Democratic 2020 Presidential Primary Thread

snafu

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

They're going to be forced to run Buttigieg. Warren's tanking post releasing her plan's price tag. Joe's got Ukraine/China problems. 

Buttigieg is gay and a vet, his numbers are going up more than anyone else's the past two weeks... 

And if they run him -- there's a chance Trump takes 48 states.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Deranged Rhino said:

They're going to be forced to run Buttigieg. Warren's tanking post releasing her plan's price tag. Joe's got Ukraine/China problems. 

Buttigieg is gay and a vet, his numbers are going up more than anyone else's the past two weeks... 

And if they run him -- there's a chance Trump takes 48 states.

If they run him they lose the black vote as well as a big portion of the Hispanic/Latino vote. I could see him as a VP candidate. I'm not sure how that would shake out with minority voters. 

On the other hand, if Lizzie picks up Yang, Bernie, Harris supporters when they drop (unless Bernie is bringing it to a floor vote this time? After all, how many houses does he need?) she could be closing in on 50%. 

Either way, the Democrats are dead in the water if one of those three (Buttigieg, Bernie, or Lizzie) are the candidate. Apparently, that Wall Street article about corporate donations running from Lizzie Warren has some basis in fact.  While money isn't everything (see: 2016), it certainly doesn't hurt. 

Joey-B was their only hope. And, it isn't looking good for him.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

Wow. Biden is schitting the bed. Harris is living in Iowa and she can't out-poll Klobluchar?

What a schittshow.

Bring it on, Fauxcahontas! Nothing would be funnier than watching the left candidate lose the popular vote to Trump. I suspect at that point they'd start explaining how the only votes that matter are in NY and CA, and all other states should turn in their electoral votes.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, IDBillzFan said:

Wow. Biden is schitting the bed. Harris is living in Iowa and she can't out-poll Klobluchar?

What a schittshow.

Bring it on, Fauxcahontas! Nothing would be funnier than watching the left candidate lose the popular vote to Trump. I suspect at that point they'd start explaining how the only votes that matter are in NY and CA, and all other states should turn in their electoral votes.

i'm sure they didn't appreciate Joe calling their state Ohio.

• Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, RochesterRob said:

I'll keep being the guy who says this is the perfect storm for Hillary plus I still believe she has the DNC by the short hairs.  I could see a formal announcement by Thanksgiving for her entry into the race.

i've called for her to get the nod since January 2017.

she will sit out the primaries and be drafted at the Convention, they will simply declare the delegates are free to vote for whomever they want

22 minutes ago, row_33 said:

she will sit out the primaries and be drafted at the Convention, they will simply declare the delegates are free to vote for whomever they want

If the Democrats open their Convention and Clinton becomes a candidate, delegates will face a tough choice whether to vote for Hiliary or a crowded field of double tap suicide, undiagnosed heart condition, or an unfortunate fall out of an open window

• Haha (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, row_33 said:

I think that is the way Hillary would want things to unfold but the party is in free fall at present.  There needs to be a focal point soon to rally the troops around.

11 minutes ago, RochesterRob said:

I think that is the way Hillary would want things to unfold but the party is in free fall at present.  There needs to be a focal point soon to rally the troops around.

her righteousness

2 minutes ago, row_33 said:

her righteousness

I was simply going to leave the definition of a focal point at Hillary herself but yeah her ego.  Which is amazing that she has kept it in check this long so as not to enter but obviously she has been receptive to the logic to stay out of the light to this point in part due to Epstein, E-mails, hubby, etc.. 

Cluck Clodd (Chuck Todd) blathering away on NBC News about Bloomberg preparing to jump in the race.  Does not stand a chance in my mind but the clown car is starting to look a little empty now.

So, Bloomberg is in, and Holder is circling... but that's because the internal numbers are so high at the DNC, right? It's not born from the panic as they're realizing they've let a bunch of nutters take center stage who have no chance of winning in 2020... 

Oh... and, Mike? 

Enjoy what's coming your way.

• Like (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

So, Bloomberg is in, and Holder is circling... but that's because the internal numbers are so high at the DNC, right? It's not born from the panic as they're realizing they've let a bunch of nutters take center stage who have no chance of winning in 2020... 

Oh... and, Mike? 

Enjoy what's coming your way.

Who's the cougar on the left dressed up as a leopard?