Democratic 2020 Presidential Primary Thread

snafu

Funny.............I read that he was way ahead in the polls.

Biden's 'allies' gearing up to sink his campaign

Hill [Washington DC], by Keith Naughton

Original Article

In politics your friends are more trouble than your enemies. Joe Biden is experiencing this phenomenon right now. Even though Democratic voters and interests detest President Trump to an unprecedented degree, the squabbling factions of their coalition continue to impose demands on Biden and parse every word, making sure he doesn’t violate ideological norms and sensibilities — potentially costing him the presidency. America’s two-party system forces candidates for president to cobble together a big coalition of interests and demographics that sit uncomfortably under a big tent. The result is competing demands and constant jockeying for influence. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

THUD: Jennifer Rubin names ‘institutional’ problem Biden should fix as president, trips hard over Joe’s resume

jennifer-rubin-tv-set.jpg

We often point out that it’s clear many Democrats and media types had the blinders firmly in place during the eight years before Trump took office, and here’s yet another glaring example courtesy of the Washington Post’s “conservative blogger” Jennifer Rubin:

Um, who wants to tell her?

8 years as VP and decades in the Senate just wasn't enough time

• Like (+1) 2

The Joe Biden campaign on Tuesday sent an email to its supporters that highlighted "George Floyd's last words" in a message that included a link for people to donate to the campaign, a move which drew criticism 

The lengthy email tore into President Trump's handling of the unrest following Floyd's death last week while in the custody of the Minneapolis Police Department, called for an end to violence from rioters and said that Biden would create a "national police oversight commission."

The message was saved by "The Archive of Political Emails," a project run by the Defending Democracy Together Institute

Staffers lash out in Bernie world meltdown

Long simmering tensions within the Sanders campaign have gone public.

The feud between different factions of Sanders' team made public tensions that had been simmering since the primaries.

Bernie world is tearing itself apart.

As election results across the country rolled in on Tuesday evening, current and former aides to Bernie Sanders abruptly laced into each other on social media, trading accusations of being “tone-deaf,” not giving “a ***** about the base,” and even stealing infrastructure from the 2020 campaign.

</snip>

• Thank you (+1) 3

Welp, with (probably) no convention and Joey B getting enough delegates, looks like no white knight. The Democrats hopes are with a corrupt, senile old man. Heaven help us if he wins.

Edited by Buffalo_Gal
  • Like (+1) 3

7 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Fixed it for you... though I'd probably add incompetent, self-serving and inhumane...

but your clearly intended characterization of Donald Trump works  :beer:

Oh, good one. :rolleyes:

I was watching the Joe Biden vs Sarah Palin debate yesterday,  @transplantbillsfan  My goodness how Joe Biden has declined. It is sad.  You may want to take a look at Joe-B's decline the last few years. The decline is stark.

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

Oh, good one. :rolleyes:

I was watching the Joe Biden vs Sarah Palin debate yesterday,  @transplantbillsfan  My goodness how Joe Biden has declined. It is sad.  You may want to take a look at Joe-B's decline the last few years. The decline is stark.

...LMAO....you'll be a great, great great grandmother before you EVER get that admission from this jokester.....grade school has been out of session FAR too long and parents let their children go rogue......

• Like (+1) 1

@transplantbillsfan must not give a hoot about systemic racism in our country or its justice system. Because if he did, he wouldn't be supporting one of the primary architects of that systemic racism for over 40 years. Biden's biggest accomplishment while in Congress was the Crime Bill -- which did more to tilt the system against black and brown men than any other piece of legislation since Reconstruction. 

Oh, I know. He must be ignoring that part and focusing on how much time and effort Biden put into fighting for those causes while serving 8 years as VP... no, wait, that can't be right. Considering Biden (nor Obama) did a single thing in 8 years to address those issues. 

But this time it'll be different right? 

Anyone who's spent the past week down here railing about "systemic racism" who also plans on voting for Biden is literally too stupid to insult. 

• Like (+1) 1

@transplantbillsfan "Joe will fix the systemic injustice and racism in our system!"

