Going Through WORST Possible Scenario With Allen

Just now, Rocbillsfan1 said:

This isn’t Madden you don’t get to pick 10 top qbs in back to back years while giving up mult assests for one of them. Your feelings don’t get to change reality. 

Ooo no thanks for the obvious this isnt Madden. And What was the condition I cited as picking another QB in 2019?  Has that condition been met?  

Just now, MAJBobby said:

So does he need surgery?  Then my statement st this time is moot isnt it. 

So go back to trying to call someone else out on how something isnt Madden 

Even if he gets surgery there is no way they are picking a QB early next year unless you think 3rd round is early. 

3 hours ago, Rocbillsfan1 said:

This isn’t Madden you don’t get to pick 10 top qbs in back to back years while giving up mult assests for one of them. Your feelings don’t get to change reality. 

Giving up multiple assets was stupid; no reason not to take another QB; it won't happen but it should.

You'll see what I mean in another year, and then you'll wish we had taken another QB when we picked top 3 in the 2019 draft.

Its possible this is 2013-2014 with EJ Manuel all over again.

Project QB, garbage QB's on the roster, not impressive in the games he'd played outside of one (EJ-Carolina, Allen-Minnesota), hurt midseason, not impressive, team invests in WR to "help" young QB, young QB still sucks and is benched 4 games into second year for a veteran QB who was talked out of retirement.  

• Like (+1) 1

22 hours ago, dave mcbride said:

He played well in 2014 in backup duty, and it wasn't that long ago. So there is that! https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/A/AndeDe00/gamelog/2014/

Seems like a ridiculously small sample size however, he only played one game in which he had a meaningful number of snaps, guessing garbage time the rest.  

Either way, that one game was agianst the 28th ranked passing D of the Bucs.  Not sure I want to rely on that.  He hasn't played since last season and wasn't exactly keeping hiimself in game shape this offseason and he hasn't taken any kind of meaningful number of snaps in nearly a decade.  

17 hours ago, Fadingpain said:

Giving up multiple assets was stupid; no reason not to take another QB; it won't happen but it should.

You'll see what I mean in another year, and then you'll wish we had taken another QB when we picked top 3 in the 2019 draft.

I get it, fans just want what may be best for the team but this isn’t how Gms get their jobs and retain them when selling a plan to their owner. 

Edited by Rocbillsfan1

21 hours ago, cba fan said:

Good info you provide here and I agree with most of it. Good questions.

I hear this often that many fans would like to just tailgate and stay in lot to watch game on TV.

I don't get that. Tickets for Bills are not expensive and you can get real good deals. You do not need to drink all game long and eat all game long as you can fill up at the tailgate. I would do both and just be frugal inside stadium and use that as my protest of a poor product I guess.

I suppose, to each his own.  I got tired tho of being irritated/frustrated/dejected while attending games and had trouble paying to end up that way.  Seriously, I'd rather just relax in the lot in a reclining chair and if things become unbearable, pack up and head home.  You wouldn't have to eat and drink all game anymore than you would at home.  

Buffalo is a tailgater's heaven, best in the league IMO and I've seen many.  I've not seen Lambeau where I heard it's also great, but I've been to many others that don't even come close to comparing.  This talk of a downtown stadium, besides the notion that there isn't going to be a new stadium, would be the worst idea for Buffalo ever.  

It may fit Pegula's model for a downtown One Buffalo "kingdom" of sorts with his personal stamp on it, but it moves things even closer to lake-effect snow and would necessarily forever alter tailgating as we now know it as Bills fans, due to far more limited parking, which is currently and always has been an enormous part of the draw to games.  

Ask yourself, do you see attendance as high as it is if tailgating as we now have it at OP is removed?  I don't, not by a country mile.  And polls have continually shown that game attendees consider the tailgating at OP to be just as important as the game itself.  

A losing team playing incompetent football sans any great tailgating to me is hardly a recipe for future attendance.  Like I said, no new stadium is even realistic in Buffalo, just sayin' in relation to your comment on tailgating.  

1 hour ago, TaskersGhost said:

Seems like a ridiculously small sample size however, he only played one game in which he had a meaningful number of snaps, guessing garbage time the rest.  

Either way, that one game was agianst the 28th ranked passing D of the Bucs.  Not sure I want to rely on that.  He hasn't played since last season and wasn't exactly keeping hiimself in game shape this offseason and he hasn't taken any kind of meaningful number of snaps in nearly a decade.  

Believe me, I'm not expecting much.

1 hour ago, TaskersGhost said:

I suppose, to each his own.  I got tired tho of being irritated/frustrated/dejected while attending games and had trouble paying to end up that way.  Seriously, I'd rather just relax in the lot in a reclining chair and if things become unbearable, pack up and head home.  You wouldn't have to eat and drink all game anymore than you would at home.  

Buffalo is a tailgater's heaven, best in the league IMO and I've seen many.  I've not seen Lambeau where I heard it's also great, but I've been to many others that don't even come close to comparing.  This talk of a downtown stadium, besides the notion that there isn't going to be a new stadium, would be the worst idea for Buffalo ever.  

It may fit Pegula's model for a downtown One Buffalo "kingdom" of sorts with his personal stamp on it, but it moves things even closer to lake-effect snow and would necessarily forever alter tailgating as we now know it as Bills fans, due to far more limited parking, which is currently and always has been an enormous part of the draw to games.  

Ask yourself, do you see attendance as high as it is if tailgating as we now have it at OP is removed?  I don't, not by a country mile.  And polls have continually shown that game attendees consider the tailgating at OP to be just as important as the game itself.  

