The Walking Dead and the Whisperers

I just have a hard time picturing that after all of these years, there's another group in their immediate area that they're not yet aware of.  At least with the Whisperers, they're migrant.  Marking roads and attempting to toll them suggests that the group is settled and not moving around.

41 minutes ago, shrader said:

I just have a hard time picturing that after all of these years, there's another group in their immediate area that they're not yet aware of.  At least with the Whisperers, they're migrant.  Marking roads and attempting to toll them suggests that the group is settled and not moving around.

these highwaymen may also have just wandered into the area 

in the 6 years the communities split up.  Not sure of the dynamics of Hilltop and the Kingdom, but definitely Alexandria.  

53 minutes ago, Gary M said:

I didn't see them as bad guys as much as I saw them as desperate guys. They didn't seem like they wanted a fight.

true.

and they were lucky they ran into reasonable people 

4 hours ago, shrader said:

or they wandered in and found a settled place they thought they could strong arm for some goodies. They haven't been there long or they might have known The Kingdom was struggling.

Edited by Gary M

29 minutes ago, Gary M said:

or they wandered in and found a settled place they thought they could strong arm for some goodies. They haven't been there long or they might have known The Kingdom was struggling.

It's ironic.

Random group of well-fed dudes with well-fed horses, armed with firearms.

Kingdom:  On the verge of collapse, running out of everything, medieval weaponry

4 minutes ago, dpberr said:

It's ironic.

Random group of well-fed dudes with well-fed horses, armed with firearms.

Kingdom:  On the verge of collapse, running out of everything, medieval weaponry

The one dude had a muzzle loader, which was weird because after they said they had guns I started think about how to make primer and powder, then realized a muzzleloader would be good to have. Which is cool because I have several.

Or the guns are just for show and intimidation. Just like how they were standing in a sea of mannequins to make it look like there were more of them. They know how to put on a show. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Yes. WTF?

3 min of show 5 min commercials 

Now we know why Michone has is

the way she is 

And the cut away is about as awkward as possible. AMC is going to get plenty of complaints. 

That commercial issue really hurt the episode. It seemed like each time they were giving back story on Michonne’s friend, it cut out. I never really knew what their deal was. 

• Like (+1) 1

Big deaths at the end of every season.  They always make it someone we learn to like.  It will probably be Henry but geez it better not be Judith.  That little girl is really a good actress.  And it's a great character, much to my surprise.

8 hours ago, 4merper4mer said:

Big deaths at the end of every season.  They always make it someone we learn to like.  It will probably be Henry but geez it better not be Judith.  That little girl is really a good actress.  And it's a great character, much to my surprise.

She is a great little actor.  

On The Talking Dead they spoke about how she understands the roll and isn't just reciting lines.  

Looks like they left Henry at the Sanctuary (with Lydia).    I didn't get a good look at the night scene with Daryl being surrounded by the whisperers. 

Website shows a group searching for someone.
  Daryl Carol, Highwayman and 4 or 5 others.... 

10 hours ago, 4merper4mer said:

Lydia has been really good too.  She's miles ahead of the other team actors who have been on this show.  Then again, she was given a lot more to work, starting off right away with the Daryl interrogation.

In terms of upcoming deaths, I couldn't imagine them putting Carol through yet another loss of a child.  It would give us the added bonus of getting killing machine Carol back, but man, she can't buy a break.

3 hours ago, shrader said:

Lydia has been really good too.  She's miles ahead of the other team actors who have been on this show.  Then again, she was given a lot more to work, starting off right away with the Daryl interrogation.

In terms of upcoming deaths, I couldn't imagine them putting Carol through yet another loss of a child.  It would give us the added bonus of getting killing machine Carol back, but man, she can't buy a break.

I think TWD would cross so many lines by killing Judith but it would give a Negan a rich vengence/redemption storyline.    Something has to occur to get him released by Alexandria and turned lose on the Whisperers, and IMO, the Whisperers killing Judith, Michonne or Gabriel could be the plot device.  

1 hour ago, dpberr said:

I think TWD would cross so many lines by killing Judith but it would give a Negan a rich vengence/redemption storyline.    Something has to occur to get him released by Alexandria and turned lose on the Whisperers, and IMO, the Whisperers killing Judith, Michonne or Gabriel could be the plot device.  

They wouldn't dare do anything to her at this point.  After last night, they're done for a while when it comes to killing off any children.  That whole thing loses its importance if any more follow it.

3 hours ago, shrader said:

They wouldn't dare do anything to her at this point.  After last night, they're done for a while when it comes to killing off any children.  That whole thing loses its importance if any more follow it.

Probably correct.  

• Haha (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Ho lee chit.  

That was shocking 

One part confused for a minute.  I thought character x was character y.  I'll save the names for a day or so to avoid spoiling.  Character y was there at the end for S's speech and I thought wtf?