Same guy: 

Sorry, anyone who's crying about this issue who is still planning to vote for the guy who created the problem in the first place is either too stupid to see their shooting their own goals in the foot -- or completely and totally dishonest. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

@transplantbillsfan must not give a hoot about systemic racism in our country or its justice system. Because if he did, he wouldn't be supporting one of the primary architects of that systemic racism for over 40 years. Biden's biggest accomplishment while in Congress was the Crime Bill -- which did more to tilt the system against black and brown men than any other piece of legislation since Reconstruction. 

Oh, I know. He must be ignoring that part and focusing on how much time and effort Biden put into fighting for those causes while serving 8 years as VP... no, wait, that can't be right. Considering Biden (nor Obama) did a single thing in 8 years to address those issues. 

But this time it'll be different right? 

Anyone who's spent the past week down here railing about "systemic racism" who also plans on voting for Biden is literally too stupid to insult. 

Holy crap dude! In such a sensitive moment you choose to call black people stupid?

Biden is going to crush Trump in the Black vote. Trump will be lucky if he reaches 10%.

I knew you were arrogant. I didn't know you're also racist. 

Such a shame.

1 hour ago, Deranged Rhino said:

@transplantbillsfan "Joe will fix the systemic injustice and racism in our system!"

Same guy: 

Sorry, anyone who's crying about this issue who is still planning to vote for the guy who created the problem in the first place is either too stupid to see their shooting their own goals in the foot -- or completely and totally dishonest. 

Now black people are stupid AND dishonest?!?! :doh:

Dude. Take a break.

Just now, transplantbillsfan said:

Holy crap dude! In such a sensitive moment you choose to call black people stupid?

I never said black people. 

But racists can't help but see everything through that prism ;) 

I said people who are upset by systemic racism who decide to vote for Biden are deeply stupid, or deeply dishonest. Which one are you? 

1 minute ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Biden is going to crush Trump in the Black vote. Trump will be lucky if he reaches 10%.

I knew you were arrogant. I didn't know you're also racist. 

Such a shame.

Again, only one of us brought race into this. It wasn't me. Might want to check that privilege -- 

But tell me, how can you support one of the primary architects of institutional racism, a man who's been in power 40+ years and sponsored the Crime Bill? Or is the cognitive dissonance so painful for you that you completely deny that reality? 

Don't answer, I know which one it is. 

I mean, he’s not wrong. Biden has a long history of racist utterances.  

But, you are probably correct transplantbillsfan.  Somehow what happened to George Floyd is getting tied to the guy sitting in the White House right now, and enough people truly believe it that the election will likely be a bloodbath.  (Of course, I thought Hilary was going to win in 2016 so what do I know)

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

I never said black people. 

But racists can't help but see everything through that prism ;) 

I said people who are upset by systemic racism who decide to vote for Biden are deeply stupid, or deeply dishonest. Which one are you? 

Holy cow there you go again!

Or are you just so narcissistic you don't understand that black people as a whole are upset by systemic racism?

Stop calling black people stupid and dishonest. Emphasizing it even more with "deeply" is even worse.

Or are you just so narcissistic you don't understand that black people as a whole are upset by systemic racism?

Stop calling black people stupid and dishonest. Emphasizing it even more with "deeply" is even worse.

I did no such thing. Again, you, the white liberal (racist) added black to the equation. 

I said "people". 

Funny that you can't see past race -- yet you're still going to vote for the guy who was the primary architect of institutional racism... how can you square that with your beliefs? 

(You can't -- but you're too dishonest to admit that)

You didn't? You brought up systemic racism first.

Do you think that's somehow separate from race,

Oy 

You think only black people care about this issue? 

Yeah, you're a deeply stupid person Transplant. And racist. So racist you don't even see how you injected race into this discussion when I did not. ;) 

3 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

So you're saying if they aren't then 'they ain't black'?

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Deranged Rhino said:

I did no such thing. Again, you, the white liberal (racist) added black to the equation. 

I said "people". 

Wait, now you're talking about systemic racism and you're trying to distinguish "systemic racism" from "race?"

