Stats for 3 Bills Quartebacks. Need a Quarterbacks coach.

Kevin1778

Why is Dave Culley, a former receivers coach, with no experience as a QB coach, coaching the Bills quarterbacks. Could they not find an actual quarterback coach?

Combined 18 Turnovers.

3 Passing TD's.

4 Rushing TD's.

ALLEN

5 Touchdowns 6 Turnovers

54% Completions

832 yards Passing

155 yards Rushing

PETERMAN 

2 Touchdowns 7 Turnovers

55% Completions

297 yards Passing

49 yards Rushing

ANDERSON 

0 Touchdowns 6 Turnovers

60% Completions

465 yards Passing

-1 yards Rushing

Edited by Kevin1778

4 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

To be fair, I barely blame him at this point. I’m just hoping he’s teaching allen well with the film. The others are bums even with the greatest qb coach ever.

Why is a guy with 20 years as a receivers coach and no years as a quarterbacks coach the guy teaching Allen? They couldn't get him an actual quarterbacks coach?

10 minutes ago, billspro said:

I do believe he played QB in college at least.

In the 70s.... just look at foot work from the early 90s til now.

Is Culley a bad coach. No, is he a great QB coach? I doubt it.

Id like to see an upgrade there and Oline coach.

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, Kevin1778 said:

Why is a guy with 20 years as a receivers coach and no years as a quarterbacks coach the guy teaching Allen? They couldn't get him an actual quarterbacks coach?

I agree. I just don’t particularly blame him for peterman or Anderson’s stats 

3 hours ago, NoSaint said:

To be fair, I barely blame him at this point. I’m just hoping he’s teaching allen well with the film. The others are bums even with the greatest qb coach ever.

I don't think he's responsible for the current stats, but you can't also say he gives Allen the highest ceiling of development either. 

We desperately need someone who doesn't just understand the QB position, but is an actual teacher. Allen is too raw of a QB and too significant to the franchise to not invest in someone who can really bring him into the NFL. It arguably takes more than just a QB coach and would love to see it reflected in our OC as well, but I'm growing more and more concerned with that supporting cast.

Just now, apuszczalowski said:

Well McDermott was asked about the QB coach yesterday, and he said that as a WR he knows the passing game well and that helps the QBs basically. In other words, sounds like he thinks he is doing a good job.....

Maybe he should teach the WR's to make plays on the ball instead of standing there waiting for the ball to get there.