A losing team playing incompetent football sans any great tailgating to me is hardly a recipe for future attendance.  Like I said, no new stadium is even realistic in Buffalo, just sayin' in relation to your comment on tailgating.  

The lake effect snow is actually right smack dab in Orchard Park and even further south. Not downtown Buffalo. There would be plenty of places to party pregame and a covered stadium would open things up to a more upscale fan. Not that it’s going to happen anytime soon, but a new downtown stadium wouldn’t be the apocalypse you make it out to be. 

On 10/16/2018 at 12:52 PM, Fadingpain said:

Why don't you voice your frustration at the Bills, and not BuffaloBaumer?

He didn't create this mess.  The Bills did.

I find the many fans here who would enthusiastically stand and die on the myriad mistakes that comprise Bills Mountain to be really strange and confusing, though interesting.

If that's true, his injury could be the greatest piece of dumb luck this organization has enjoyed in a long time.

Especially if he is going to have that surgery and miss substantial time, if not the rest of the season.  I don't know how long he might be out.

If that's the case, and we are looking at a QB tandem of Nate and the Old Man, we may not win another game.

That's perfect for drafting a QB.

Let's just pray the kid in Oregon comes out.

And you wonder why you get called out in your posts.....yes an injury is "dumb luck"

Guest K-GunJimKelly12
56 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

This is so laughable......the man took his team to the playoffs last year for the first time in 17 years

He is not going ANYWHERE.....at least not this year or next

That was true before he bungled the QB situation as badly as he possibly could.  I thought after ending the drought he would get a full 4 years but depending on how the rest of the season goes, I could see McDermott being gone after the season.  Also I don't necessarily think that means Beane would be gone too.

I honestly think right now it is close to 50/50 whether we keep McDermott or not and like I said it depends on how the rest of the season goes.  If we finish say 4-12 with the offense looking this bad all season I think he is gone.

This whole thing was just done so badly from the get go.  It is exactly the opposite of what any credible NFL front office person would say to do when drafting a potential franchise QB early in the draft.  They did not make offense a priority in free agency and what we have now would put any QB in a tough position.  But come on, you draft Josh Allen who everyone whether they liked him or not would say is a raw prospect and go into the season with Nate Peterman as the only other QB on the roster?  A total of one start in the NFL between them and in that one start Peterman had to be pulled after a historically bad 5 interception first half. 

Looking at this mess now, how can the current state of the offense and QB situation not shake the confidence Pegula has in McBeane.  It is a total embarrassment.  McDermott has let Peterman embarrass him 3 times and I am sure Pegula is getting pretty tired of his teams making national headlines only when they do embarrassing things.  McDermott til this day leaves himself open by having Peterman on the roster.

McDermott has gone out of his way to try and make Peterman the starting QB of this team to his own peril.  McDermott was looking for a reason to make Peterman the stater and a preseason that good teams now consider meaningless was all the excuse he needed.  Our defense looks great but that can only take you so far in today's NFL.  I expect that defense is going to have some rough days when the go up against the better QB's and our offense can't get a first down.  We might end up having the worst offense in the NFL in a decade or longer.  If that happens nobody should be safe.

Edited by K-GunJimKelly12

4 minutes ago, K-GunJimKelly12 said:

That was true before he bungled the QB situation as badly as he possibly could.  I thought after ending the drought he would get a full 4 years but depending on how the rest of the season goes, I could see McDermotte being gone after the season.  Also I don't necessarily think that means Beane would be gone too.

I honestly think right now it is close to 50/50 whether we keep McDermotte or not and like I said it depends on how the rest of the season goes.  If we finish say 4-12 with the offense looking this bad all season I think he is gone.

This whole thing was just done so badly from the get go.  It is exactly the opposite of what any credible NFL front office person would say to do when drafting a potential franchise QB early in the draft.  They did not make offense a priority in free agency and what we have now would put any QB in a tough position.  But come on, you draft Josh Allen who everyone whether they liked him or not would say is a raw prospect and go into the season with Nate Peterman as the only other QB on the roster?  A total of one start in the NFL between them and in that one start Peterman had to be pulled after a historically bad 5 interception first half. 

Looking at this mess now, how can the current state of the offense and QB situation not shake the confidence Pegula has in McBeane.  It is a total embarrassment.  McDermotte has let Peterman embarrass him 3 times and I am sure Pegula is getting pretty tired of his teams making national headlines only when they do embarrassing things.  McDermotte til this day leaves himself open by having Peterman on the roster.

McDermotte has gone out of his way to try and make Peterman the starting QB of this team to his own peril.  McDermotte was looking for a reason to make Peterman the stater and a preseason that good teams now consider meaningless was all the excuse he needed.  Our defense looks great but that can only take you so far in today's NFL.  I expect that defense is going to have some rough days when the go up against the better QB's and our offense can't get a first down.  We might end up having the worst offense in the NFL in a decade or longer.  If that happens nobody should be safe.

hard to take the post of a guy who can't spell "McDermott" correctly seriously.

Guest K-GunJimKelly12
1 minute ago, joesixpack said:

hard to take the post of a guy who can't spell "McDermott" correctly seriously.

I'll take the e's off.  I have spelled it correctly in many posts before and don't know why I added the e now.  If you want to discredit me based on that it is your problem.

Just now, K-GunJimKelly12 said:

I'll take the e's off.  I have spelled it correctly in many posts before and don't know why I added the e now.  If you want to discredit me based on that it is your problem.

Well, that's not the ONLY reason I'm discrediting it. Just the easiest one.

There is ZERO chance McDermott's being fired after this year. That's all just a fantasy of the people who never liked him to begin with.