Midterm Election Gameday Thread

2 minutes ago, LABillzFan said:

So if someone on a football message board was discussing a player he didn't like, and, oh, let's say he wished that player suffered a spinal injury, you wouldn't find that funny, right?

I find it vile, but I'm just checking.

No, I would not find it funny for someone to suffer a spinal injury.  I know a lot of things are said in hyperbole on the Internet, including by the people who wish a broken leg on Brady, etc. They do not really wish it would happen to him, they just say they wish it would happen. That is why I expressed myself as "I do not find this funny, and here is why."  You (generic you) may find it hilarious, that does not mean I (generic I) do.

On the other hand, I am the person that rushes to see if someone hurt themselves when they trip and fall instead of laughing at the fact that they tripped and fell. 

6 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

No, I would not find it funny for someone to suffer a spinal injury.  I know a lot of things are said in hyperbole on the Internet, including by the people who wish a broken leg on Brady, etc. They do not really wish it would happen to him, they just say they wish it would happen. That is why I expressed myself as "I do not find this funny, and here is why."  You (generic you) may find it hilarious, that does not mean I (generic I) do.

On the other hand, I am the person that rushes to see if someone hurt themselves when they trip and fall instead of laughing at the fact that they tripped and fell. 

i think most people would rush over to make sure someone who tripped was alright. the key here is that the person who tripped might just laugh at themselves for being clumsy or the person who rushed over to make sure they were okay might try to offer up a bit of humor as levity to let the person know that everything is okay.

16 minutes ago, BeginnersMind said:

I think Peace is gone. His name is now Adios Folks. 

I saw him growing disgusted here last week and reached out but I don’t think he could stomach it any more. I sympathize. 

Peace Out, changing his name again. What do you think of Hastalavista?

55 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

I know it is a stance too PC for some... to find no humor in disparaging the weak(er).  I find no humor in tragedy, only sorrow. 

I'm pretty sure no one considers Crenshaw "weak(er)."

50 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

No one was disparaged, no one was bullied.

Not true.  I was most certainly disparaging.

To KA-BAR owners...  :wallbash:

57 minutes ago, BeginnersMind said:

I think Peace is gone. His name is now Adios Folks. 

I saw him growing disgusted here last week and reached out but I don’t think he could stomach it any more. I sympathize. 

Not nearly enough.  You're still here.

1 hour ago, LABillzFan said:

I genuinely can't imagine what it must be like to be blind. It has to be scary.

Yet somehow, Tibs and Peace and Coach and Greggy still manage to find their keyboards and post here, and they're blind as schitt.

NFL referees seem to get by just fine without eyesight (sorry BG).

On 1/13/2019 at 6:03 AM, BeginnersMind said:

Make this board better. 

If it's not good enough then why do you frequent?  I am glad I block you but I see others reply and just have to ask... If it's so bad that you cry for Mommy and Daddy all the time and also proclaim it needs to be better than why are you here?  You add nothing when you're here except a fly on the wall at least to a bug in the ear buzzing with just noise.

1 hour ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Well that's embarrassing. But I'd love for the Mossad to have her on a list.

Why?  Are you barking for a war with Israel?

We'd be 100% obligated to go the war with them if their intelligence services targeted a member of Congress for assassination, Joe.

So congratulations on your desire to see the United States fling itself into war with one of it's allies over a moron like Rashida Tlaib, I guess?

16 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

Why?  Are you barking for a war with Israel?

We'd be 100% obligated to go the war with them if their intelligence services targeted a member of Congress for assassination, Joe.

So congratulations on your desire to see the United States fling itself into war with one of it's allies over a moron like Rashida Tlaib, I guess?

I"m not looking for them to KILL her.

I'm looking for them to frighten her into silence.

The garbage she spews is dangerous. It's anti-semitic filth, and has no place in this society.

1 minute ago, Joe in Winslow said:

I"m not looking for them to KILL her.

I'm looking for them to frighten her into silence.

The garbage she spews is dangerous. It's anti-semitic filth, and has no place in this society.

That's insane, Joe.

You're arguing for a foreign government to restrict the freedom of speech of a member of Congress through threats of violence.

That's an act of war, Joe.

The US would be obligated to respond.

This is one of the worse opinions I've seen you argue.

Just now, TakeYouToTasker said:

That's insane, Joe.

Not half as insane as someone in this country supporting the rights of someone who's a Jew-hating supporter of Hamas IN OUR BLOODY CONGRESS.

She's a national disgrace, and NEEDS to be silenced.

4 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Not half as insane as someone in this country supporting the rights of someone who's a Jew-hating supporter of Hamas IN OUR BLOODY CONGRESS.

She's a national disgrace, and NEEDS to be silenced.

Rights are rights, Joe, not permissions and privileges.

The right to hold and espouse good and moral opinions is the same as the right to espouse bad and immoral opinions.  They are two sides of the same coin, and you cannot have one without the other.

We are, once again, revisiting your desire to have an official government ministry of truth which is vested with the power to criminalize thought and speech.  This is no different, in any way, than the campus SJWs seeking to silence conservatives over what they deem to be "hate speech".

• Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

Rights are rights, Joe, not permissions and privileges.

The right to hold and espouse good and moral opinions is the same as the right to espouse bad and immoral opinions.  They are two sides of the same coin, and you cannot have one without the other.

We are, once again, revisiting your desire to have an official government ministry of truth which is vested with the power to criminalize thought and speech.  This is no different, in any way, than the campus SJWs seeking to silence conservatives over what they deem to be "hate speech".

Well, you can't have rights without responsibility, and this is yet ANOTHER example of why allowing mass-migration of muslims into this country is a BAD idea. Let people with bad opinions in, they get involved in government, and spread their bad opinions like a disease.