Democratic 2020 Presidential Primary Thread

snafu

1 hour ago, B-Man said:

Bloomberg qualifies for Las Vegas debate, facing Democratic rivals for first time

by Emily Jacobs

Original Article

Bernie should break from the party and go independent. There's  no way a guy who pisses on billionaires as his main stump speech is going to get support from the DNC when faced with a gzillionaire as opposition. The Dems will take the money all day and they'll piss on Bernie. Again.

Edited by IDBillzFan
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...Bern "feeling the burn"?......deja vu...……….

MSNBC's Ari Melber calls out Tom Perez, DNC for changing debate rules to help Bloomberg: 'It's not fair'

By Joseph A. Wulfsohn | Fox News

MSNBC anchor Ari Melber called out the Democratic National Committee (DNC) as well as its chairman Tom Perez for changing its debate rules that could pave the way for former New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg to land a spot on the debate stage.

The DNC sparked controversy last month after it announced that it would no longer require its candidates to meet a donor threshold, which along with polling benchmarks were required for 2020 Democrats to meet in order to have a podium. But since Bloomberg has been self-funding his campaign, he was considered ineligible to participate despite his rise in the polls- that is until the DNC changed the rules.

After pointing out Perez's explanation of the donor rule last year, which was to empower "grassroots" movements for more unknown candidates, and his defense of the debate rules after they were criticized by former 2020 candidate Sen. Cory Booker, D-N.J, Melber asked his viewers if it's "fair" for the DNC to change the rules "in the middle of the game."

https://www.foxnews.com/media/msnbc-ari-melber-tom-perez-dnc-bloomberg

3 hours ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

..bad, bad boy Mini-Mike...………….

Bloomberg’s ‘mercenaries’: Billionaire Dem funding network of climate lawyers inside state AG offices

By Tyler Olson | Fox News

A program funded by 2020 presidential candidate Michael Bloomberg is paying the salaries of lawyers who are farmed out to liberal state attorney general offices to pursue climate-based litigation -- a compact critics say amounts to Bloomberg buying state law enforcement employees to advance his preferred political agenda.

The arrangement, which currently pays the salaries of Special Assistant Attorneys General (SAAGs) in 10 Democratic AG offices, is drawing new scrutiny now that Bloomberg is running for president. The New York University School of Law's State Energy & Environmental Impact Center, which was started in 2017 with $5.6 million from Bloomberg's nonprofit, hires mid-career lawyers as "research fellows" before providing them to state AGs where they assist in pursuing "progressive" policy goals through the courts.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/bloomberg-network-climate-lawyers-ag

I had to look at the linked article:
"According to its website, the NYU State Impact Center currently has attorneys placed in the AG offices for Washington, D.C., Delaware, Connecticut, Illinois, Massachusetts, Maryland, Minnesota, New Mexico, New York and Oregon. The attorney general running each of those offices is a Democrat."
It does not surprise me that the governor's cap and trade agenda is in now in round II, after being defeated in the last session,  is being supported by outside interests,

• Like (+1) 1

How Tall is Michael Bloomberg, Really?

Welsch-BloombergSarkozy_021320.jpg

"He's 5'5", or I'll eat my hat.

President Donald Trump recently mocked Democratic presidential candidate Michael Bloomberg as “a 5’4” mass of dead energy.” Immediately, the mainstream press and tech companies were out playing defense for the diminutive billionaire founder of Bloomberg LP and former mayor of New York City. A National Public Radio host in a blasé tone rebuffed this as another one of the President’s lies, stating that Bloomberg was in reality 5’8”. Presumably the host relied on Google for her fact checking, because that’s the height that the tech giant lists.

As a former Bloomberg News employee, I heard this and shook my head in disbelief. Google is lying. I’ve seen the man in person, and he’s strikingly short. My colleagues and I estimated him at 5’5”. Reviewing morning news reports, I note that Google isn’t the only one that inflates Bloomberg’s height. The Daily Caller and NBC News give him 5’7”, the Washington Free Beacon 5’6”. Apparently Bloomberg himself has said 5’7”,  but then he’s also claimed to be 5’10”, which is taller than I am and contrary to my memory of having to tilt my head downward when I stood near him on one occasion several years ago..."

