Report: Cowboys may have interest in trading for KB

YoloinOhio

2 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Yeah but you are looking past Allen to the next QB.

I'm not assuming failure with Allen.

I'm not. I am assuming he isn't going to get to play more than another 5 games maximum this season though and I don't think Benjamin is gonna help at all in knowing what we have with Allen. 

I don't give them a pass for spending draft picks on him either. It was a mistake. I don't see any reason to keep the mistake around though if people are offering you something. There is no way the Bills are signing Benjamin after this year, our rookie QB is hurt and is going to miss more than 2 or 3 games and our season is dead. I'd take what I could get for KB now and call the whole thing a bad job. 

Edited by GunnerBill

2 hours ago, T master said:

Get something for him we can't get anything for him on the field then maybe they will have the brains to bring back Reilly at least that kid has some heart !! 

OMG make it stop with the Brandon Reilly nonsense!!!!  There is no try-hard white guy who is going to come and save the season.  ENOUGH.

19 hours ago, BringBackOrton said:

Right. He's just a lazy WR, who gets no separation, who doesn't know the playbook, and takes plays off like he's Terrell Owens.

But nah, not a useless POS.  Just a close to useless POS.  An interesting hill.

KB is a WR suited for one purpose, making contested catches. He will thrive in a system where he can be WR2/3 and will absolutely be used like a TE on third downs and in the red zone. He is not a WR1 who can line up against the best DBs in the league week in and week out and expect the likes of our QB roster to deliver him a catchable ball. 

While I'm indifferent to keeping him, I do believe he will be a very useful offensive tool should we go get our WR1 in FA or the draft, the latter being more likely. Keep Zay as our WR3 and he'll fit right into the slot role and excel in something of familiarity. 

Once we have a QB (whether it be Allen or not) who can make accurate throws on time, you'll see our passing attack develop into a competitor. Given the increase of emphasis on passing in the league, there's no reason we shouldn't treat the WR position like we do DBs in every draft. We did it this last year with Ray Ray, Proehl, and Foster as undrafted. Didn't pan out this year, but still worth the strategy in a pass first league.

14 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Guess they Settled for Amari over kbenj...

Idk if "settled" is the right term, considering they gave up their 2019 1st for Terrell Owens 2.0, but hey, we could always get their second for KB then and see if Jerry wants to build us a new stadium too based on observation of this Cooper trade.

Edited by ctk232
  • Haha (+1) 1