is or if it is strictly a dichotomy of opinions................

Yeah sure.  That should be the priority over your franchise QB. :lol:

5 minutes ago, CircleTheWagons99 said:

again, you are making these comparisons, I'm talking about wasting time. 

There are only so many snaps left in the season and every available one should go to Josh Allen as the starter and future of the franchise. Starting Barkley takes those snaps away from Allen which wastes time that could go into shortening the learning curve.  Who gives a damn about looking at a guy who could be his backup when that's not the priority.  I'm glad the Bills are even giving that a fleeting consideration. 

1 minute ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

....you're a hindrance versus help when anybody here offers an opinion that differs from yours........

Make better points that refute mine. 

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

10 hours ago, Skins Malone said:

If you dont think hes going to suck when he plays then what's the issue.  So two or three weeks of sitting while Barkley plays is gonna magically make Josh Allen grow and develop?  You are talking  about brain development and how boos with affect Allen when there is no evidence that this is the case.

#1- The UCL injury is worrisome to me. It's not a common injury for QBs. It's a common injury for pitchers. And Allen was a pitcher. If the doctor's say it's 100% healed and no further risk of injury, this no longer concerns me.

#2- Connected with #1, our OL has been a lot worse this year than I thought they'd be. Allen was the most sacked QB in the NFL for a time there. It's part of why he got injured. There's been some improvements lately, but I think they need more time to gel.

#3- Connected with #2 and #1, while I wanted Allen to be named the starter all Summer, as I've already said, it was more because of his competition than him. I think Allen is our Franchise QB, but I also think has a bit to learn in terms of pre and post snap reads and reacting quickly to them. I don't question his ability to do it. I question whether the talent around him on offense right now is most suitable for that portion of a rookie Web's learning curve.

#4- Barkley did the pre and post snap reading last week and made quick decisions and did it successfully. Anderson might be a good mentor and might be able to preach those things, but he wasn't exactly successful in doing it, and there's something to be said for seeing it done well and up close.

#5- Barkley had a great game last week. History tells us it was a fluke, but regardless, all of the players on the Buffalo Bills saw that game up front and personal. Allen better play well against the Jags because otherwise you risk losing some guys in the locker room. Remember, even though none of us fans really think the Bills are still in the playoff race, they technically are if they win out. And with the ease of the upcoming schedule, you better believe most of the Bills players are still thinking "hey, we still have a chance!!!" If the Bills play Barkley and lose, the players will pretty much get it because of the game he had against the Jets. If McDermott goes back to Allen and he underperforms and we lose, players might not publicly question McDermott, but they will be internally.

There are other reasons... these are just some that I've already brought up, but see, it didn't boil down to gettin booed :flirt:

Edited by transplantbillsfan

21 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

#1- The UCL injury is worrisome to me. It's not a common injury for QBs. It's a common injury for pitchers. And Allen was a pitcher. If the doctor's say it's 100% healed and no further risk of injury, this no longer concerns me.

#2- Connected with #1, our OL has been a lot worse this year than I thought they'd be. Allen was the most sacked QB in the NFL for a time there. It's part of why he got injured. There's been some improvements lately, but I think they need more time to gel.

#3- Connected with #2 and #1, while I wanted Allen to be named the starter all Summer, as I've already said, it was more because of his competition than him. I think Allen is our Franchise QB, but I also think has a bit to learn in terms of pre and post snap reads and reacting quickly to them. I don't question his ability to do it. I question whether the talent around him on offense right now is most suitable for that portion of a rookie Web's learning curve.

#4- Barkley did the pre and post snap reading last week and made quick decisions and did it successfully. Anderson might be a good mentor and might be able to preach those things, but he wasn't exactly successful in doing it, and there's something to be said for seeing it done well and up close.

#5- Barkley had a great game last week. History tells us it was a fluke, but regardless, all of the players on the Buffalo Bills saw that game up front and personal. Allen better play well against the Jags because otherwise you risk losing some guys in the locker room. Remember, even though none of us fans really think the Bills are still in the playoff race, they technically are if they win out. And with the ease of the upcoming schedule, you better believe most of the Bills players are still thinking "hey, we still have a chance!!!" If the Bills play Barkley and lose, the players will pretty much get it because of the game he had against the Jets. If McDermott goes back to Allen and he underperforms and we lose, players might not publicly question McDermott, but they will be internally.

There are other reasons... these are just some that I've already brought up, but see, it didn't boil down to gettin booed :flirt:

So #1 he almost came back against the Jets seems fairly certain he'll be healthy for the Jags. Other than that it's kind of hard to debate something we don't actually know the specifics of.

#2 he only got injured off a pretty bad hit and like you said the line has been improving as the year goes on. If they were willing to put him out there with how it was before I can't see how they wouldn't be willing to do that now.

#3 They're not going to wait for them to have a better roster for him to play. He has to play with what's around him this year and all the years that follow to be a franchise QB.

#4 He's got both of them their to give him advice and he's got to go out there and try it himself and when's a better time to learn than the last games of a bad season.

#5 It doesn't matter who the QB is if they lose 1 more game they're completely eliminated and have to play the rest of the games knowing that. Also I don't think it's really all the clear that Barkley gives them a much better chance than Allen, they'll be fine. Hell McDermott didn't lose the locker room and he put Peterman out there I doubt putting Allen out there would be worse than that.

Edited by Warcodered

28 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

There are only so many snaps left in the season and every available one should go to Josh Allen as the starter and future of the franchise. Starting Barkley takes those snaps away from Allen which wastes time that could go into shortening the learning curve.  Who gives a damn about looking at a guy who could be his backup when that's not the priority.  I'm glad the Bills are even giving that a fleeting consideration. 

Make better points that refute mine. 

Allen was suppose to sit all year, so, kind of goes against everything you say. And I’m talking about the slim chance Barkley can win out and take them to the Playoffs, solidifying the back up QB postion is just a little bonus.   But, getting back to my point of wasting time, you wanted TT back which would have been a bigger waste of time then letting Allen sit a couple more games. But you know all right?

Just now, CircleTheWagons99 said:

Allen was suppose to sit all year, so, kind of goes against everything you say. And I’m talking about the slim chance Barkley can win out and take them to the Playoffs, solidifying the back up QB postion is just a little bonus.   But, getting back to my point of wasting time, you wanted TT back which would have been a bigger waste of time then letting Allen sit a couple more games. But you know all right?

No he wasn't.  He could have easily won the starting job if he had shown himself to be more ready in preseason week 3 against the Bengals. 

51 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Lets not get ahead of ourselves. The dude played an ok game, not great 

1 hour ago, transplantbillsfan said:

I still see you just talking about boos.  J/k. The injury did worry me also.  Simply because the thing about Allen is his arm strength and arm talent.  Hopefully all is well tho.

I'm just not sure about the players thinking that.  I think they understand getting Allen playing time is important for the future.

1 hour ago, NoSaint said:

Lets not get ahead of ourselves. The dude played an ok game, not great 

If I oversold it, you’re underselling it.

Barkley had that performance with just 10 days on the team... that’s pretty damn impressive.

2 TDs (3 of his passes actually resulted in TDS), 0 turnovers, 9+ YPA, 232 yards passing all in 3 quarters of play.

No, I actually don’t think I oversold that now that I think of it considering the circumstances—that was a great performance.