Syracuse Basketball 2023-24

Buffalo716

16 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Any chance the Orange make the tourney as an at large? Seems like they've stacked some wins at the end of the season.

Win both remaining and a ACC tourney game I think would do

Win 1-2 and 2 ACC tourney games could do

This team is peaking and has wayyy more individual talent than most 11-12-13 seeds 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

15 hours ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

I saw something today that after the VATech win Syracuse has a +50% chance of getting an at large bid as an 11 seed.  Squarely on the bubble.

I feel like you have been missing from this thread for a bit! 

Did you hear anything about what was going on regarding Benny?

2 hours ago, Bray Wyatt said:

I feel like you have been missing from this thread for a bit! 

Did you hear anything about what was going on regarding Benny?

Hockey season just ended for my son, so I have about 4 weeks to enjoy my interests before lacrosse season begins.  😂 

I’ve been following along and have been to a couple games this season.  I did hear that Benny and Red have been butting heads all season.  Benny throwing tantrums at practice and in the locker room.   Sounds like their relationship had become quite toxic, and Benny was just not a very good teammate.  Autry knew he had to cut bait to “reset” the team culture.  I’m not sure if there were any other contributing factors, or what was “the straw that broke the camel’s back.”

FWIW

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

I just want to say that this team is absolutely loaded for next year if they stay loyal to the orange

And quadir is going to be an NBA player himself with the awesome development of the orange staff

He's got the whole bag my God he could easily be a top 20 draft pick when it's all said and done if he sticks it out

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

I just want to say that this team is absolutely loaded for next year if they stay loyal to the orange

And quadir is going to be an NBA player himself with the awesome development of the orange staff

He's got the whole bag my God he could easily be a top 20 draft pick when it's all said and done if he sticks it out

Agreed. A very promising group. Encouraged to see Bell take the next step too. Even Taylor has looked a lot better, despite not having found his outside shot. 

I think we absolutely need to have Starling, Bell, Brown, and Copeland back next year to build on this season. That might be overly optimistic. 

Pretty impressive what this team has done this season. They've looked pretty bad at times, but they're super young, and 20 wins for a rookie hc is pretty impressive. Like others said, if this team stays together, their gonna be awesome in the coming years

On 2/28/2024 at 2:39 PM, Buffalo716 said:

Win both remaining and a ACC tourney game I think would do

Win 1-2 and 2 ACC tourney games could do

This team is peaking and has wayyy more individual talent than most 11-12-13 seeds 

The NET is doing Syracuse no favors.  I think that, in order to snag an at-large bid, they have to win @ Clemson on Tuesday, and then win 2 games in the ACC Tournament.

As for Benny, I think it was a cumulative thing.  Autry probably should have given him the boot after Williams destroyed a toilet (literally, not with a massive dump) in the locker room 

12 minutes ago, Bermuda Triangle said:

The NET is doing Syracuse no favors.  I think that, in order to snag an at-large bid, they have to win @ Clemson on Tuesday, and then win 2 games in the ACC Tournament.

As for Benny, I think it was a cumulative thing.  Autry probably should have given him the boot after Williams destroyed a toilet (literally, not with a massive dump) in the locker room 

The NET ranking are definitely flawed and I know they are important but SU is #4 rn in the ACC with 20 wins 

They should be a tournament team 

I don't get the narrative around SU this year and them being on the bubble.  20 wins, 4th in ACC, peaking at the right time of year...they would be a given for the tourney most any other year.  They are super young, but clearly have been growing into their talent over the past 6 weeks.  I think that Bell has been the difference, his assertiveness on offense has been awesome.  And the light finally turned on for him to play a little defense and rebound.  If he can keep doing those things he could be a 1st round pick with his shot.

Just imagine if Jesse had stayed and we had a true center on this team??

It also would shock me if Judah went to Georgetown next year, does anyone know why?  I mean that would be such a step back for his career IMO...either stay at Cuse or go pro.  Is the NIL money that much better at GU?

5 minutes ago, nemhoff said:

I don't get the narrative around SU this year and them being on the bubble.  20 wins, 4th in ACC, peaking at the right time of year...they would be a given for the tourney most any other year.  They are super young, but clearly have been growing into their talent over the past 6 weeks.  I think that Bell has been the difference, his assertiveness on offense has been awesome.  And the light finally turned on for him to play a little defense and rebound.  If he can keep doing those things he could be a 1st round pick with his shot.

Just imagine if Jesse had stayed and we had a true center on this team??

It also would shock me if Judah went to Georgetown next year, does anyone know why?  I mean that would be such a step back for his career IMO...either stay at Cuse or go pro.  Is the NIL money that much better at GU?

It's because the ACC is considered a shell of itself

Which hurts

2 hours ago, Bray Wyatt said:

Clemson is a bad match up for cuse rn, two bigs that are a threat to score and rebound and a lot more experience (4 seniors) to our all sophomore team

We had no chance. 

We shot very well, but we can’t match up with them at all on defense. 

If we could just get Judah to stay one more year, I feel like next year's team could be awesome. Going to have to hope for more improvements from Quadir/JJ and or maybe some portal luck.

Donnie Freeman is probably the first kid to come here in a decade where he's pretty much a no-brainer NBA player unless he literally doesn't improve at all.