Can the Bills Successfully Complete Single Digit Bingo?

Without researching NFL history, I'm pretty confident no team has ever successfully completed Single Digit Bingo in a single season.  We've got a real shot!

Zero - Check!

Two - Difficult, not impossible.

Three - Check!

Four - Really, really difficult.  Jets are probably are best chance.

Five - Check!!

Six - Check!

Seven - How is this not already a thing?  Total lock.

Eight - Blowout, late touchdown and successful two point conversion (difficult, not impossible).

Nine - Check! 

Seven games to cover four "squares".  Let's get 'r done!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

11 minutes ago, TaskersGhost said:

1 point is possible too.  One team nearly got a 1-pt. safety a week or two ago.  

Apparently it was our game;  https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/10/30/patriots-bills-game-nearly-had-the-first-one-point-safety-in-nfl-history/

Is a blocked PAT that is caught in the air and returned by the defending team a 1pt score?

You would think it would be.

Just checked, it's 2pts on the block and return.  I find that odd that they would give them 2pts on a 1pt try.

Edited by The Wiz

10 minutes ago, Dan Darragh said:

I think you need a touchdown to get a 1 point safety or a REALLY BIG sack on a 2 point try

Did you read the link?  

That explains it.  

Edited by TaskersGhost

34 minutes ago, st pete gogolak said:

Without researching NFL history, I'm pretty confident no team has ever successfully completed Single Digit Bingo in a single season.  We've got a real shot!

Zero - Check!

Two - Difficult, not impossible.

Three - Check!

Four - Really, really difficult.  Jets are probably are best chance.

Five - Check!!

Six - Check!

Seven - How is this not already a thing?  Total lock.

Eight - Blowout, late touchdown and successful two point conversion (difficult, not impossible).

Nine - Check! 

Seven games to cover four "squares".  Let's get 'r done!

Seven is going to be the most difficult because a FG and two safeties is pretty rare.  I just assume you aren't talking about a TD because that would just be insane.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 5

17 minutes ago, TaskersGhost said:

Apparently it was our game;  https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/10/30/patriots-bills-game-nearly-had-the-first-one-point-safety-in-nfl-history/

By the look of it that would mean we would have to score a TD. So looks like no team could ever score just one point in a game.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, TaskersGhost said:

Thanks.  Interesting.

34 minutes ago, TaskersGhost said:

Yeah, no problem, but someone else corrected me, obviously you can't merely get 1 point, you'd need 6 first.  

no, the scoring team might lose 80 yards and surrender a "safety" in it's own EZ for a single point for the D.

i used to think this impossible, but in 2018 anything magical is possible while watching a Bills game

• Thank you (+1) 1