The Quarterback Position Going Forward

TigerJ

1 minute ago, OJ Tom said:

I'm not here to bicker, just say what I expect to happen. I think Barkley will start.

I agree with you.  I think Barkley gets to start against Jacksonville and then we see what happens from there.  I suspect there would be a lot of support for that in the locker room.  

Bills not certain of starting QB after Matt Barkley beats Jets

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/25248815/buffalo-bills-not-certain-starting-qb-matt-barkley-beats-jets

The Bills' 313 yards and four offensive touchdowns in the first half against the Jets were their most since Doug Flutie led Buffalo to 332 first-half yards in a season-ending win in 2000.

1 minute ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

Give Barkley another start. 2 weeks to prepare for the home start against the Jags...punch it up. Play him until he gives you a reason not to

3-7 says play Allen with him as the future of the franchise which we know Barkley is not. 

Just now, 26CornerBlitz said:

3-7 says play Allen with him as the future of the franchise which we know Barkley is not. 

Allen is not going anywhere and there is no rush to say that. What if Barkley just plays well and never lets up? You never know where your qb is going to come from. It doesn’t matter how you get here. It matters how you play when you are here

Just now, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

Allen is not going anywhere and there is no rush to say that. What if Barkley just plays well and never lets up? You never know where your qb is going to come from. It doesn’t matter how you get here. It matters how you play when you are here

Seriously?  

1 minute ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

Dont get Fitzpatricked again.

Just now, 26CornerBlitz said:

Seriously?  

I’m serious in that I want Barkley to play until he struggles. Allen was playing terrible before he got hurt. I don’t want to pull out the 1 guy that moved the ball and actually played well. Maybe Barkley matches up well with Dabol. Give him two weeks to prepare for Jacksonville and if he backs up today, keep him going 

4 hours ago, machine gun kelly said:

Barkley

Allen

Anderson

By Nate.  Nic guy, but not an NFL QB.  I wouldn’t even put him on the PS.  We have a week off so Anderson will be ok.  If Barkley falters, then you go back to Allen.

This is a interesting situation.   I posed this question in another thread.  Do the Bills go back to the original plan and start Barkley and let Allen learn from the sidelines or do they start Allen after the bye week? 

3 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

I’m serious in that I want Barkley to play until he struggles. Allen was playing terrible before he got hurt. I don’t want to pull out the 1 guy that moved the ball and actually played well. Maybe Barkley matches up well with Dabol. Give him two weeks to prepare for Jacksonville and if he backs up today, keep him going 

Makes zero sense to me because the team is not in playoff contention and Barkley is not the future of the franchise. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, SoCal Deek said:

Because you play to win. When, and if, Barkley plays poorly, then you let Allen play again. You’ll get ZERO push back from the locker and YOU don’t get a vote!

3-7 record. They are done for the season with regard to 2018 playoff aspirations.  The players know Josh Allen is the future of the franchise and you will see more young guys getting chances as we did today. Playing Barkley makes no sense.