8 hours ago, 4merper4mer said:

One part confused for a minute.  I thought character x was character y.  I'll save the names for a day or so to avoid spoiling.  Character y was there at the end for S's speech and I thought wtf?

yeah it was not obvious on some of them as to who they were. 

I guess those kids needed to head off to college. 

Highway men DJ, Alex and Ozzy  1- 3,  1 Teenage punk Addy  and Rodney,  4 - 5, Frankie (a Negan wife) the redhead that asked Lydia if she needed help?,  Tammy Rose (Brett Butler) , Tara, Enid and Henry. 

What happened to the baby? 

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

The Hilltop is kind of screwed.  They lose doctors left and right and they've managed to have 4 leaders leave the show this season (yes, I'm counting Gregory).  Daryl pretty much has to take over there now since I'm pretty sure there's no main cast left in that community.

I can't wait for next week to see how they actually plan on following that up.  Last night's show was what they typically do in the finale.  And thanks to AMC's annoying practice of forcing you to watch the show taking over the time slot before seeing the next episode's previews, I did not get to see those previews.

the article I read may have been written before last nights episode 

The Walking Dead showrunner says surprises coming in season finale.

There seemed to be a "program Time Slot Glitch"  the show initially indicated 1 hour.   So anyone with a DVR missed the LAST 20 minutes!!!!

Luckily I had TWD and Badlands and TTD set to record.   I could care less if Talking wasn't a full episode 

18 minutes ago, Gary M said:

Cry HAVOC and let loose.. NEGAN

I want an extended montage as he's assembling a new Lucile.  They need to work in that same "you're the best around" song from Karate Kid.

• Like (+1) 1

Tara is the most shocking one to die.

How much longer is this show going to go? Are they just stretching this out forever for money's sake or is there a storyline they're following?

The way Rick's last episode ended with him up in the helicopter alive, there can be absolutely no closure to this series without him showing up again.

I honestly thought the episode where Rick decided not to kill Negan would have been the perfect series finale.

On March 25, 2019 at 7:28 AM, ShadyBillsFan said:

yeah it was not obvious on some of them as to who they were. 

Reveal hidden contents

I guess those kids needed to head off to college. 

Highway men DJ, Alex and Ozzy  1- 3,  1 Teenage punk Addy  and Rodney,  4 - 5, Frankie (a Negan wife) the redhead that asked Lydia if she needed help?,  Tammy Rose (Brett Butler) , Tara, Enid and Henry. 

What happened to the baby? 

I thought Tara was Rosita.

On 3/25/2019 at 11:01 AM, ShadyBillsFan said:

There seemed to be a "program Time Slot Glitch"  the show initially indicated 1 hour.   So anyone with a DVR missed the LAST 20 minutes!!!!

Luckily I had TWD and Badlands and TTD set to record.   I could care less if Talking wasn't a full episode 

Replay Wednesday morning, 1:04am...

• Like (+1) 1

14 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Tara is the most shocking one to die.

How much longer is this show going to go? Are they just stretching this out forever for money's sake or is there a storyline they're following?

The way Rick's last episode ended with him up in the helicopter alive, there can be absolutely no closure to this series without him showing up again.

I honestly thought the episode where Rick decided not to kill Negan would have been the perfect series finale.

Forever...and according to AMC, you're going to sit there and like it.

At least three tv TWD movies with Andrew Lincoln and likely Danai Gurira (focusing on his post-helicopter rescue life)

One more spinoff series in addition to FTWD.   I've seen suggestions it could be built around a military theme (ala The Last Ship) or Abraham (pre meeting Rosita) 

A juicy theory (not a spoiler) going around is that Eugene makes contact with another community and it's Rick that answers the radio, prompting Michonne to go look for him (and transition the actress out of the series.)

2 hours ago, dpberr said:

At least three tv TWD movies with Andrew Lincoln and likely Danai Gurira (focusing on his post-helicopter rescue life)

One more spinoff series in addition to FTWD.   I've seen suggestions it could be built around a military theme (ala The Last Ship) or Abraham (pre meeting Rosita) 

A juicy theory (not a spoiler) going around is that Eugene makes contact with another community and it's Rick that answers the radio, prompting Michonne to go look for him (and transition the actress out of the series.)

I'm kind of getting tired of Michonne's sideways looks    ;)   

I doubt Daryl is the type to settle down and be leader type of guy.  

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

2 hours ago, dpberr said:

That last one would just be plain odd.  I feel like they want to keep developing the dynamic between Negan and Judith, so that would mean Michonne leaves without the kids.  If they actually did that, it would vault Michonne up to the ultimate villain status in my mind.  The only thing she could do that could possibly be any worse is letting Carol adopt them.