NFL Individual Awards & Predictions at the Mid-Season Mark

SBLIII predictions: Rams, Pats on collision course?

With the 2018 NFL season at its midpoint, our analysts revisit/revise their preseason award winners, playoff predictions and Super Bowl picks.

1 hour ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Just like last year. ;)

You can't believe for a second that the league and Mr. Riveron didn't help them get to the super bowl do you ?

With how many bull ***** calls that went in their favor from the league office against the Steelers, Jests, Chargers, Bills etc ... Are you blind or do you really think the league is legit ?

1 minute ago, frostbitmic said:

You can't believe for a second that the league and Mr. Riveron didn't help them get to the super bowl do you ?

With how many bull ***** calls that went in their favor from the league office against the Steelers, Jests, Chargers, Bills etc ... Are you blind or do you really think the league is legit ?

You should stop watching if you believe in such conspiracy theories that make it like the WWE.  The calls didn't go their way against the Eagles in the Super Bowl. 

Just now, 26CornerBlitz said:

You should stop watching if you believe in such conspiracy theories that make it like the WWE.  The calls didn't go their way against the Eagles in the Super Bowl. 

Too many people were watching ... And yes I've believed that the NFL is WWE esque for years now ...  WWE Fans know it isn't legit too, they still watch anyway.

2 minutes ago, frostbitmic said:

Too many people were watching ... And yes I've believed that the NFL is WWE esque for years now ...  WWE Fans know it isn't legit too, they still watch anyway.

Do the owners, GMs, coaches, and players know about these scripted outcomes?

51b8e89ceab8eaa87d000009-750-562.jpg

NFL on CBS analysts nearly unanimous on Patrick Mahomes as 2018 midseason MVP

You don't win NFL MVP by playing just half a season.

But you certainly put yourself into the MVP conversation by playing great football for half a season, and plenty of big names have done just that in 2018, from gaudy-number quarterbacks like the Kansas City Chiefs' Patrick Mahomes and Los Angeles Rams' Jared Goff to all-purpose stars like Rams running back Todd Gurley and record-setting wideouts like the Minnesota Vikings' Adam Thielen.

Only two of those names have garnered MVP consideration from the NFL on CBS crew midway through the season, however, and one of them is an almost-unanimous favorite. You can probably guess who it is, and there is a good chance he wins it when the season ends.
Edited by 26CornerBlitz

Barnwell's NFL Midseason Awards: Picks for MVP, Best Plays, More

We've reached the halfway point of the NFL campaign, which means it's midseason awards time. I handed out quarter-season awards after Week 4, and just like last time, I'm trying to use my best judgment on who should win the award based on the criteria typically set by the voters. I'll mention those quirks as we get involved, but in some cases, I'll have to break from tradition if I feel like there's a player deserving of further attention.

Like last time, I'll be listing my top three candidates for the league's major awards, which are officially handed out by the Associated Press. I'll also be giving nods for several awards I'm making up, many of which owe a research debt to the NFL's Next Gen Stats and player-tracking data. Let's begin, though, by running through the options for Coach of the Year:

COY | CPOY | DROY | OROY | DPOY | OPOY | MVP