Going Through WORST Possible Scenario With Allen

On 10/17/2018 at 1:49 PM, Rocbillsfan1 said:

This isn’t Madden you don’t get to pick 10 top qbs in back to back years while giving up mult assests for one of them. Your feelings don’t get to change reality. 

the pats have had brady forever and they pick em often.......like jimmy g in the 2nd?

On 10/18/2018 at 1:58 PM, joesixpack said:

Really. Well, if you think back to pre-season, which of the three QBs had the best look over the pre-season?

Peterman.

Look, I get it. The dude sucks. But if you look at it through that lens, it makes some kind of sense.

everybody has their own level of beef with nate, but if he were picked higher....like say first round, he would have been give a handful of straight games and all the picks would be rookie hiccups.  but instead it's  tar and feather.  i think if they 86 nate and he goes else where, it will be another example of how this org. has built it's brand on ruining young qbs.

3 hours ago, hondo in seattle said:

Maybe.  Josh has looked a little lost at times.  Overwhelmed even.  

More time in the film room will help him diagnose defenses.  That'll lead to more confidence and quicker decisions.  

He shouldn't be allowed back on the field until he can make a good pre-snap read 19 times out of 20.  

i think the headset on the sideline will do him a world of good. blessing in disguise.

14 hours ago, billsredneck1 said:

on the other hand...the one you're not sitting on.....they shed some bad contracts and avoided overpaying guys who didn't wanna be here.

they are bearing through almost 60 mil. in dead money this year.....twice as much as the nearest team.

they have 10 picks in the next draft and by the time that gets here we may have 2 picks in each of the first 3 if not 4 rounds.

they will have 90 mil.? in cap space to add free agents.

so...take a deep breath.....actually what you described above is what happened for 3 yr.s under whaley.....and russ.

edit: sorry if this has been pointed out. i didn't read through all the posts.

That money can easily vaporize on three or four players, especially the way that the franchise has done it.  And a few more Lotolulei's and it'll be gone, for nothing.  

As to 2 picks in each of the first three rounds, please, tell us how they're going to get those?  

5 hours ago, billsredneck1 said:

the pats have had brady forever and they pick em often.......like jimmy g in the 2nd?

Technically speaking if some qb were to fall for some crazy reason to the second round beane might be able to spin that the value was just to high to pass but that would be a rare situation since more and more teams are picking qbs before where their current talent is. I’m mostly talking about people who think the bills are going to be taking a qb with their top pick because that guy will be a for sure franchise qb which Allen isn’t. That simply doesn’t happen in the nfl. Also comparing the bills position to the patriots is apples to organes. The patriots can and should be picking a qb of their liking when they get the chance because they don’t have to start them right away and it allows them to learn their system with a hall of fame vet that is closer to retiring then beginning their career. You can’t just keep picking top qbs every year until you think you got it right. If that’s the plan you’re pitching to the owner then the owner might as well get any drunk fan to come off the street and be the gm. 

17 hours ago, Mat68 said:

I disagree.  He got some much needed game experiance.  You can see the physical ability.  Also you can see the areas he needs to work on.  At this point of the year Allen would just be playing and trying to make things happen for an offense that lacks play makers.  The injury in my estimation is a blessing.  He can watch and see what decisions Anderson makes and why.  Pick up somethings and know how to better attack when he is back in there. 

If Anderson's decisions are worth watching ... we're not talking Aaron Rodgers here.

All of the Rookie QB's have had their ups and downs this season. I was a huge Rosen proponent and look at how terrible he was on Thursday night, after all the pundits said how much better of a position he was put in than any other rookie. Mayfield has looked the best so far, followed by Darnold and then Allen. I don't think the kid is ruined just yet and he has shown his toughness and athleticism we just need to build around that.

I have to laugh at these threads. No matter who we would have picked, they clearly would've struggled. They are ALL currently struggling. Which means you can take Josh Allen's name out and insert any of the other names and these are the same threads we'd have, no matter who it was. Mayfield gonna bust, too small. Darnold gonna bust, weak arm, USC. Rosen gonna bust bad attitude, Jay Cutler.

Blah. Blah. Blah.

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Looper said:

If Anderson's decisions are worth watching ... we're not talking Aaron Rodgers here.

True but watching a play develop and thinking I would do this or that.  Kind of resets the year for him.