The Walking Dead and the Whisperers

20 minutes ago, dpberr said:

I figure they want to make the Whisperers scary and they aren't scary at all if your hunting parties are armed with 21st Century firearms.    

On that note, I think they revealed Alpha a bit too early.  A little bit of a cloud of mystery around their big bad leader could have gone a long way.

This show has fallen off over the past few seasons. I’ve been in it from episode one  back when my college buddies and I would look forward to Sunday evenings with TWD and too much beer. Part of the excitement for me was that it was about surviving the apocalypse and the walkers. Now that has been maneuvered and spent, it just doesn’t have the same excitement factor as it once had (Herschel’s Farm, the prison).

As related to this latest time jump (six years, correct?) I am also disappointed by the development of the communities. They should be much more well defended and prepared. 

I really don't have any complaints about yesterday.  The only thing that bugged me was Connie roaming through the corn field with no sound playing seemed a bit hokey to me.  Yeah, we all know she's deaf, but it didn't really seem necessary.

3 hours ago, shrader said:

I really don't have any complaints about yesterday.  The only thing that bugged me was Connie roaming through the corn field with no sound playing seemed a bit hokey to me.  Yeah, we all know she's deaf, but it didn't really seem necessary.

I liked it.....made me feel like I was feeling what she was feeling

by the way.....she hot

4 minutes ago, eball said:

I haven't picked this back up again since the new season started...worth it or nah?

Judith is worth some entertainment.  

New enemy tie in.  It may get interesting this week 

IMO a decent opener  2 of the last 3 were worthy entertainment 

Negan.  Let me out.. I can be a good enforcer for Alexandria 

• Like (+1) 1

54 minutes ago, shrader said:

So what exactly did Alpha use that cut through the woman's spine like butter?  I don't usually care about stuff like this, but that was a bit ridiculous.

A Magically infused Wire?

yes, it was  a bit ridiculous

I wanted Lydia to stab Alpha when she was told to kill Henry  

Beta was holding Henry and may not have been able to stop her. 

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

11 hours ago, Bandito said:

yea then beta survives that ridiculous fall geesh

LOL  

I knew before he fell he'd live   though he did bounce a few times to soften the blow ...  it was only 2 floors 

the bigger crock was the Highwaymen.  There has to be a story there right?  

58 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

LOL  

I knew before he fell he'd live   though he did bounce a few times to soften the blow ...  it was only 2 floors 

the bigger crock was the Highwaymen.  There has to be a story there right?  

I liked the way that played out with the Highwaymen, who doesn't like a good movie. Stealing corn and apples is easy, but you just can't run off with a movie.

They didn't strike me as savior killer types, why wouldn't they jump at a chance to get back to a somewhat normal life?

42 minutes ago, Gary M said:

I liked the way that played out with the Highwaymen, who doesn't like a good movie. Stealing corn and apples is easy, but you just can't run off with a movie.

They didn't strike me as savior killer types, why wouldn't they jump at a chance to get back to a somewhat normal life?

the premise was just weak IMO.   It was just too easy. 

Joining up was the easy way out, the bad guy to good guy was just too quick

1 hour ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

the premise was just weak IMO.   It was just too easy. 

Joining up was the easy way out, the bad guy to good guy was just too quick

I didn't see them as bad guys as much as I saw them as desperate guys. They didn't seem like they wanted a fight.