....HUH?...this CANNOT be right....."Shakir told Vanity Fair that Fox News has been "more fair than MSNBC.""

Sanders campaign manager rips MSNBC for 'undermining' senator's candidacy: 'You can feel the disdain' for his supporters

By Joseph A. Wulfsohn | Fox News

The campaign manager for Sen. Bernie Sanders, I-Vt., blasted MSNBC's coverage of the progressive candidate, accusing the liberal network of "undermining" the campaign.

Speaking to Vanity Fair, Faiz Shakir revealed that he had "approached" MSNBC president Phil Griffin, recalling from the exchange, "We watched a ton of terrible coverage occurring and we thought we’d at least try to address it."

Supporters of the Sanders campaign have been quite vocal with their complaints towards MSNBC in recent weeks, with anchor Chuck Todd being repeatly named. Todd raised eyebrows for asking how Sanders is "considered a frontrunner" despite his victory in New Hampshire and his surge in the polls and was slammed for suggesting that Sanders supporters were a  "digital brownshirt brigade," which was condemned by the Anti-Defamation League (ADL).

https://www.foxnews.com/media/sanders-campaign-manager-faiz-shakir-msnbc

4 hours ago, Golden Goat said:

Yup, he's got the black vote, no prob. ?

bv.jpg

That dude wants his kid back.

Hes standing there thinking: not cool, just take the photo and give me back my kid, my wife is going to kill me if this picture gets out.

• Haha (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Golden Goat said:

How Tall is Michael Bloomberg, Really?

Welsch-BloombergSarkozy_021320.jpg

"He's 5'5", or I'll eat my hat.

President Donald Trump recently mocked Democratic presidential candidate Michael Bloomberg as “a 5’4” mass of dead energy.” Immediately, the mainstream press and tech companies were out playing defense for the diminutive billionaire founder of Bloomberg LP and former mayor of New York City. A National Public Radio host in a blasé tone rebuffed this as another one of the President’s lies, stating that Bloomberg was in reality 5’8”. Presumably the host relied on Google for her fact checking, because that’s the height that the tech giant lists.

As a former Bloomberg News employee, I heard this and shook my head in disbelief. Google is lying. I’ve seen the man in person, and he’s strikingly short. My colleagues and I estimated him at 5’5”. Reviewing morning news reports, I note that Google isn’t the only one that inflates Bloomberg’s height. The Daily Caller and NBC News give him 5’7”, the Washington Free Beacon 5’6”. Apparently Bloomberg himself has said 5’7”,  but then he’s also claimed to be 5’10”, which is taller than I am and contrary to my memory of having to tilt my head downward when I stood near him on one occasion several years ago..."

3pdou7.jpg

2 hours ago, 3rdnlng said:

I've seen a few of Bloomberg's tv ads and they strike me as saying nothing. No specifics and nothing but platitudes. They make me wonder "where's the beef"? 

The one with Obama is hysterical. You have to be Q-tibs-level stupid to watch that ad and determine anything other than one time, a long time ago, Barack Obama introduced Bloomberg at a public event. 

Bloomberg turned that into a virtual Obama endorsement.

Hysterical.

Bloomberg's Plan For Social Security Makes Jerry Seinfeld Show Seem About Something

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/retirement/what-mike-bloomberg-wants-to-do-to-your-social-security/ar-BB105HBf?li=BBnbfcL

What Bloomberg wants

Bloomberg set out a four-point plan for Social Security:

• Consider options for protecting Social Security's finances as well as the benefits of its neediest participants.
  • Provide better minimum benefits for low-income retirees.
  • Change the formula for calculating cost-of-living adjustments (COLAs).

See more at the link

Edited by 3rdnlng

11 minutes ago, Golden Goat said:

Those seeking civilized debate will long for 2016 after what's coming in 2020.

EQq3GBmUEAILb8Y.jpg

Oh don't worry, he's got a plan to bring extra AC to the Beast, if elected:

https://nypost.com/2012/06/27/mayor-rigs-wacky-ac-to-keep-his-suv-chilled/

27-1n005-airconditioning-c-300x300.jpg?q

Now remember to kill your children and plug up the cow buttholes to reduce your carbon footprint!

• Like (+1) 1