NFL Individual Awards & Predictions at the Mid-Season Mark

2018 NFL Midseason Predictions: MVP, Rookie of the Year, More

With the 2018 NFL season at its midpoint, our analysts revisit their preseason predictions on individual award winners. Check back later this week for playoff and Super Bowl picks.

2018 NFL Midseason Awards, Super Bowl picks: Patrick Mahomes almost unanimous MVP, Saquon Barkley ROY

The CBS NFL staff takes another crack at predicting the Super Bowl champs and award winners for the 2018 season

Prior to the start of the 2018 NFL season, your friends here at CBS Sports set out to predict the winners of all the major NFL awards. We picked our Super Bowl winners, our MVPs, our rookies and coaches of the year, etc. But it's been eight weeks! It's time to run things back and do it all over again.

This round of predictions from Pete Prisco, Will Brinson, John Breech, Ryan Wilson, Sean Wagner-McGough and myself looks quite a bit different than it did the first time around. Aaron Rodgers doesn't get any votes for MVP. The names of David Johnson, Le'Veon Bell, and Ezekiel Elliott are erased from the document entirely. The same applies to Kyle Shanahan, Bill O'Brien, Bradley Chubb, and Allen Robinson.

We don’t have all the stories straight at the season’s halfway mark, though certain things are starting to become apparent. The Rams and Chiefs look to be on a collision course to the Super Bowl, and the Browns are once again an unintentionally hilarious disaster. The Giants and Raiders are collapsing, while the Patriots once again show that they are the league’s object lesson when it comes to franchise consistency.

All kinds of things can and will happen in the second half of the 2018 season to surprise and disappoint, but here are our awards for the first half of the 2018 NFL season.

22 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

We don’t have all the stories straight at the season’s halfway mark, though certain things are starting to become apparent. The Rams and Chiefs look to be on a collision course to the Super Bowl, and the Browns are once again an unintentionally hilarious disaster. The Giants and Raiders are collapsing, while the Patriots once again show that they are the league’s object lesson when it comes to franchise consistency.

All kinds of things can and will happen in the second half of the 2018 season to surprise and disappoint, but here are our awards for the first half of the 2018 NFL season.

If it's a close game Belichick will make Andy Reid blink 3 times in the last 2 minutes when they meet in the playoffs.

• Thank you (+1) 1

7 hours ago, row_33 said:

If it's a close game Belichick will make Andy Reid blink 3 times in the last 2 minutes when they meet in the playoffs.

No doubt about it. I think the Rams are legit though, right now I see them vs. Pats in the SB.

"NFL Individual Award Predictions at the Mid-Season Mark"

Aww, I missed the NFL Individual Award Predictions at the Quarter Mark.

A week by week prognostication NFL Award Predictions committee is only a matter of time.

The Nostadamus Football League Seersayers (NFLSERS ?)

tenor.gif?itemid=5502097

Edited by I am the egg man

Only thing I may switch would be Brees as MVP. Mahomes is special don’t get me wrong but the Chiefs have faired just fine with Alex Smith at the helm and if he were there this season i’m not so sure their record would be that different. The Saints without Brees on the other hand would not be pretty. Plus isn’t it about time Brees gets the MVP he deserves? 

Commitment to process award : Coach McDermott

Clapping through adversity award: Coach McDermott

Creating adversity to overcome : Nate Peterman

Best QB performance for QB not on any Roster in September : Derek Anderson

There are many awards the Bills could win, if the award givers could just be more creative. 

• Sad 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

• 26CornerBlitz changed the title to NFL Individual Awards & Predictions at the Mid-Season Mark

We have reached the halfway point of the season, which means it is time to see which rookies have played the best with the PFF Midseason All-Rookie Team. For some positions like running back and cornerback, there was a lot of worthy players who just missed out. For others, some players made the team by default of being the only player with significant playing time.

This team comes from our exhaustive All-22 review processes and the play-by-play grading of every player on every play of every game, which gives you the most comprehensive analysis in the industry. If you’d like to compile your own rookie All-Pro team, you can do so with PFF Elite, where you can find several signature statistics for every offensive and defensive position in football, thanks to Premium Stats 2.0.

As always, we will match the All-Pro system when it comes to offensive and defensive formation, with a flex player for both sides of the ball that can be either a receiver, slot weapon, tight end or running back on offense, and anybody in the defensive secondary on defense.

1 hour ago, PlayoffsPlease said:

Commitment to process award : Coach McDermott

Clapping through adversity award: Coach McDermott

Creating adversity to overcome : Nate Peterman

Best QB performance for QB not on any Roster in September : Derek Anderson

There are many awards the Bills could win, if the award givers could just be more creative. 

[this all too shall pass]  repeat 10,000,000 times for your Bills fan lifetime

9 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Sure...make fun now, but when we’re 10-6 and getting ready for a home playoff game in January....?

10 wins total by 2022?