You did say people. That's true. 

Who as a group is most upset about systemic racism?

Pretty clearly black people as a whole, isn't it?

Wait, are you now just saying anyone White who is upset about systemic racism who votes Biden is stupid and dishonest?

Jesus man, so now you're saying black people aren't actually people???? :blink:

That's soooooooo much worse than what you said before!

2 minutes ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

So you're saying if they aren't then 'they ain't black'?

It's amazing, isn't it? 

Poor @transplantbillsfan unable to think for himself has finally come back to bite him. 

And now, rather than admit there's a problem with supporting both Joe Biden and fighting "systemic racism", he lashes out and calls others racists for merely pointing out this contradiction. 

Wait, now you're talking about systemic racism and you're trying to distinguish "systemic racism" from "race?"

You did say people. That's true. 

Who as a group is most upset about systemic racism?

Pretty clearly black people as a whole, isn't it?

Wait, are you now just saying anyone White who is upset about systemic racism who votes Biden is stupid and dishonest?

Jesus man, so now you're saying black people aren't actually people???? :blink:

That's soooooooo much worse than what you said before!

It's only worse when you have to lie about what was written to avoid the uncomfortable position you now find yourself in. 

As I said before, and repeated: anyone who's spent the past two weeks decrying systemic racism while also planning to support Biden -- a man who spent forty years in office creating that systemic racism -- is either deeply stupid or deeply dishonest. 

There' no mention of race in that equation. But you inserted it. Why? Because you know the truth of this statement and are horrified that you've fallen into that trap. You're supporting the man who co-sponsored the Crime Bill, a piece of legislation that did more to harm brown and black folk than any piece of legislation since Reconstruction. You want to pretend this isn't reality, when it is. 

Because you're a deeply stupid person, Transplant. Falsely accusing me of racism for pointing that out, only proves me correct. 

So the same fingers that raped Tara Reade ***** wants to pull the trigger shooting Black people " in the leg "  sane prople are voting for Howie Hawkins and Angela Walker WWW.HOWIEHAWKINS.US .................to pretend BidenS racist record with Strom Thurmond and bussing will win him Black votes is delusional out of the Jim Jones Peoples Temple cult brainwashing koolaid cookbook @transplantbillsfan

_ V _ A _ G _ I _ N _ A  of Tara Reade raped 1993 by Senator BidenS 

• Like (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

It's only worse when you have to lie about what was written to avoid the uncomfortable position you now find yourself in. 

As I said before, and repeated: anyone who's spent the past two weeks decrying systemic racism while also planning to support Biden -- a man who spent forty years in office creating that systemic racism -- is either deeply stupid or deeply dishonest. 

There' no mention of race in that equation. But you inserted it. Why? Because you know the truth of this statement and are horrified that you've fallen into that trap. You're supporting the man who co-sponsored the Crime Bill, a piece of legislation that did more to harm brown and black folk than any piece of legislation since Reconstruction. You want to pretend this isn't reality, when it is. 

Because you're a deeply stupid person, Transplant. Falsely accusing me of racism for pointing that out, only proves me correct. 

Wow.

You just can't stop yourself.

78% of African American voters in the South Carolina primaries 65 or older voted for Joe Biden as their Democratic candidate in February.

You think those old black voters in the deep south haven't experienced systemic racism?

They overwhelmingly support Biden.

So now old black voters in South Carolina are deeply stupid or deeply dishonest?

We've established your racism, but do you have something against old people, too?

Wow.

78% of African American voters in the South Carolina primaries 65 or older voted for Joe Biden as their Democratic candidate in February.

You think those old black voters in the deep south haven't experienced systemic racism?

So now old black voters in South Carolina are deeply stupid or deeply dishonest?

We've established your racism, but do you have something against old people, too?

You're dodging the issue. Because you know you can't argue against it. The only hope you have is to insert race into the equation and argue against something I never said. 

That's why you're losing, @transplantbillsfan

1 minute ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Wow.

Do you have any idea how stupid you look making this charge?  Especially in place of a logically formed argument?

Good grief.

• Like (+1) 2