Democratic 2020 Presidential Primary Thread

snafu

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One theory put forth by some is that the longer Mayor Not, Frau Blucher, Candidate1/1024 and Bloombuck$ stay in, they'll dilute the percent of delegates for Burnme.

Thus, if BS were to go into the convention with 35-40% of the total delegates, the Dem hierarchy could push the notion the majority of Dem voters do not want him as their candidate and do their super delegate hocus pocus and pick QPJ.

Seems unlikely, but.......?

2 hours ago, I am the egg man said:

One theory put forth by some is that the longer Mayor Not, Frau Blucher, Candidate1/1024 and Bloombuck$ stay in, they'll dilute the percent of delegates for Burnme.

Thus, if BS were to go into the convention with 35-40% of the total delegates, the Dem hierarchy could push the notion the majority of Dem voters do not want him as their candidate and do their super delegate hocus pocus and pick QPJ.

Seems unlikely, but.......?

Mini Mike is starving them of cash. Not only is he not giving his normal donations, instead of getting donations from other big donors he had said they could help by not donating to anyone. So, they have not been.  Bernie doesn't rely as much on that type of money.  The rest of 'em? It should be interesting to see who lasts past Super Tuesday besides Mini Mike and Bernie.

4 contests in and it's already looking like a 2 person race between Biden and Sanders.

Bloomberg is a massive stick in Biden's wheel, but does anyone honestly think if Bloomberg weren't in this that Biden wouldn't be the odds on favorite at this point to be the Democratic nominee and then President?

Oh wait, I forgot where I was... I know how most of you would probably answer that question.  :lol:

4 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

4 contests in and it's already looking like a 2 person race between Biden and Sanders.

Bloomberg is a massive stick in Biden's wheel, but does anyone honestly think if Bloomberg weren't in this that Biden wouldn't be the odds on favorite at this point to be the Democratic nominee and then President?

Oh wait, I forgot where I was... I know how most of you would probably answer that question.  :lol:

How can anyone vote for Joey-B? The man should be at home with a caregiver. What is going on with him being paraded out there is elder abuse, IMO. Cognitively, he is impaired. Whether it is from old age, his past strokes, or something else, I do not know, but, the man has issues.

• Like (+1) 3

2 hours ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

How can anyone vote for Joey-B? The man should be at home with a caregiver. What is going on with him being paraded out there is elder abuse, IMO. Cognitively, he is impaired. Whether it is from old age, his past strokes, or something else, I do not know, but, the man has issues.

That's a bunch of mularkey.  I read this was the first primary he's ever won even though he's ran 3 times (maybe 4) within the last 30 years.  I was surprised at how much the endorsement from James Clyburn had on the voters (the exit poll showed nearly 50% took that endorsement into consideration when voting).

The main reason Dems are voting for him is he was Obama's VP.  Older black voters especially given they're more conservative and they showed up in droves in SC.  Hillary won 74% of the votes there in '16.  To me Biden's the Democrat's version of McCain.  Maybe he'll pick a Sarah Palin as his running mate like AOC.

Edited by Doc Brown
  • Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

That's a bunch of mularkey.  I read this was the first primary he's ever won even though he's ran 3 times (maybe 4) within the last 30 years.  I was surprised at how much the endorsement from James Clyburn had on the voters (the exit poll showed nearly 50% took that endorsement into consideration when voting).

The main reason Dems are voting for him is he was Obama's VP.  Older black voters especially given they're more conservative and they showed up in droves in SC.  Hillary won 74% of the votes there in '16.  To me Biden's the Democrat's version of McCain.  Maybe he'll pick a Sarah Palin as his running mate like AOC.

if you don't think Biden has cognitive issues, either you aren't paying attention or you're simply partisan. is there more than two days that go by where he doesn't make some sort of gaffe regarding where he is, what he has done or what he wants to do? in no way, shape or form is he fit to serve.

of course, i may have been taking this post literally when it is, after all, a bunch of malarkey 

Edited by Foxx
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Doc Brown said:

Biden is too mentally lacking to be anywhere near the WH. Obama was derelict in his duty by even pairing up with him, knowing that if something happened to him we'd have Mr. MaGoo leading our nation. Democrats don't have a candidate that is actually viable. Bernie has no real accomplishments throughout his life and the only thing he has to offer is a pie in the sky philosophy, proven wrong whenever it has been tried. Biden has been in political office for decade after decade and has no accomplishments either. That coupled with a lack of personal courage and what appears as the onset of dementia is the death knell for him. Bloomberg appears to be the only other choice but he's much like the Medieval King chosen from another country. He's not a democrat and carries too much baggage. In addition, he will never get the far left (Bernie's supporters) to the polls. I would say that the democrats are FUBAR but that's not actually accurate. I recognize their condition based on prior circumstances. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

that Biden wouldn't be the odds on favorite at this point to be the Democratic nominee and then President?