Democratic 2020 Presidential Primary Thread

snafu

9 hours ago, B-Man said:

‘She’s lying’ again: Elizabeth Warren’s had enough of billionaires not wanting to ‘pay 2 cents out of their bazillion dollars’ for her wealth tax

AF36B143-632B-429A-BCA7-6086EFF5D95B.thumb.jpeg.d4c49fa7bfec502850333776612491dc.jpeg

https://twitchy.com/dougp-3137/2019/11/11/shes-lying-again-elizabeth-warrens-had-enough-of-billionaires-not-wanting-to-pay-2-cents-out-of-their-bazillion-dollars-for-her-wealth-tax/

It's a net worth tax and it amounts to 6% annually for all net worth over 1 billion dollars. That net worth has already been taxed (presumably) to reduce it to what it is. Typically people worth that kind of money have their assets tied up in non liquid form so to meet Lizzy's requirement one would have to sell an asset. Think of the consequences of that. High worth individuals would have to take a portion of their worth and not invest it, but keep it in a liquid form. Liawatha, scalping the billionaires and burning our economy at the stake.

See the source image

Edited by 3rdnlng

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

13 hours ago, 4merper4mer said:

Staying in front of the IG is like staying in front of an oncoming glacier.  

jWX3iL.gif

9 hours ago, 3rdnlng said:

It's a net worth tax and it amounts to 6% annually for all net worth over 1 billion dollars. That net worth has already been taxed (presumably) to reduce it to what it is. Typically people worth that kind of money have their assets tied up in non liquid form so to meet Lizzy's requirement one would have to sell an asset. Think of the consequences of that. High worth individuals would have to take a portion of their worth and not invest it, but keep it in a liquid form. Liawatha, scalping the billionaires and burning our economy at the stake.

See the source image

I'm just waiting for the line from Warren that those billionaires aren't sufficiently patriotic because they won't sell assets in order to pay outrageous taxes.

Not willingly sacrificing your wealth to advance a communist agenda is unAmerican, dammit!

• Haha (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, Koko78 said:

jWX3iL.gif

I'm just waiting for the line from Warren that those billionaires aren't sufficiently patriotic because they won't sell assets in order to pay outrageous taxes.

Not willingly sacrificing your wealth to advance a communist agenda is unAmerican, dammit!

It's like the dumbass Left who kept calling for Trump to divest himself of all property so that there could not be any conflicts of interest as President. They have no clue what that would involve tax wise and bargaining wise to force those sales.

One less clown-car participant. How much longer can he continue his campaign?

And wow, I didn't realize it was next week!!  That will be a "great" week for the Ds  - first the "impeachment" hearings debacle quickly followed by a debate to remind people just what their choice will be next year: President Trump or a crazy Democrat.

Julián Castro to miss November debate

The former HUD secretary is falling well short of the polling threshold to make the stage in Atlanta next week. [Nov 20]

Former Housing and Urban Development Secretary Julián Castro won't qualify for the next Democratic presidential primary debate, the only candidate still in the race who participated in the October debate to miss out on November's.

</snip>

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

One less clown-car participant. How much longer can he continue his campaign?

And wow, I didn't realize it was next week!!  That will be a "great" week for the Ds  - first the "impeachment" hearings debacle quickly followed by a debate to remind people just what their choice will be next year: President Trump or a crazy Democrat.

Julián Castro to miss November debate

The former HUD secretary is falling well short of the polling threshold to make the stage in Atlanta next week. [Nov 20]

Former Housing and Urban Development Secretary Julián Castro won't qualify for the next Democratic presidential primary debate, the only candidate still in the race who participated in the October debate to miss out on November's.

</snip>

I have a feeling that Trump's streak of winning the Democrat debates will hold.

7 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

I so love Best Korean press releases.

EJXUbzZXsAEXdj1?format=png&name=900x900

The hyperbole is just hysterical.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

12 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

All of them. 

The big winners will be Mayor Pete and Biden who don’t have to go. 

In a way too early prediction, I think it will be Mayor Pete against Trump.

He's been the best so far at not saying anything people are paying attention to and not doing anything illegal.

He's got the best strategy.  Keep the crazy in check enough to get through the primaries.

22 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

All of them. 

The big winners will be Mayor Pete and Biden who don’t have to go. 

And the big losers will be Mayor Pete and Biden, who can't campaign on their impeachment vote.

Don't kid yourself: the impeachment vote IS the campaign trail.

• Like (+1) 2

25 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

And the big losers will be Mayor Pete and Biden, who can't campaign on their impeachment vote.

if they didn’t run a candidate in 2020 it wouldn’t be that much missed or a loss

10 hours ago, Joe Miner said:

In a way too early prediction, I think it will be Mayor Pete against Trump.

He's been the best so far at not saying anything people are paying attention to and not doing anything illegal.

He's got the best strategy.  Keep the crazy in check enough to get through the primaries.

Mayor Pete's sexual orientation does not play with certain blocks of the traditional Democratic voter base.  It truly will be desperate times if he is nominated at the convention.

• Thank you (+1) 1

45 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

Harris is pretty much gone but I could see the DNC wanting to give Warren the bragging rights for voting to impeach.  The DNC very badly wants this to go to the Senate even if the vote will be against impeachment.

43 minutes ago, RochesterRob said:

Mayor Pete's sexual orientation does not play with certain blocks of the traditional Democratic voter base.  It truly will be desperate times if he is nominated at the convention.

Been saying this for a while. It is a truth few want to contemplate or admit to.

1 hour ago, RochesterRob said:

Harris is pretty much gone but I could see the DNC wanting to give Warren the bragging rights for voting to impeach.  The DNC very badly wants this to go to the Senate even if the vote will be against impeachment.

I don't know about that. The Democrat leadership has to know that a trial in the Senate will be an unmitigated disaster for them come November - as in Trump may hit 400+ electoral votes-type disaster.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, RochesterRob said:

The dems would prefer to have the Senate dismiss the charges so they can say it was a coverup. If the House impeaches, a thorough trial in the Senate is what the GOP would prefer. In that scenario the dems will be crushed.

1 hour ago, 3rdnlng said:

The dems would prefer to have the Senate dismiss the charges so they can say it was a coverup. If the House impeaches, a thorough trial in the Senate is what the GOP would prefer. In that scenario the dems will be crushed.

Events of the last day could very well prove you correct.  The texture of this move changes by the hour.  The Democrat lines of defense keep getting knocked down repeatedly in the last few days.  They could be much more vulnerable at this point than we realize.  Stay tuned.